What's new

Tech Shazam 99% Corner Setup Combo.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
So clearly as you can see from ji3 with your trait on you can get 58% (and 43% without) so to get the max damage from this combo it's very situational that you would have your trait up and manage to land a ji3 in the corner, however even without trait you're doing 84% damage.​
The Idea behind this is to reset using ji3 beating their wakeup (Unless it's invincible) I have no tested all wake ups but only supermans flying punch at this time during the video, and you can jump in and beat the wake up and reset into another combo!​

Okay to address the comments, you're right this isn't a guaranteed reset, but it beats alot of wake ups, as for AA wake ups some can be beat using B23 instead of ji3.​

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As much as I hate to say it, Darkpage is right and the title should be changed to 99% corner reset or something to that nature.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Changed title.

EDIT: This shit isn't even a reset... lol
What would you call it? Beats non-invuln wake-ups and goes back into the corner while still getting somewhat optimized damage.
Reset is the only word that really comes to mind.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Wouldn't beat AA throws...
Beats Bane's AA throw, and Grundy's if they do it as a wake-up. DDs is questionable.

The throws happen too fast and have a very generous chance of whiffing entirely. I know Bane's doesn't work because its absolute shiet.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
What would you call it? Beats non-invuln wake-ups and goes back into the corner while still getting somewhat optimized damage.
Reset is the only word that really comes to mind.
it's just a mixup on their wakeup that can be avoided. Nothing close to a reset at all. And it's not even a mixup on their wake up that is hard to see and block.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
it's just a mixup on their wakeup that can be avoided. Nothing close to a reset at all. And it's not even a mixup on their wake up that is hard to see and block.
I dunno, I mean if you block it you still get command grabbed, honestly. Sooo...
You kinda proved the point xD Obviously your reaction is block.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Tick Throw, and a mix-up to boot because if he goes into pretty much any standing string it will.
j.3 -> 112 jails if buffered correctly
you cant buffer any moves off of any char j3. You can only use the adv off of some to do frame traps. In th case of shazam after the j3 I believe due to the distance it creates only a 3 is guaranteed which is good, but sadly you cant cmbo off of a 3 with shazam :(.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
you cant buffer any moves off of any char j3. You can only use the adv off of some to do frame traps. In th case of shazam after the j3 I believe due to the distance it creates only a 3 is guaranteed which is good, but sadly you cant cmbo off of a 3 with shazam :(.
You can do 3xxtrait then HM (Of course in this case you've already used it, however you can follow up with HM after 3)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane can link standing 1 after j.3 and j.d.3 and it jails standing with the proper buffer.