What's new

General/Other Shazam buffs we want.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I use 3 a lot in footsies never tested any of this in training mode, but I'm pretty sure you get a torpedo or HM mixup on block or hit.
I always use D3 to start combo's. You can cross over real easy into F22 HM combo usually.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
He needs no buffs, or very little (i think a safer sweep would be perfect) I think he is quite good tbh. Also the ex torpedo hit confirm is one of the most important pieces of his game. Gives a free HM mixup.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
He needs no buffs, I think he is quite good tbh. Also the ex torpedo hit confirm is one of the most important pieces of his game. Gives a free HM mixup.
Yeah it's so useful that Hit confirm but with no armour on the AT it's so easily repelled, this isn't a big thing for me though because I use it wisely.

The teleport and having an AA is the big change he needs, he's let's say less than useful at full screen...

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Yeah it's so useful that Hit confirm but with no armour on the AT it's so easily repelled, this isn't a big thing for me though because I use it wisely.

The teleport and having an AA is the big change he needs, he's let's say less than useful at full screen...
I edited to say little buffs after reconsidering. And throwing out random torpedoes isnt really the way to go. I would say maybe a better aa, and safer sweep. His teleport is fine.

Mojo

Noob
They need to either give his teleport invincible start up all the time or not make it punishable. I've never played any other fighting game with a teleport like this. I have to always time it right with the possibility of still getting blown up? Maybe if Black adam didn't have a full screen dive kick I wouldn't mind.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
A lot of the stuff I agree with.

I'd love to see d1xxHM combo on hit, f1 hit mid, a decent AA, d3 relateively safe, and a "Shazam!" when HM hits. A "Shazam!" when he does a normal throw would be nice as well, just like in MKvsDC.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Introduced myself to Shazam yesterday, and I am really liking him. His full range game would benefit from a much quicker start up on his Bolt projectile. If that thing was much faster he'd be in business.

I use 3 a lot in footsies never tested any of this in training mode, but I'm pretty sure you get a torpedo or HM mixup on block or hit.

How do you poke with that crap move? It starts-up so slow and being a 3, it probably has high blockstun and you can't HM it for mix-ups.

EDIT: Yeap, I was right. Your opponent reels back far from you and you can't immediately grab during the blockstun (or at least HM him right at the first frames available)

Mojo

Noob
How do you poke with that crap move? It starts-up so slow and being a 3, it probably has high blockstun and you can't HM it for mix-ups.

EDIT: Yeap, I was right. Your opponent reels back far from you and you can't immediately grab during the blockstun (or at least HM him right at the first frames available)
Like I said I've never really tested that stuff in training mode, but now I have. On block maybe it's not the best Idea to go for anything but on hit you do get a mix up. You're not supposed to cancel it like you were going for a 22 mix up you're supposed to hit confirm it. Also a lot of characters have worse 3s than shazam so his doesn't seem all that bad to me.

Shawi

Noob
1. I think HMmb b3 ji2 f223 AC should combo nicely and be about 38% - That is normalised damage I'd say.
2. His trait should be fast like Superman or Cancellable like GL - GL's special properties change, superman beats armour while both get a damage boost. Shazam's is a more significant damage boost but only impacts fists AND is STILL imo hella slow.
3. AT NEEEEEEEEEDS to go through projectiles while it is in active frames - this is his way in especially as his teleport is so atrocious (except on wakeup - thanks NRS, even though the wakeup timing in this game is a joke but that is another thing entirely).
4. Remove the holes in the 22 string, it should be a straight up 50:50 mixup - No back dashing, No jailing - simple.
5. Forget his AA, he doesn't need one if he gets the above buffs.

Bobbss_Cl

Fruitality
1. I think HMmb b3 ji2 f223 AC should combo nicely and be about 38% - That is normalised damage I'd say.
2. His trait should be fast like Superman or Cancellable like GL - GL's special properties change, superman beats armour while both get a damage boost. Shazam's is a more significant damage boost but only impacts fists AND is STILL imo hella slow.
3. AT NEEEEEEEEEDS to go through projectiles while it is in active frames - this is his way in especially as his teleport is so atrocious (except on wakeup - thanks NRS, even though the wakeup timing in this game is a joke but that is another thing entirely).
4. Remove the holes in the 22 string, it should be a straight up 50:50 mixup - No back dashing, No jailing - simple.
5. Forget his AA, he doesn't need one if he gets the above buffs.
The only thing I agree with is his AT to have one or perhaps two hits of armour, other than that, he's absolutely fine. We're just picking into things now that would just blow him up. His teleport is fine, you just need to be able to read them, his AA/A2A is amazing with his j2, his 33/33/33 game is abit difficult, but once you catch them, they're yours, so no buff to his 22 is needed. I main Shazam and have no trouble fighting anybody, no matter what their game is, but armour on his AT would be beneficial

Shawi

Noob
The only thing I agree with is his AT to have one or perhaps two hits of armour, other than that, he's absolutely fine. We're just picking into things now that would just blow him up. His teleport is fine, you just need to be able to read them, his AA/A2A is amazing with his j2, his 33/33/33 game is abit difficult, but once you catch them, they're yours, so no buff to his 22 is needed. I main Shazam and have no trouble fighting anybody, no matter what their game is, but armour on his AT would be beneficial
Pfffffffffffffffff. Good luck fighting Sinestro, Raven, Deathstroke, Batman, Superman or any other characters that has a good zoning game.

Teleport is fine? No, its pants apart from on wakeup.
33:33:33 is okay? His whole game is based on that 22 mixup: it NEEDS to be a straight up 50:50. If he had any sort of pressure strings apart from 22, then 33:33:33 MAY be acceptable but he doesn't.

AT is perfect in terms of mb on hit to grant an untechable knockdown - just make it go through projectiles.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
His teleport is fine, you just need to be able to read them,
Please get out, How much time have you spent as a Shazam player?
The biggest example of the teleport being useless is the DS matchup, he can't tele any projectiles, you can't read those guns it will always hit.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Giving his torpedo projectile inv or armor would be too op. Instead they should buff it to be about as fast as flash's headbutt so has a threat against zoning once he blocks a projectile.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Giving his torpedo projectile inv or armor would be too op. Instead they should buff it to be about as fast as flash's headbutt so has a threat against zoning once he blocks a projectile.
That would probably be a better buff overall.

Shawi

Noob
That would probably be a better buff overall.
He still wouldn't stand a chance against Sinestro or DS at full screen. And do you know what I hate!!!! When I frickin' spend a whole health bar trying to get in on my opponent just to finish off a little bit of their heath and then BAM! they bounce to the other side of the frickin screen!!!! I worked hard for my positioning NRS - I expect to keep it after the round like MK.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
He still wouldn't stand a chance against Sinestro or DS at full screen. And do you know what I hate!!!! When I frickin' spend a whole health bar trying to get in on my opponent just to finish off a little bit of their heath and then BAM! they bounce to the other side of the frickin screen!!!! I worked hard for my positioning NRS - I expect to keep it after the round like MK.
I agree, something needs a buff one way or another, I've just been playing online and majority of people just want to zone me because when I'm in I deal damage and they know they can't handle it, that's what shazam is built for, but NRS forgot to compensate for the fact that we're potatoes at full screen or even a few dash spaces away.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
lbsh.. Shazam needs to put in work to get in from full screen, otherwise he would be as braindead as Superman. Faster Torpedo so he has a punish for zoning once in range is all he needs to compete vs everyone. A safe d3 would be nice as well.

Mojo

Noob
lbsh.. Shazam needs to put in work to get in from full screen, otherwise he would be as braindead as Superman. Faster Torpedo so he has a punish for zoning once in range is all he needs to compete vs everyone. A safe d3 would be nice as well.
Why shouldn't he be as brain dead as superman? I have to keep it real with this game right now if you're not going to get rid of characters like superman's dumb shit you might as well give it to everyone else.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Why shouldn't he be as brain dead as superman? I have to keep it real with this game right now if you're not going to get rid of characters like superman's dumb shit you might as well give it to everyone else.
I guess... buttt ahhh See Shazam is probably one of the most fun characters to play, by making he stupidly simple would that just take the fun out of things?
I mean this IS still a game after all, it's Entertainment first, Competitive scene second really.
He only needs some minor buffs to help him get in and Punish.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Bc I don't see superman staying the way he is. And making shazam braindead would mean everyone would play him.. I dont like that lol. Reasonable buff is all I ask for so he is competative with everyone in the cast.