What's new

SFxT Online training mode!!??

Past

Noob
There's is a rumor that this game will have an online training mode. Seriously, this would be incredible. New ways to level up your game. Thoughts?
EDIT: Nevermind, it is not a rumor. Here is the trailer

Still amazing though

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Heihachi looks kinda weird in this game.

+online training mode
+2v2 co-op
+Zangief
-purple xfactor
-scramble mode looks awkward
-No sean.

Past

Noob
Heihachi looks kinda weird in this game.

+online training mode
+2v2 co-op
+Zangief
-purple xfactor
-No sean.
Not to mention ONLINE co-op. As in four separate consoles can play at once. The online training mode is great for two reasons.
1. Convenient. Very easy and helpful for players who want to learn from each other.
2. You can train with both players on the same team. When MK9 first came out I was excited that I could play with a friend. However, when it came to training, it got really tedious. In order to have proper synergy, we had to learn both characters, since we could not be on the same team. Unfortunately, it did not work out (no one wants to learn Jade).

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
So basically you and a partner would go in to a session without a time limit and limitless health? That actually would be amazing..

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
this looks like its definitley gonna be one of the best fighting games ever made. cant wait for this shit to come out haha

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Alright, I'm pretty god damn hyped about this game now. Has Capcom been reading OUR forums? Now, if this has GGPO on top of all this, then holy fuck.

+online training mode
+2v2 co-op
+Zangief
-purple xfactor
-No sean.
The ability to sacrifice your partner may be quite handy, actually, who knows. It'll be an interesting dynamic none the less - certainly it'll perform better than the damn MVC3 xfactor :sick:

No Sean does suck, but there's Rolento...so that's pretty sweet. I like Rolento personally, he's been absent for too long!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Alright, I'm pretty god damn hyped about this game now. Has Capcom been reading OUR forums? Now, if this has GGPO on top of all this, then holy fuck.
especially with the 1v2v3v4... now THAT is thinking out of the box.

MK10 needs 1v2v3v4... that shit would be choatic MK goodness. :)

Past

Noob
This game could potentially change the way we look at all other fighting games. A new standard has been set. I think Namco and Capcom are pushing each other to make SFxT and TxSF the best games that it can be. I've even heard rumors of a customization mode!!

This is good. I like this kind of stuff, because with every new FG the Devs try to set new standards. Just look at MK compared to other FGs that came out around this time.

Expect MK10 to possibly have all this and more. New and further developed existing features.

Past

Noob
New info on Pandora:
1. Partner is sacificed
2. When it runs out, YOU LOSE

My opinion: Its worthless, in a game where there is no chip damage. Just play good defense and you will be back in the game. There has to be an X-factor increase in stats like speed etc. to warrant the risk of Pandora. In MvC3, there were many situations where you just have to X-factor (chip damage from x-factor). This is different.

GNG Iniquity

New info on Pandora:
1. Partner is sacificed
2. When it runs out, YOU LOSE

My opinion: Its worthless, in a game where there is no chip damage. Just play good defense and you will be back in the game. There has to be an X-factor increase in stats like speed etc. to warrant the risk of Pandora. In MvC3, there were many situations where you just have to X-factor (chip damage from x-factor). This is different.
Little soon to tell though, perhaps you cause chip damage with pandora? I mean, they've gotta give you some incentive other than higher damage to use it.

Past

Noob
Little soon to tell though, perhaps you cause chip damage with pandora? I mean, they've gotta give you some incentive other than higher damage to use it.
I know its too soon, but a mechanic like this is difficult to balance. It may end up changing the game (x-factor), or be worthless due risk/reward. If chip damage is not a factor in this game, there may not be an incentive to use pandora. You can use good defence and make your own comeback. You wouldn't have to use it like in MvC, where storm's x-factor can take out half health with just chip damage.

GNG Iniquity

I know its too soon, but a mechanic like this is difficult to balance. It may end up changing the game (x-factor), or be worthless due risk/reward. If chip damage is not a factor in this game, there may not be an incentive to use pandora. You can use good defence and make your own comeback. You wouldn't have to use it like in MvC, where storm's x-factor can take out half health with just chip damage.
Yeah...the more I think about this I'm not too fond of it. I suppose they have to give you something to come back if your partner is near death though. Certainly seems like they pulled this from MVC3. Which is unfortunate. Oh well, the rest of the game looks great at least!

Past

Noob
Yeah...the more I think about this I'm not too fond of it. I suppose they have to give you something to come back if your partner is near death though. Certainly seems like they pulled this from MVC3. Which is unfortunate. Oh well, the rest of the game looks great at least!

I want to move this stuff in another thread. The title is misleading.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
the ONLY thing i dont like about this game, is that if one partner dies than you lose. i think thats stupid. it should be like MK9 where you have to kill both your opponents, not just one. but besides that feature, everything else about this game looks fantastic

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
the ONLY thing i dont like about this game, is that if one partner dies than you lose. i think thats stupid. it should be like MK9 where you have to kill both your opponents, not just one. but besides that feature, everything else about this game looks fantastic
i dunno tekken tag goes by this formula and people have loved that game for years, there are other games with the 2 KO format if this one just doesnt do it for you i guess

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Online training sounds cool, but I still think SNK does it the best like in KoF98UM and 2002UM. Constantly having new matches against randomized opponents is not only helpful to learn different matchups on the fly, but is also very fun. Yeah, you're still fighting a CPU, but it's better than trudging through the inevitable waves of Kens and Jins and rarely fighting certain other characters that are either low tier, hard to play as, or just plain unpopular.

Very stoked for this game, despite not particularly enjoying Tekken since Tag Tournament, but I still quite like the cast.

The thing is too many people never tag out with that rule set. Just playing each character till they die diminishes the whole point of a tag-teams. This way it forces them to tag out if they want to survive.

I don't agree its the best incentive, but meh.. it works