What's new

Question Shazam Buffs?

Shawi

Noob
If the opponent is a bit dumb, and doesn't block. You get 6% + 33%, no more than that because they can wakeup vs your HM after the knockdown. Assuming you hit the knockdown that is a further 40% = 79%. If they block the 112 AT, at the highest possible level, you have done 6% +5% chip and you get full combo punished. If not punished you have taken 11% and have trait for about 6 more seconds. Is it worth losing that 40% combo you would have done with the hardknockdown from the HM?

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
If the opponent is a bit dumb, and doesn't block. You get 6% + 33%, no more than that because they can wakeup vs your HM after the knockdown. Assuming you hit the knockdown that is a further 40% = 79%. If they block the 112 AT, at the highest possible level, you have done 6% +5% chip and you get full combo punished. If not punished you have taken 11% and have trait for about 6 more seconds. Is it worth losing that 40% combo you would have done with the hardknockdown from the HM?
Trust me it works like 80% of the time for me.

Shawi

Noob
You can't be playing against proper players lol. That 112 will be blocked EVERY time, although I guess that sets up the possibility of a HM.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
You can't be playing against proper players lol. That 112 will be blocked EVERY time, although I guess that sets up the possibility of a HM.
Yeah the 112 is blocked pretty much everytime but if they don't respect it and try to do anything it will hit.
That doesn't matter like I said most people go low after 112 or try to poke even the Great ones which leaves you to punish that with the torpedo.

Shawi

Noob
We are assuming that your opponent isn't a potato here. If they see you activate trait, they will not try to poke and they will not go low. You are losing the rest of the combo for trait. I need to get on the game to see how viable it see and whether or not it is worth it.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
We are assuming that your opponent isn't a potato here. If they see you activate trait, they will not try to poke and they will not go low. You are losing the rest of the combo for trait. I need to get on the game to see how viable it see and whether or not it is worth it.
I've been using this all day, and i'm only playing with people I know are worth while to play against.
It's working alright.

CamRac

Noob
He still has his trait up once he lands the torpedo. So yeah, is it a risk to go for a reset? Yes. But that's the point, isn't it? This is a reset.

I think this definitely has its uses, but I don't think it's going to be an every game type of thing.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
lol these buffs did like nothing for shazam

makes HM safer if you use it in footsies that's about it....

ah the wakeup buff might have actually been good, the others though, bwah.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass

Still, it does show that NRS knows that shazam needs buffs, not nerfs, some characters werent that lucky lol, and dont you think there could be something developed from the faster trait or wake up tele?

CamRac

Noob

Meh, idk. Making the grabs more safe didn't really do much, since most characters will still be able to combo punish. But yeah, being able to actually use trait and use teleport to do more than make some strings safe is at least a step forward.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP

yeah would of been nice if his trait was as good as his arch enemy black adams... would of been nice if it would be useful in combos instead of setups lol..... oh well it could be worse he could be as bad as my most favorite character lex luthor who go no buffs.. dafuq

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
yeah would of been nice if his trait was as good as his arch enemy black adams... would of been nice if it would be useful in combos instead of setups lol..... oh well it could be worse he could be as bad as my most favorite character lex luthor who go no buffs.. dafuq
Wasnt nerfed either

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
The patch was just released i'm not saying this is the tech you should do all the time, but just one of the many things we can come up with, If you stop relying on someone to make that ground breaking tech for you and go into practice and see what you can do ^_^
Exactly. This is good, because shazam has a whole world of shenanigans that got opened up with the trait activation buff. What zigzag showed is just the tip of the iceberg. Welcome to a new era of Shazam.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

Johnny2d

He can also end combos by canceling his normals to trait for the worlds mightiest ghetto resets. He could do this before but now its much much better, and safer.

Johnny2d

Basically, after the buff, he has ways to get into trait. Whenever you see that party glove lit up its time to activate sparkle fingers and put the smack down. His overall damage got a huge buff today.