What's new

Shang Tsung Kombos

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Holy mechanics! Ok... let's go to practice mode again :D
Any tip for this insane morph?
Queue everything up before doing the form change.

If you want F43 Old DF1 then just do F43>DF1. Do Form Change right as the 3 comes out. That's how I do all my morphs.
If you dont feel like timing the first 4 then just do a micro backdash after the first DF1 so you can frame kill.
You just want them as high as possible instead of at a specific height like the triple 4 route.
Edit: I feel I can make it 40% if I can get another F43 after the final loop.

SixPathsOfHate

I dont think that combo is easier to do since it requires peak height. Most of the Shang players who've played in tournaments dont do it because it's too hard. The only thing you have to do for [Y]F43 is frame kill a bit at the start. I do a small backdash...

It also does SLIGHTLY less damage than this one.

Young F43 adds a bit more damage than just raw 4 and can be tossed into any situation where you would use 4 DF1 to convert. With higher gravity, it becomes very easy to do. I'm sure I can crack meterless 40% but I think more people should be looking at form changing mid combo more.

G82Boost

I Play Raiden
I dont think that combo is easier to do since it requires peak height. Most of the Shang players who've played in tournaments dont do it because it's too hard. The only thing you have to do for [Y]F43 is frame kill a bit at the start. I do a small backdash...

It also does SLIGHTLY less damage than this one.

Young F43 adds a bit more damage than just raw 4 and can be tossed into any situation where you would use 4 DF1 to convert. With higher gravity, it becomes very easy to do. I'm sure I can crack meterless 40% but I think more people should be looking at form changing mid combo more.
never said it was easier to do and i do it consistently with no issue

SixPathsOfHate

never said it was easier to do and i do it consistently with no issue
Whoops. I deleted some context at the start.

I meant to say not easier than the Form Change route but if you do it consistently can you try doing the FC Route and seeing which is easier? Personally I cant do the triple 4 route consistently. What do you do to get the last 4 consistently?

G82Boost

I Play Raiden
Whoops. I deleted some context at the start.

I meant to say not easier than the Form Change route but if you do it consistently can you try doing the FC Route and seeing which is easier? Personally I cant do the triple 4 route consistently. What do you do to get the last 4 consistently?
micro dashing