What's new

Question Shazam Buffs?

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Wasnt nerfed either
still though.. the rapetaculer slow start up speed on all his special minus corp charge is painful.. like idk how nyc fab got so fugging clean with lex lol...

back to shazam... the only thing I noticed as far as his changes was his trait activation... now I can activate from mid screen and not get my ass stomped..... I still say nrs need to give him that black/superman trait activation speed.. I think shazam could do more out of his combo if that was possible...

but in all he is still ass against good zoners

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
still though.. the rapetaculer slow start up speed on all his special minus corp charge is painful.. like idk how nyc fab got so fugging clean with lex lol...

back to shazam... the only thing I noticed as far as his changes was his trait activation... now I can activate from mid screen and not get my ass stomped..... I still say nrs need to give him that black/superman trait activation speed.. I think shazam could do more out of his combo if that was possible...

but in all he is still ass against good zoners
Oh dont get me wrong, lex needs buffs, but then again, harley could of used some too, and well...

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Oh dont get me wrong, lex needs buffs, but then again, harley could of used some too, and well...
I play against the best harley xbl... She is more than good and he is in the top 10 in the world for rank...

I guess I just need to stop being a manic nutcase when I play lol...

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I think the only 3 buff Shazam needs now is to be Solid, even S tier

1.Give him more time on his Trait, atleast 2 Seconds cause soon as the Trait is activated how can you get A Ji3 when Opponent just know to block high and by the time to you execute your trait will run out Mid Combo, at least with 2 Seconds you might be able to get in 1 or 2 sneaky sweeps to mess with their head, in a balance nerf the time by an extra 3 seconds

(Or Once the combo is started with the trait on Even when the trait runs out you can still do Trait Damage in that Combo until you finish)

2.I think his Sweep is 10- on block, so i think this should be a slight bit safrer maybe -6, but i wouldn't argure with -7 or -8

3. Make his MB Projectile an Overhead OR give it more Chip, like Come on opponents can see it coming, so they can easily punish it,atleast if its an Overhead , you wont feel so bad wasting Meter on it

IMO These are the 3 things Shazam needs to be up there

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor

1.Give him more time on his Trait, atleast 2 Seconds cause soon as the Trait is activated how can you get A Ji3 when Opponent just know to block high and by the time to you execute your trait will run out Mid Combo, at least with 2 Seconds you might be able to get in 1 or 2 sneaky sweeps to mess with their head, in a balance nerf the time by an extra 3 seconds

(Or Once the combo is started with the trait on Even when the trait runs out you can still do Trait Damage in that Combo until you finish)

2.I think his Sweep is 10- on block, so i think this should be a slight bit safrer maybe -6, but i wouldn't argure with -7 or -8

3. Make his MB Projectile an Overhead OR give it more Chip, like Come on opponents can see it coming, so they can easily punish it,atleast if its an Overhead , you wont feel so bad wasting Meter on it

1. His trait lasts long enough. Only thing I would change is making it maybe 1 less frame of recovery, post patch. Its great that that its useful now, but every one else is broken, gimme broken.

2. A -6 sweep is insane. Not that i wont take that level of broken, that's just hella broken.

3. If you're doing MB lightning while your opponent is on the ground and capable of blocking, you're doing it wrong.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Right ill come to mutual agreement on 2 and 3 with ya, but i still stand on my no.1 you think its enough time, but Shazam needs it for big damage id prefer more Active time to be countered with more Recovery time

P.S. whats Batgirls D3 on Block?
1. His trait lasts long enough. Only thing I would change is making it maybe 1 less frame of recovery, post patch. Its great that that its useful now, but every one else is broken, gimme broken.

2. A -6 sweep is insane. Not that i wont take that level of broken, that's just hella broken.

3. If you're doing MB lightning while your opponent is on the ground and capable of blocking, you're doing it wrong.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
Something I've noticed due to the trait buff that I didn't notice before. When trying to activate trait within a midscreen combo you can only do it off of b3. The thing I've noticed is it's only possible if you hit the opponent while they are standing. If you do it while they are crouching it will not work due to the bounce back off the wall. I think that is silly.

Ravensbaine

Welcome to the Chaos Dimension
I want them to fix the fact that his trait doesn't affect his super and for buffs i just think he needs a couple
1. A little less start up on trait to make it more useful
2.Make Shazams Teleport projectile invincible during travel... this might just be a pet peeve with me but i hate the fact that he can get hit while he's not even there I mean he becomes electricity he shouldn't be able to get shot while hes a current of energy and it would help him get in on zoners.
3. Less start up on D2 to be a reliable anti air i really hate his D2 i honestly believe he has the worst anti air options in the game i really wish he had an anti air grab.

Shawi

Noob
Okay so you want the trait to last longer? No the duration is perfect. I think it needs to be cancellable like green lanterns, or fast like superman.

d3 at -11 is actually quite unsafe when you think about it. His whole game is based off of his sweep. I think -6 would be acceptable.

Forget about his AA. You do not need one.

The teleport is very very useless to get in on someone. Its only use is on wakeup or for set ups.

I am still of the opinion that AT should go through projectiles.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Okay so you want the trait to last longer? No the duration is perfect. I think it needs to be cancellable like green lanterns, or fast like superman.

d3 at -11 is actually quite unsafe when you think about it. His whole game is based off of his sweep. I think -6 would be acceptable.

Forget about his AA. You do not need one.

The teleport is very very useless to get in on someone. Its only use is on wakeup or for set ups.

I am still of the opinion that AT should go through projectiles.

His teleport wouldn't be useless if you could mb it for armor.

And i didn't say his sweep was good now, just that -6 is broken.

Do people not realize that when a character becomes top someone else moves down? If you want to play top tier characters then do it. Stop trying to make characters top that are not top. If you play Shazam, you know what you're getting into. When playing a favorite hero becomes your priority then you are not playing competitively anyway, so what is the difference?

Shawi

Noob
His teleport wouldn't be useless if you could mb it for armor.
Can I say that I COMPLETELY disagree. Shazam needs meter for EVERYTHING. To juggle he needs meter, for untechable knockdown he can MB the AT. For b3 and f3 you need meter. Now you want to add another tool that needs meter to be useful. I honestly think that adding a mb to the teleport will actually make him worse. He will not be able to pull off a combo or sustain any sort of pressure on the opponent. With no meter the opponent can be like "yeah, hit me, I'm not bothered, I'll take the risk".

Imagine vs DS, you use 2 mb teles to get in. You are now out of meter, he can take a gamble with a punishable move, and know that you can only punish with a HM (non mb).

I can't stress enough how bad I think a mb tele would be. Again, AT should go through projectiles on active frames. It already gets stuffed on startup by pretty much anything.

Shawi

Noob
Do people not realize that when a character becomes top someone else moves down? If you want to play top tier characters then do it. Stop trying to make characters top that are not top. If you play Shazam, you know what you're getting into. When playing a favorite hero becomes your priority then you are not playing competitively anyway, so what is the difference?
1. Nobody else moves down. Its not a "i go up the ladder and pull you down", its simple "i go up the ladder and you stay where you are". The other characters remain the same. I think this is about trying to level the playing field.

2. You can play competitively with a character like Shazam. EGP_Wonderchef played shazam at WNF.

1. Nobody else moves down. Its not a "i go up the ladder and pull you down", its simple "i go up the ladder and you stay where you are". The other characters remain the same. I think this is about trying to level the playing field.

2. You can play competitively with a character like Shazam. EGP_Wonderchef played shazam at WNF.

1. "Top ten" is a phrase for a reason. If every character had a developed match up chart then there would be a number placement for all based on that. When a character gets buffs, match ups change, they move up, others who beat them easily lose match up points and move down.

2. Oh really? So why do you want buffs?

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Can I say that I COMPLETELY disagree. Shazam needs meter for EVERYTHING. To juggle he needs meter, for untechable knockdown he can MB the AT. For b3 and f3 you need meter. Now you want to add another tool that needs meter to be useful. I honestly think that adding a mb to the teleport will actually make him worse. He will not be able to pull off a combo or sustain any sort of pressure on the opponent. With no meter the opponent can be like "yeah, hit me, I'm not bothered, I'll take the risk".

Imagine vs DS, you use 2 mb teles to get in. You are now out of meter, he can take a gamble with a punishable move, and know that you can only punish with a HM (non mb).

I can't stress enough how bad I think a mb tele would be. Again, AT should go through projectiles on active frames. It already gets stuffed on startup by pretty much anything.

We're trying to make him viable, not broken beyond belief.

Deciding if or not you want to use the meter to get in, or once you get in, is the whole point. Shazam can do just fine on 28% here and there, as long as his mobility is gdlk. Trading one for the other is FG 101. The only difference in this game is the top tier characters have massive amounts of both. Air dashes, armor, homing attacks. DD does super shit damage, but he does super shit damage as often as he wants because trait and yolo.

MB tele = OP Shazam.

Levaranoia

War God

His mb projectile is an overhead and it does like 6 percent chip