What's new

General/Other Shazam buffs we want.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Here's what most people think Shazam needs to make him well rounded.

- A decent AA.​
- His teleport should have quicker start up frames & not able to be interrupted.​
- AT Needs armour. (Possibly change the MB from a Hit confirm to when activated to initiate armour).​
I don't think this is much to make him well rounded, he's already amazing in every other field but he sucks at long range so if NRS decided his projectile would be terrible at least gives us a better way in.

If there's anything else you think he deserves post it bellow.
dicuss your thoughts on these buffs.​

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Get out of here Black Adam!
I would defeat you again in battle if it weren't for the fact that NRS neglected the fact Shazam can't do anything with half his tools.
Atleast they realise he needs buffs, maybe they will put in some buffs that will actually help his core gameplay in one of the next patches that will happen for each dlc character

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Atleast they realise he needs buffs, maybe they will put in some buffs that will actually help his core gameplay in one of the next patches that will happen for each dlc character
Yeah hopefully they will, the latest buffs have improved his Up close pressure so much which is amazing, But he still is a fish out of water at full screen, I just hope something's done to further this help, I believe these are the only buffs he needs, If his teleport is good enough an amoured AT isn't even that needed.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly imo, you guys should be projectile immune with AT while your trait is up.
That's just me though.

DuskAlloy

If I had just gotten a huge set of buffs, I wouldn't make a thread asking for more buffs.
I would take my buffs and conquer!
Shazam's new buffs arent enough to put him on S tier along side another certain character who shouts shazam lol, and didnt everyone agree that buffing lower characters until they were top was the best solution

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
If I had just gotten a huge set of buffs, I wouldn't make a thread asking for more buffs.
I would take my buffs and conquer!
The buffs we got weren't that significant, the best was our trait buff which was just stupidly slow in the first place, we don't all play broken characters.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
His teleport is definitely good enough as is. It's an amazing anti zoning tool and a great wakeup.

He could use a better AA for sure. His d2 has a decent hitbox, just maybe make it faster.

B2 needs to not whiff on crouchers. That just makes no sense.

22 is still a string that has too many holes in it. There shouldn't be a gap in between the first two hits, and you shouldn't be able to backdash/interrupt followup specials since they're all unsafe anyway.

Those are my for sure buffs. My personal want buffs:

Sweep safe on block or like -6. Wonder Woman has it and it's way more integral to his game.

Faster projectile, maybe more use for his MB projectile. This would make terrible matchups where you lose the inside game (like Grundy and Supes) a lot more manageable.

More comboability off of his standing 1. Right now his fastest punish combos are D1 xx Torpedo or 112 xx Torpedo, both of which are extremely low damage. His next fastest punisher is standing 2 which nets him relatively low damage too (maximum low 30%s for a bar) and after that he doesn't have much.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
The buffs we got weren't that significant, the best was our trait buff which was just stupidly slow in the first place, we don't all play broken characters.
To be be fair you do play a broken Character but not the good kind of broken.

I support Shazzam buffs he is a lot of fun and if nrs continues to slowly buff him I think he will be very good for the people who have dedicated the time!!!

MrAvA

Smashing.
I wish he had a better walk speed and the ability to call down lightning that tracks. I don't get how BA can call small clouds of lighting on you for no reason but hey magic is magic and only wish the good guy had some too.

DuskAlloy

Yeah you might be right.

I wish the 2nd 2 didn't jail you into standing, but you couldn't backdash it. Make it a purely high/low guess.
Tbh that is the main reason im not playing as shazam right now, if his 22 were and actual 50/50 I would make captain marvel my other secondary

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
That has got to be an exaggeration lol. There's just no way
Seriously! He's very bad considering.

I mean what advantage does he have over other grapplers?

Lobo has the same setups but way better, because his combos do full damage and end in a 50/50 throw setup where Shazam's need to lose a lot to go back to that situation. He also has better throw traps on block.

Grundy's command throws also work on knockdown/block and deal as much meterless as Shazam's do with meter.

Frost has the same command throw setup on knockdown (223 > Dash > DBF2) and she gets insane damage for it.

It isn't like his normals or zoning are any better either. His normals are all short, unsafe, or super slow. His zoning is a joke in 90% of matchups.

Low damage, bad normals, inferior mixups, bad AA, VERY meter dependent, weak damage off of fast punishers, weak zoning, etc.

All he can do is get a knockdown and keep 50/50ing them (assuming he has meter) and other characters do that way better.

DuskAlloy

EGP Wonder_Chef okay, I can see some of his problems now, but I really don't think that qualifies him for bottom 3 or 4 lol.
You have to realise, most characters have atleast dumb shit in this game like tom brady said, but when a character in this game have average to decent options, it is going to make him bottom 5
Edit: wrote decent instead of dumb in first part