What's new

Shang Tsung Sucks

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Bruah, we are off-toping, but what the hell: man I play Mk11 and my Ego, that had so much love for the past two titles just cries out loud. I played Shang, CSZ, Kabal, Skarlet, even Scorpion in MK9. In MKX I mainly played, and still play KL HT and Kano Cybernetic. To me, I am board of the castration MK11 cast went through. When I go back with friends, we lived the game. The game was such a huge part of our life's, because it brought so much passion to it. We play locally MK11 and I still play MKX. In fact, on Dec 14th I am playing 150$ USD Ft10 MM. We are organizing it in a gaming pub, there will be MK11, but the hype is for MKX, still.
Those Cybernetic Kano corner combos, though....

He was so fun in MKX.

No I haven't. I'm on xbox
I know what I'm talking about too lol
Doesn’t sound like it)))
LOL you're going to have to think a little bit outside box to realize what Mix-Ups I'm talking about
F2 is -3
But you sure as hell aren't going to react in 3 frames
So F2 if you know they're going to block the low stop the string and go with B2112 which is only -9 frames and puts you damn near Mid screen then next time go b2, slide, followed by B1D2 for KB
Every 50/50 in this game is death if you commit.
If you're on Xbox hit me up
First of all f2is -3 on block , you can stagger it into a poke or a throw/114 auto shimmy, but b2 is 15 frames of start up. This makes it 18 frames to react to the fact that you staggered the f2, this is getting interrupted every time on reaction by a competent player. Even if it catches someone of guard first time
B2112/b2xxslide isn’t a mix up, there is a 5 frame difference between the start ups. The risk reward here sucks as well: you get 99.75 damage if they don’t block the second hit in b2112, and you get full combo punished. Yes, that is right b2112 isn’t -9 on block if you know that you can neutral duck the last hit:

If they don’t block the slide you get 119.73 for a bar. And opponent’s reward is a full combo again.

B1d2/b1xxslide is almost a true mix since difference between the overhead and the low is only 2 frames. I don’t think it is fuzziable online. So yeah it is a good mix up, and once per match you will get a good reward for the overhead KB hitting, and the overhead itself is -6 on block.
But again, staggering f2 into a 14 frame b1 is super reactable for a good player. Using this mix after pokes on hit, or after opponents respect your plus frames of f242 and f4, or even in oki from time to time is a decent strategy.
Like I said these are mediocre tools compared to other characters. Shake is probably his best asset, and even that is too slow to react to some projectiles, or outright doesn’t work on some of those that get parried by other projectile parries.

And by the way, ArmKratos is probably the best Shang player in the world right now. He is from my country, and we share a lot of tech. I am just not nearly as good in terms of reactions and composure. But you will have a chance to see him in action at NEC.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Doesn’t sound like it)))

First of all f2is -3 on block , you can stagger it into a poke or a throw/114 auto shimmy, but b2 is 15 frames of start up. This makes it 18 frames to react to the fact that you staggered the f2, this is getting interrupted every time on reaction by a competent player. Even if it catches someone of guard first time
B2112/b2xxslide isn’t a mix up, there is a 5 frame difference between the start ups. The risk reward here sucks as well: you get 99.75 damage if they don’t block the second hit in b2112, and you get full combo punished. Yes, that is right b2112 isn’t -9 on block if you know that you can neutral duck the last hit:

If they don’t block the slide you get 119.73 for a bar. And opponent’s reward is a full combo again.

B1d2/b1xxslide is almost a true mix since difference between the overhead and the low is only 2 frames. I don’t think it is fuzziable online. So yeah it is a good mix up, and once per match you will get a good reward for the overhead KB hitting, and the overhead itself is -6 on block.
But again, staggering f2 into a 14 frame b1 is super reactable for a good player. Using this mix after pokes on hit, or after opponents respect your plus frames of f242 and f4, or even in oki from time to time is a decent strategy.
Like I said these are mediocre tools compared to other characters. Shake is probably his best asset, and even that is too slow to react to some projectiles, or outright doesn’t work on some of those that get parried by other projectile parries.

And by the way, ArmKratos is probably the best Shang player in the world right now. He is from my country, and we share a lot of tech. I am just not nearly as good in terms of reactions and composure. But you will have a chance to see him in action at NEC.
Best in the world is a bold claim lol

Last edited:
Best in the world is a bold claim lol
I agree) but it is probably true in this case. I haven’t seen any player do things he does with the character. He implements a lot of tech I come up with, better than I can) And he beats a lot of big EU names very often. Ketchup and Mustard were hyping him up like crazy before the Brazilian Game Show, but he didn’t make it there in time for his pool. He is from Russia like I am that is why you don’t see him often. But he just got the visa so he will be at NEC.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
I agree) but it is probably true in this case. I haven’t seen any player do things he does with the character. He implements a lot of tech I come up with, better than I can) And he beats a lot of big EU names very often. Ketchup and Mustard were hyping him up like crazy before the Brazilian Game Show, but he didn’t make it there in time for his pool. He is from Russia like I am that is why you don’t see him often. But he just got the visa so he will be at NEC.
I'm not dismissing your claim I'm just saying until I can see him in actual gameplay I can't really believe any hype it's no knock against the dude's skill I'm just not familiar with him that's just the case

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
This shang made the downplayers look real slow LMFAO. This dude is a complete beast!