What's new

Shang Tsung Match Video & Critique Thread

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I would say you should stop rolling after kabal breaks. You're just making it harder for yourself to get back in.

Also, you need to respect his advantage after he hits you with an air fireball. I saw you would keep getting hit full-screen because you were trying to do something. You need to duck the next fireball if you get hit by one.

astronout

see you at the top.
I would say you should stop rolling after kabal breaks. You're just making it harder for yourself to get back in.

Also, you need to respect his advantage after he hits you with an air fireball. I saw you would keep getting hit full-screen because you were trying to do something. You need to duck the next fireball if you get hit by one.
totally agree with everything you said. i just start to play dumb when im getting outzoned. need to be smarter about that...

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
Well i just watched the first 15 mins of ur last video and i just have a couple of things to say.
1. U need to work on hit confirming ur d3s before going into f4 pressure or any pressure at that. There is no use in doing 3 d3s in a row after u hit the first one and he blocks the next 3. U got away with sometimes with him blocking the d3 and u getting the f4 to hit maybe cause he was trying to do a string to beat out ur string. If u see someone sitting there waiting for u to poke like he was doing alot of, use d4 and cancel it with SS or gs if u want to do pokes or just do f4 while he is sitting there. I have been guilty of this stuff before but am trying to work it out my system.
2. Work on counterpoking with pokes or ur own string(f4) after blocked d1 and d3. It's not hard for the counterpoking part but doing the counter strings will take some practice. I learned this from showtime in houston a couple of weeks ago.

Very solid play tho.

astronout

see you at the top.
2. Work on counterpoking with pokes or ur own string(f4) after blocked d1 and d3. It's not hard for the counterpoking part but doing the counter strings will take some practice. I learned this from showtime in houston a couple of weeks ago.

Very solid play tho.
thanks man. your second point is what im trying to work on the most. consistently counter-poking and hit confirming pokes will take my game to another level. just need more practice.

NKZero

Noob
astronout good shit man. Just a few things though:

1) double D3. you always did that even if you had secured up to +10 advantage off the first D3. You lost your advantage and either got counter-poked or F4 punished.
2) probably nervous which meant some stuff wasn't coming out and you weren't getting the right punishes
3) more straight skull to negate Kabal's zoning. I've seen you use it so well in other Kabal matches but you didn't use it much here.

Awesome combo though where you started with Kabal and then back to Shang and soul steal to Kabal. :)

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
Vs kabal just keep shooting forward balls, half the time he'll trick himself out and get hit very often. block if he's about to get up and has 1 or more bars to stop his super dash. Don't ever jump unless he's down... that's about it. when he does that stupid looking knee, block it, then punish with F4,3,4 + craploads of ground skulls. I only gotta nail him 2 or 3 times + a few fireballs and he's done. keep it simple.

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
good tsung work vs aquaman's rain. Your approach is different than mine a little though, just more erratic i guess. I like to stay nimble, I walk back quite a bit and do a F4,3,4 backwards when rain teleports, gets em every time. I do the same thing with the up skulls though, works great to stop fast advancers.

I like to call it my insurance chip :) it's negated the need to ever use a breaker.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
astronout well done against all the Kaballin' going on.

It's really hard to get your rhythm going against a character you play against so often sometimes because you get used to how another player plays them in particular. But your training with Lulzlou has shown from these videos compared to your last ones, massive improvement. I would say that now you're more comfortable with that MU that you should take more risks against Kabal when he doesn't have meter. You let Ermacio get up for free with a regular dash cancel nearly every time because you respected the wake up too much. Also you ate a lot of dash cancel shit, perhaps you were waiting for something that Lulzlou would normally do. Starting doing the b1 string to interrupt Kabal's pressure and then he'll start having committing to more dashes or mixups or else he's gonna get combo'd. It starts to open up for them at that point.