What's new

SFV R. Mika reveal trailer

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I haven't shaved my neck since her trailer dropped. I see nothing wrong with her apearence, she looks sick gameplay wise and sexy ass fuck. Definitely one of my mains day one!
She hits my heart in too many places to not be an instant main:

-Alpha 3 nostalgia

-Female wrestlers are fucking badass as far as tropes/archetypes go, needs to be more of them in fighting games

-I love dedicated grapplers in any game

-She already looks to be a real salt maker in terms of opponent humiliating moves and animations.

-Booty is life

Can't wait to see what other costumes and cosmetics she has, and hopefully they bring taunts back for this game(and the same way as SF4 where everyone had 10 to choose from).

Speaking of taunts, if we get cancelable taunts like SF4 my hype will skyrocket again, those were such powerful mind game tools, really under-appreciated.

Last edited:

ErMac333

Noob
Honestly, I'm all about the non-sexualizing of EVERY single female in the gaming industry. But this is somehow a cultural matter, Mika, as her base concept imply, should wear like this. Even if you dislike how these female wrestlers wear, that's still how it is at the present, and as long as they value the proper representation of the character, they're gonna make her look like this, because right now, it looks like this in real life.

Also, I can't see anything wrong with certain characters being sexualized. Some characters will normally be more inclined towards a sexual interaction (even dearest Tanya has her moments in dialogues), while others will be more reserved, completely normal differences in personality. Although I agree that in the gaming industry, women are represented much more often as sexualized characters, even out of context (like a military woman in small attire that means absolutely nothing funcional), while it's really hard to find a male that'll be bragging about his muscles the same way Mika taunts the opponent with that butt slap.

I'm really satisfied with how Mika turned out. She was designed like this at first, her concept is closely tied to reality in JP wrestling, not to mention it's really hard not to take all this exposition as a joke of the character itself, the moves are funny and are meant to be received this way by people. She's one character out of lots of other female that'll probably be released, even though Cammy's design in SFV is a huge step back in proving Capcom is being smart about it, let's wait and see how the other females turn out. For all I know Karin should be a more reserved character, and she's pretty much confirmed.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
while it's really hard to find a male that'll be bragging about his muscles the same way Mika taunts the opponent with that butt slap.
Actually Zangief(and Hugo, IRC, though his are mostly about how big he is) does that quite often.

Some sample quotes from the man himself:

"Any way to use that Yoga of yours to bulk up my fabulous muscles?"

"I trained hard to get these fabulous muscles. They won't let me down!"

"Replace that fat with fabulous muscles like mine if you ever want to win!"

And quite a few more, it's kind of his "thing".

He's also prone to taunting his opponents with body builder esque flex sessions(as seen in his pre-fight intro, his taunts, and his win pose).

Batman2000

4/14/15 Baby!!!!!
Alright, so I'm not a Street Fighter fan, but I'm considering picking SFV up since it will be PS4/PC exclusive and I figure well the performance and quality will be top notch. I'm willing to give the game a try. Now, if the last SF games are anything to go by(in terms of gameplay) are there any characters that you guys would recommend trying out first to start with?

I miss the days when we could just show a new/returning (female) character for a fighting game and not have pointless debates on if a fucking cartoon is too sexual or not.

Damn it I actually miss the days of Jack Thompson when people would just argue about violence!

Here's my 2 cents, yes sexulazation can go too far, it's not a bad thing in itself, but like most things, can be abused. On the flip side being sexually repressed can be just as bad if not worst than being in hyper sexualized society. I hate to bring it up as an example, cause it's an easy target, but just look at some parts of the Middle East. There is, no joke, women getting beaten by their husband cause they aren't getting pergo (cause that would totally help:rolleyes:), cause it turns out no one taught the dude he has to stick his penis in her vag and not her butt. Why? cause sex ed is just a thing you don't do in some of those parts. I wish to god I was making this up.

TLDR: Too little sexulity is just as bad as too much sexuality.

ErMac333

Noob
@Pterodactyl yeah, it's still possible to find some Zangiefs in gaming, not as often as female versions, of course. I think that a balance of archetypes and psychological traits are always welcome in games, specially in fighting games. Too bad opposed to your perception on Mika, Zangief is not really my cup of tea when it comes to sexual appeal lol

The funniest thing is that everyone should know by now that the designs of the Capcom characters do not change much. The exception to this is Birdie getting bigger but everything else is the same. Rainbow has been launching and rubbing her butt since Alpha 3

I updated my OP with the Combofiend match vs Harrison.
There is some quite impressive stuff going on + some disrespect lol.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
Yeah, all the guys are ripped to shit and overly muscular but that's true for everything. I'll admit that I don't look like Ken/Ryu but it's not like their horse sized dicks are flopping around. Cammie already didn't leave much to the imagination and this is even worse. May as well be DOA at this point. Is there a volley ball minigame with jiggles?

"HOLD MY CONTROLLER, BRO! I'M GONNA SHOOT KNUCKLE YOGURT ON THE SCREEN!"

Not everyone who plays fighting game is some overly sex deprived awkward as fuck beyond sexually inadequate 40 year old virgin neckbeard basement dwelling dude. There's a lot of married guys with kids that play this shit too. I think it's ridiculous and embarrassing...and I'm a guy.

Grow the fuck up, Capcom.
haha great post. its just semi covered up cartoon boobies bro. not like ryu is titty fucking her with his HSD for the KO

I had some time today to figure out stuff with R.Mika.
She seems like a rly cool character, but it takes quite
a while to get used to her. She also got some rly fun setups.
The netcode seems as good - maybe even better than SFV beta phase 1.

A short highlight reel I have recorded of my beginner R.Mika just a few minutes ago: