What's new

SFV on XBox One...

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
The only question I have about this is how the windows 10 PC / Xbox One integration will work with the game. Will there be some workaround that you have work out to play the game anyway.

Gegz

It's all in the game yo'
The only question I have about this is how the PC / Xbox One integration with work. Will there be some workaround that you have work out to play the game anyway.
You'll be able to play the game on your Xbox One with the Windows 10 PC streaming stuff, but who wants to play a fighting game with delay ?

Onilordasmodeus

You'll be able to play the game on your Xbox One with the Windows 10 PC streaming stuff, but who wants to play a fighting game with delay ?
Very true. I don't want to play MKX stream to my PC, but if were the only way to play, I may do it anyway.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
but it was announced clearly that it would be ps4 exclusive on consoles due to sony funding the game. There was no miscomunication or misleading like microsoft did with tomb raider.

Just get it on pc, then.

Though to be honest, I don't get why people buy a xbox one instead of a ps4. Tastes I guess.
KI3 and XBL! PSN has always being trash.

Onilordasmodeus

but it was announced clearly that it would be ps4 exclusive on consoles due to sony funding the game. There was no miscomunication or misleading like microsoft did with tomb raider.

Just get it on pc, then.

Though to be honest, I don't get why people buy a xbox one instead of a ps4. Tastes I guess.
Preference. MS's services have always been superior to Sony, while Sony has generally had the hardware edge (which makes sense). That being the case, I have always been a guy who appreciates software services rather than hardware specs.

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy
ki for sure is a good game and helped xone in the fgc for a while, but with sf 5 ps4-exclusive, M$'s plan to establish their console as no. 1 in the fgc has been run over by a freight train.
Microsoft would have never made the no.1 category no matter what due to the xbone hitting so many damn snags (buy w/kinect lol). KI made it at least a viable option, the UI is still ass I need a god damn app to navigate it.

But I love KI to death so I put up with it.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I mean I already knew this. There was no way in hell it was going to be on Xbone with Sony funding the new game.

Noob
Preference. MS's services have always been superior to Sony, while Sony has generally had the hardware edge (which makes sense). That being the case, I have always been a guy who appreciates software services rather than hardware specs.
I agree to an extent but, this new gen has proven the MS´s services are falling behind, with Sonys Software being just as good if not slightly better than MS, but thats debatable, ppl have diferent experiences with their systems and will argue its success according to those experiences. I personally im not biased to neither even tho i own a ps4. given the chance i follow games not systems

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Meh. As a PS4 owner I'd rather have had KI. I really feel (netcode aside) that NRS have raised the bar so much that Capcom are being left behind. I never thought I'd say that.

Audit

Falls down too much
I'm sure Sony putting money in is a big part of this, I'm not downplaying that. But has anyone ever thought that the backend for PC and PS4 is the same (Steam) and maybe Kagemusha, or whatever their proprietary version of GGPO's name is, only currently works on the Steam platform? The way that the new netcode was tested on USF4 PC would kind of lend itself to this as well.

Onilordasmodeus

I agree to an extent but, this new gen has proven the MS´s services are falling behind, with Sonys Software being just as good if not slightly better than MS, but thats debatable, ppl have diferent experiences with their systems and will argue its success according to those experiences. I personally im not biased to neither even tho i own a ps4. given the chance i follow games not systems
You are right that in this new gen Sony's service side has stepped it up a notch. I jumped ship from Sony in the PS2 era and didn't look back, but now in the PS4 era they seem to be making many of the right moves. It is awesome and enticing what they are doing with their new TV's, the PS4/vita stuff (though I don't do handhelds anymore), and just how they are positioning PSN across the board with their different peripheral devices...but they are still sort of following MS in this space as well. (If you can't tell, I'm more interested in overall media capabilities, not just games.)

Along with all that though, I feel that they will again be behind the curse when Win10 hits and somewhat changes the PC/console gaming landscape in the coming years. The fact that your library of games and media across the PC and the X1 will be synonymous in the future is huge for me, as it will insanely expand the amount of people MS will have under it XBL umbrella, not to mention the proposed software advancements that will inevitably come to that combined platform as well. The possibilities are essentially endless in this space, and are beyond what I've seen from Sony so far.

I have to say though, I'm really hyped for next weeks E3 events, both for Sony and MS. I think this will be a banner year in the services space, and hell, my tune could be changed on a dime in just a few days.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Meh. Let's be real, if you really wanna play SFV you'll find a way. The same way people that wanted to play KI3 bought an Xbox One for it despite it still not having shit on there that's console exclusive that I personally care about (Eh Tomb Raider but...)

Helps it's on PC as well. With Sony essentially backing Capcom at this point due to their bad investments and poor decision making, are you really that surprised? Microsoft already kinda... Lost this console war before it even began with the DRM stuff along with Kinect and all the spooky ookies of being watched while you do shit.

This happens kinda often in gaming. A long time ago, you only saw Final Fantasy on Nintendo consoles. FF7 comes out and Nintendo isn't doing very well in the market and things between Square and Nintendo fall out, you get one of the best selling franchises of all time on a new console that ended up winning that console war and crippling it's competitors.

As for the actual game, I'm digging it. If this is an enhanced version of their rollback netcode from SFxTK which they did previously state in an interview... You're gonna get a good game. It may have a flaw or two, but every game does to an extent, even existing classics. However, if you weren't a SF fan by now, I don't see this game changing your mind that much.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I really like what I see from sf5 so far. That damage looks old school.

I got a ps4 for sf5 so it doesn't really bother me. Honestly at least the player base won't be as split up. Still I don't think the possibility of an xbone port is impossible sown the road. I'm pretty sure comments like this have been made before and I'm sure with the Sony deal they don't want Capcom telling people that an xbone port is possible.

all I have to say is PC MASTER RACE (just not for MKX its a pile of well you know on PC)
but on a side note you don't need a good pc to play SF4 on pc and I doubt the graphics/CPU load of SF5 will be much more intensive so yeah that's the Xbox players alternative and its not a bad one either considering a lot of games on steam are cheaper than they are on console.

d3v

SRK
Kinda dumb that both the biggest online and offline communities for SF4 were on 360 but now because of shitty business practices are forced to make an exclusivity offer with the opposite console just to make the game even happen. Sad but I guess I wont be playing this game in tournament or even at home
If you've been around the FGC long, then you'd realize that console loyalty isn't something the community is known for. When competition move to consoles from arcade, we just played the games on whatever was deemed best for them (e.g. MvC2 - DreamCast, 3rd Strike - PS2).

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Another thing of it is, I do not believe Microsoft has always had the best footing in Japan, and I wonder what may of happened if they did.

I would totally buy a XBone if I could only play KOF14 on it.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Makes me wonder if Capcom releases another version of SFV IE super/ultra whatever. If this version would be on all consoles. It would be a way around the exclusive SFV considering technically vanilla is still exclusive on ps4 but future expansions may not be. Just a thought and probably wont happen but hey its something.
Nope this numbered series is forever exclusive