What's new

Guide Shazam BnBs may 2013

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
is it widely known that d2 on block gives a free HM or AC like 22? I found this out a few weeks ago when I went into training mode and attempted every normal on block to see which ones gave you free command grab attempts. only 22, d2, and d1 work. if your opponent blocks a a d1 and stand up for whateer reason it gives you a free HM, and im sure people have been using d1~AC on crouching opponents

SZSR

Noob
For the first one, try ending that with dash under 1,2, f3 or 1, 1, 2 torpedo instead of j2, 2, HM. Traitless it does less than 46% but with trait it does about 50%. You can also end it with 1, 2, HM for 51%.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Also if you don't have trait this corner setup works wonders and catches lots of people of guard

f223, 112, 112, 112~trait then immediately MB f3

I've discovered that a lot of people try and wakeups attack to try and punish trait activation

Follow up combo is j3, 112,112,112~AC I think it does 67%. Not too sure I'll have to go into practice

mode and make sure

Shazam's corners are all about overhead (f3, f12, b2, ji3) so what is the best corner combo 1 meter I can get from d1, AC ?

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM

Shazam's corners are all about overhead (f3, f12, b2, ji3) so what is the best corner combo 1 meter I can get from d1, AC ?
Well MG AC will throw you into the corner so it would just be

d1~AC, f223~HM

If you don't want to combo off an overhead when your opponent in the corner you can just do

f22~HM or 22~HM or raw HM, dash under, 112,112, 112~AC

zoofs

bless
i can never get the HM after the f223 consistently, what am i doing wrong? i can get it after almost every other string that works, and i know the trick of doing the db then forward + 1

SaJa

FH_FenriR
i can never get the HM after the f223 consistently, what am i doing wrong? i can get it after almost every other string that works, and i know the trick of doing the db then forward + 1
There is no secret, no trick, nothing. Just practice it offline/online until it's ok. Once you won't drop it anymore you will do not know why you were dropping it before because your execution wouldn't have changed, but still. lol

is it widely known that d2 on block gives a free HM or AC like 22? I found this out a few weeks ago when I went into training mode and attempted every normal on block to see which ones gave you free command grab attempts. only 22, d2, and d1 work. if your opponent blocks a a d1 and stand up for whateer reason it gives you a free HM, and im sure people have been using d1~AC on crouching opponents

for those who don't know, his jump 1 also gives you a free command grab on block. haven't seen a lot of people using this, so it MIGHT be new... we all know how crap his j1 is though so you HAVE to set it up. One way I figured is to do this after the bnb, 22 hm mb, b3, j3, d3 -- dash in twice - j1, hm.. etc, etc.

i'd assume this would only work on opponents that don't wake up atk often.

also, d2 hm on block is really good. i always used j2, 22, hm on block or on hit.. but now i just go with j2, d2, hm as i feel it's a lot safer, though you have to make sure your opponent's blocking otherwise you drop the combo.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
for those who don't know, his jump 1 also gives you a free command grab on block. haven't seen a lot of people using this, so it MIGHT be new... we all know how crap his j1 is though so you HAVE to set it up. One way I figured is to do this after the bnb, 22 hm mb, b3, j3, d3 -- dash in twice - j1, hm.. etc, etc.

i'd assume this would only work on opponents that don't wake up atk often.

also, d2 hm on block is really good. i always used j2, 22, hm on block or on hit.. but now i just go with j2, d2, hm as i feel it's a lot safer, though you have to make sure your opponent's blocking otherwise you drop the combo.
can they d1 or duck j1-hm? good find though.

I don't think j1 is that bad, I use it a lot when close and if they will just block - but I do 112 after.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
j1 is really good for neutral jumps. it has a pretty long active frames, it can hit Grundy crouching (who has a small crouching hotbox) at the peak of shazams jump arc

Benzo

Vic Stone
Good shit you guys, glad I took the time to read over this thread. Starting from the ground up with Billy. Trying to get a good understanding about him pre patch.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Not really - it's written this way specifically to mention that there's no cancel. I admit not mentioning there's a reset is disingenuous but still.

Anyway, what's the preferred ender into AC after b3 j3? I read 2 AC but honestly that feels a mite bit weak.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Not really - it's written this way specifically to mention that there's no cancel. I admit not mentioning there's a reset is disingenuous but still.

Anyway, what's the preferred ender into AC after b3 j3? I read 2 AC but honestly that feels a mite bit weak.

if its after HM*mb - hit the j3 at jump peak then f223 - AC = 35%

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM

If you start with f22~HM or a naked HM, you can do b3, j2, f223~AC. It's timing is a bit tricky so I don't do it online much, but you have to make sure the f223 is being hit at the lowest possible level. So you have to wait a second after j2 to input the f223. I'm actually not sure if this works with j3, I haven't tried it yet

EDIT looks like my question was answered :p

f1~AC also works

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Yeah, I guess that's why it doesn't work for me - I got used to hitting it low for an easier time with f223 HM. I'll try that out, thanks.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Don't know if anybody else has said this, I figure I might just be the dumbest one out there in terms of labbing and stuff though, so maybe they haven't. If you're in the corner with super and trait, you can do 112 super for 50%. Not practical or anything, just in case anyone is in such a circumstantial bind that this might come up

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
omg, all the times you've called me Gen Furry and now I see you with the furry avatar and Paw <.<

But, looking forward to his new damage and combo opportunities!

omg, all the times you've called me Gen Furry and now I see you with the furry avatar and Paw <.<

But, looking forward to his new damage and combo opportunities!

You know I dont expect any real new combo opportunities or different damaging combo sequences. B23 probably wont be this cool extra pop up to do mid combo.
actually the HM might connect when you catch someone jumping with 22HM, that would be nice