What's new

SFV DLC characters leaked!

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Best thing they can do is make a joke out of it come grand finals. Just say some funny shit before you roll the trailer, because if they just try to show it like it's still a surprise they're going to look like fools

SinkFla

Noob
You know what... Even though Poison looks awesome, her addition is not going to change the inherent issues I have with the game. I almost gave in to the hype there, but after having taken a cold shower, I realised that I'm not going to give Capcom my money for this one. It would be me buying the DLC, playing for maybe a week, and then realise... it's still SFV.

So I'm gonna pass. That was close though.

Yeah... part of me wants to jump back in but a bigger part of me remembers the horrid online experience and FM nerf. And all the content locked behind FM/$ like stages, costumes, etc. I fucking hate looking at a half acquired stage select screen every time I play a match lol. I was also a FANG player so I really just had it bad. I don't think I've touched the game since... Sakura released?

I actually prefer reveals pre Evo, then i can just enjoy watching the matches without people screaminging "REveal dLC!!1!"...

*Not sure if it was prompted by the leak, but SFV has actually released separate trailers for these characters

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
All 3 of them looks like they will be really fun to play. I feel bad for the team and Ono, but I am glad to finally see the new update. Cant wait for the release and what the next batch of characters will be.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Updated the OP with all the details!

Can we promote this @HellblazerHawkman ?

Also on the 'issue' of Poison being trans or not, here's what Capcom's Yoshinori Ono said in an interview:

"It's supposed to be mysterious; if people want to talk about it on forums or what, not they're welcome to, but we're not going to give you a straight answer because, well, there isn't one. We deliberately want to make it a mysterious thing-that question of what's at the core of this character. At the end of the day, we don't have an actual canonical answer to that."

Take that as you will.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Also on the 'issue' of Poison being trans or not, here's what Capcom's Yoshinori Ono said in an interview:

"It's supposed to be mysterious; if people want to talk about it on forums or what, not they're welcome to, but we're not going to give you a straight answer because, well, there isn't one. We deliberately want to make it a mysterious thing-that question of what's at the core of this character. At the end of the day, we don't have an actual canonical answer to that."

Take that as you will.
yep, this is and old issue .... they had said that its up to any/each fan, to decide about it .... kinda, if you fantasize about Poison being a hot trans, go for it .... but, if instead, you wanna treat Poison just like a hot bitch 100% female, the possibility is open too, hehe ! :joker:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This sucks for Capcom. This would have been a cool moment at EVO. I love hearing the crowd reactions, even for games I don't play. Leaks are shitty.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

Take that as you will.
lol nice find. I'll just take that as people can believe what they want.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
They're releasing August 4th individually and bundled August 5th!

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
E. Honda, Lucia and Poison Coming to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on August 4th

Aug1

Three new characters are being added to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition – pushing the impressive roster to 38 fighters. The sumo wrestling E. Honda completes the starting lineup from the original Street Fighter II. Lucia Morgan, a detective from the Special Crimes Unit of the Metro City Police Department, steps up to the plate with her thick Metro City accent and red-hot kicks. And last, but definitely not least, Poison of Final Fight fame brings her cracking whip and striking style to SFV: AE.

These three new challengers are being added to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition and will be available on August 4th individually for MSRP $5.99 / €5.99 / £4.99 or 100,000 Fight Money. A “Summer 2019 Character Bundle” will be made available on August 5th for MSRP $14.99 / €14.99 / £11.99 and will include all three new characters, in addition to each character’s Battle Costume and Default Colors 3-10.
Read on to get the full inside scoop.
E. Honda

Wishing to educate the world on the long-term benefits of a relaxing soak in the tub, E. Honda is re-opening his popular bathhouse – Honda Sento. But as steadfast as his devotion is to all things hot and steamy, his number one passion will always be sumo wrestling. In this respect, Honda-san’s transition to SFV: AE is comprehensive. His Hundred Hand Slap still requires a precise pianoing of punch presses (this time, four rather than five) to let loose with the open palm assault. His Sumo Headbutt still hits like a speeding bullet train, while being susceptible to projectile pressure. And his Oicho Throw still makes him dangerous up-close. But far from a relic of the past, Honda’s formidable V-Skill and V-Triggers take his iconic fundamentals to the next level.
[V-Skill – Neko Damashi]
Honda’s V-Skill is a heavy-handed clap that negates single-hit projectiles. It can cancel into his special moves on block and hit. V-Skill into light Hundred Hand Slap, for instance, is a true block string and leaves Honda at frame advantage.
[V-Trigger 1 – Onigawara]
His V-Trigger unlocks a more potent version of the Sumo Headbutt, called Oni-Daikaku. It can combo from any normal attack, has one hit of armor on start-up and can cancel into a second headbutt called Oni-Muso. Oni-Daikaku can also be used to guard crush the opponent on a full charge.
[V-Trigger 2 – Tajikarao]
Honda’s V-Trigger 2 unlocks a running command grab with one hit of armor. The grab can hit raw or as part of a combo, with Honda slamming the opponent into the nearest corner, gaining frame advantage and removing the opponent’s ability to perform a back recovery. This makes it a particularly strong tool for oki.
Lucia

Having received a tip off from Haggar about a possible plot to take out Mayor Cody, Officer Morgan hits the streets of Metro City in search of answers. Her Gun Smoke command run lets her close the distance quickly with one of four follow-ups – the Rough Chase shoulder barge, Tornado Spinner juggle kicks, Cyclone Spinner anti-air and the Braking dead halt. She also has access to the Dragon Punch-style Hurricane Spinner, the Fire Spinner spinning back kick and flaming projectiles with unconventional flightpaths courtesy of Flipper Shot. All these specials are unsafe on-block unless timed meaty or spaced correctly, but thanks to her strong V-Triggers and a cancellable low forward that hits from afar, she has many ways to combo into them.
[V-Skill – Tap-Kick]
Lucia’s V-Skill is a multi-hitting kick that can be cancelled from most of her normal attacks and leaves her at advantage on hit. You just need to be mindful that it’s very unsafe on block.
[V-Trigger 1 – Burning Fight]
Her V-Trigger 1 enhances all her kick-based special moves, and when combined with her EX command run, can lead to some flashy and highly damaging combos. It also causes her V-Skill to score a knockdown on the final hit, leading to more oki opportunities.
[V-Trigger 2 – Weapon Fury]
Lucia’s V-Trigger 2 equips her trusty baton and unlocks Tactical Weapon. This move can be cancelled from all her normal attacks, is safe on block and can combo into all her special moves. Suffice to say, it’s tailor made for frame traps and extending combos.
Poison

Feeling down in the dumps after parting ways with her former partner-in-crime, Poison returns to Metro City in search of a new headliner for the wrestling federation. She’s received a whip upgrade compared to the short-range slapper she sported in Ultra Street Fighter 4 – this time she’s wielding a looping lasher with lasso-like range. Gone are the rekkas and chargeable projectiles, which are replaced by a refreshing mix of far-reaching normals that are easily buffered into her high kicking and whip whirling specials. And we haven’t even detailed her V-Skill and V-Triggers yet!
[V-Skill – Perfume Swing]
Poison’s V-Skill is a swinging strike that can travel one of two distances. It can be cancelled from some of her normal attacks and allows for a follow-up strike. It can also travel over most projectiles if spaced correctly.
[V-Trigger 1 – Poison Cocktail]
Her V-Trigger 1 gives her access to Molotov cocktails. These can be thrown either straight up or ahead and cause steady chip damage by setting the ground on fire. They’re useful for setups and combo extensions.
[V-Trigger 2 – Poison Glamor]
Poison’s V-Trigger 2 unlocks two commands grabs – Toxic Hold and Toxic Bind. The former does more stun and damage, but has limited range. The latter can hit from over half a screen away, but has more start-up and recovery frames. Both can be used mid-combo.
“Honda Sento” Bathhouse Stage

This stage should be instantly familiar to anyone who played Street Fighter II in the 90s. “Honda Sento” is a modern remake of E. Honda’s iconic bathhouse stage from Street Fighter II: The World Warrior. Blue tiled flooring, individual showers and a sumo-sized onsen – filled to the brim with piping hot water from a nearby hot spring. What better place to kick back and relax with a towel on your head after a hard day of fighting in the streets. The new “Honda Sento” stage can be yours on August 4th for MSRP $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29 or 70,000 Fight Money.
Free Trial (Season 3 Character Unlock) and Sale

Haven’t yet taken the time to pull off a Shoryuken or Hadoken in Street Fighter V? Well, why not try out the latest instalment in Capcom’s premier fighting game series for FREE! An all-new Free Trial on PlayStation 4 and Steam runs now through August 11th. And for the first time ever, the 16 characters from the launch roster are joined by the 6 characters from Season 3… all playable for free! By our count, that’s 22 reasons to jump into the Free Trial and see what you’ve been missing! Sales on both platforms also run now through August 13th, offering huge savings on in-game content in addition to 60% off Street Fighter V and 50% off Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition.
Extra Battle: Cody (Vergil)

His opponents may cry when Cody goes to battle in this Vergil costume for SFV: AE. This Devil May Cry inspired costume for Cody and accompanying Vergil, Dante and Nero battle music will be available in Extra Battle mode from August 30th through September 27th.
Fighting Chance: M. Bison

Backed up by the Psycho Drive in the Street Fighter Alpha series, M. Bison was not only at the peak of his power, but he also sported one of his most dominant looks. This menacing outfit returns to SFV: AE on August 4th in Fighting Chance!
This is a sumo-sized update, so go hit the streets and enjoy all of this new content in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition!

source-

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

Take that as you will.
We get an absurd amount of backlash whenever we mention games that aren't from NRS, the last time was when we tried to be more "DBZF" minded when I2 was dying and that came out. Otherwise, this would have been up in a second