What's new

Shaman Nightwolf discussion

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
I thought it was? I could be wrong, I was hoping someone could provide some insight on why it was working like that.

Edit; I’m fairly certain it is because in matoka you can either do f21 or cancel on the third hit of f2121 into rising tomahawk amp for a combo.
They aren't the same move though. Rising axe is faster so it's within the cancel advantage needed to link into something.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
I’m aware they are not the same move..
But I’m a space cadet and forgot to take cancel advantage into consideration.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Any basic BNBs for this variation?
I’m looking into trying him out and so far I’m doing B34~BF4AMP, dash 11~BF1

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
Combo starters are fairly limited as to what links with bf4 mb. 11, b13, f21, b34 and 31 all work. So (starter of your choice) bf4 mb, dash 111~bf1

Mandolore1123

Combo starters are fairly limited as to what links with bf4 mb. 11, b13, f21, b34 and 31 all work. So (starter of your choice) bf4 mb, dash 111~bf1
What is the general game plan for this variation? Just sit back and zone? Seems the lightning arrow is super good a a zoning tool combined with reflect.

Thoughts on this variation after the patch? Seems like it would be his go to variation now. Trading some of the damage of matoka warrior for that amazing projectile.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Thoughts on this variation after the patch? Seems like it would be his go to variation now. Trading some of the damage of matoka warrior for that amazing projectile.
It's his top 1 variation free. Matoka is kind of irrelevant.

Mandolore1123

Did the patch allow the AMP BF4 to combo off all his regular starters?

Mandolore1123

1 bar off 111 does like 28% so it's comparable damage to MW but ending in lightning arrow gives nice spacing and advantage too :)

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
midscreen i do BF4,31,222 and in the corner it's BF4,31,31,222 but the timing is pretty tight even offline so I usually do 31,31,111 and then I can backdash so they can't just U3

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
From max height 111xxbf4 31 111xxarrow will hit for 326. edit: In the corner.

Whats the max damage midscreen combo?

Last edited:

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
Now I think the best midscreen would be f212~bf4amp~31~f12~bf1 but the f12 is a real stubborn bitch to connect after the 31.. gotta catch em at the highest point with 31

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Using stand 31 as the base combo starter

31, ex spirit tracks, dash 31, dash 112 does - 291.71
31, ex spirt tracks, dash 31, f12, arrow does -302.something i forget

for how much wildly incredibly stricter that route is, I think its safe to say it isn't worth the 1% difference.