What's new

Shao Kahn is confirmed to be a Story related character by Shaun!

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
lol fair enough. Shao Kahn gave up his immortality and godhood to conquer realms. Getting beat by Raiden isn’t bitch. Shinnok the immortal elder god getting beat by body suit Barbie is bitch made.
No but getting the shit beat out of you by Liu Kang twice, your former sorcerer/advisor and his new bald bf, Onaga, AND Raiden definitely qualifies him as ineffectual and being an idiot. And IIRC Sindel fucked him up too in the original MK3 timeline, even if she didn't kill him.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
No but getting the shit beat out of you by Liu Kang twice, your former sorcerer/advisor and his new bald bf, Onaga, AND Raiden definitely qualifies him as ineffectual and being an idiot. And IIRC Sindel fucked him up too in the original MK3 timeline, even if she didn't kill him.
He took Outworld from Onaga, he poisoned him like a bitch though so I will give you that. Getting beat by the two most powerful sorcerers in the realms isn’t bitch. Getting beat by Liu Kang isn’t bitch imo but I like Liu Kang as the classic good guy underdog.

Maybe Shao Kahn is a real man and doesn’t beat his wife.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The interview is pretty great and has me pretty hype about the hinted at new and crazy stuff they gonna do with the game in terms of content.

Maybe the "Kombat Pack 0" Ed was thinking about during MKX and Injustice 2 is gonna be a thing for this game.
What’s that about? Never heard about that and am genuinely curious.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
@Eldriken Can you do me a solid and just fix the title to read "....character by shaun"? I don't have the power to edit other people's titles and this is probably something imma throw up before I call it quits for the day

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Outstanding. I can not wait for him wreak havoc. Kick ass and verbally abuse and taunt his way back into power that was his in the first place.

The smack talk is going to be legendary.

Excellent.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Okay, so I had a theory that Kronika is going to merge with Onaga... I think it will happen now, and they are basically going to convince/trick a past Shao Kahn to fight her. He succeeds, but this means that 1) Shao Kahn is back, and 2) Because he defeated a merged Onaga, he slightly merges with him instead (not fully, though). This explains his weird dragon arm.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
What’s that about? Never heard about that and am genuinely curious.
A pack that contains characters that couldnt make it from last game into the new game.

He even listed characters like Manhunter, Batgirl and Zod that were already DLC and with his philosophy of "dont want people pay for a the same character as DLC twice" i guess it would be maybe free.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1032085819375411200

"You can't just mash it (the Fatal Blow)"
• Automatically activates whenever a player is at 30% HP
• No command input execution (LT+RT)
• Recharges in "three or four seconds"
• Not invincible on start-up... for the "first few frames"

Hmm... I think you'll find that... err... How should I put it... uh... As they say in french: IT'LL-BE-MASHABLE
---

As for Kahn being a part of the story: In my mind, it was a given that Kahn would be 're-instated' (either by force, or by the whim of the 'Kronika clique') as Outworld boss / lead antagonist. The 'scales' aesthetic design is likely a set-up for some "dragon lord" / Onaga interplay or amalgam -- i.e., subtext for XMKII (...?). >pleasantly unsurprised

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Yikes...

OP I disagree with you, I don't think Shaun confirmed it at all.

If you look at his posture, his flaky answers to the two previous lore-related questions, and how long he takes to figure out what he wants to say here, I think he either can't remember, or doesn't know, or isn't sure that he should reveal that information tonight. He doesn't say "Shao Kahn is a part of the story mode," he says "That's a part of the story mode that I can't talk about." That is 100% non-committal dev speak.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Not having Shao Kahn in the story seems like it would be a bit of a weird decision to me. How big of a missed opportunity that'd be to have the timeline fold in on itself and not have one of the Big Bads make an appearance. We could be getting Shang Tsung, Jade, Noob but not Shao Kahn?

Idk, I think they might have him make a surprise cameo. At least I hope so.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Not having Shao Kahn in the story seems like it would be a bit of a weird decision to me. How big of a missed opportunity that'd be to have the timeline fold in on itself and not have one of the Big Bads make an appearance.
It would be a huge missed opportunity.

One of Baraka's rarest outfits is named "New Prince of Outworld" which made me think there might be an alternate MK timeline where he's Shao Kahn's right hand man? And that timeline might be one of the ones that gets merged with the main one in MK11? That would be pretty sick.

I certainly hope it happens, and I think it's a reasonable guess that it could happen. I just don't see it as confirmed and I don't want people getting their hopes up too much.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Yikes...

If you look at his posture, his flaky answers to the two previous lore-related questions, and how long he takes to figure out what he wants to say here, I think he either can't remember, or doesn't know, or isn't sure that he should reveal that information tonight. He doesn't say "Shao Kahn is a part of the story mode," he says "That's a part of the story mode that I can't talk about." That is 100% non-committal dev speak.
Agreed. It seems very few members on TYM know what confirmed means. Bunch of simpletons in this town...

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
Yikes...

I'm surprised it took someone so long to mention this.