What's new

SFV Beta Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Just got into the beta today and have been working with Ryu and trying to work with getting down the timing of his parry.

Also, are we not able to turn off fight requests, because I had switched mine to off so I could practice and I kept getting interrupted by getting pulled out of practice and into an online match.
Same problem here. I wish I could just focus on training. This is the first SF I'm going to take seriously and just wish I could practice without interruption.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Just got into the beta today and have been working with Ryu and trying to work with getting down the timing of his parry.

Also, are we not able to turn off fight requests, because I had switched mine to off so I could practice and I kept getting interrupted by getting pulled out of practice and into an online match.
Use record mode once in training mode, you're free from interrupts that way.

mercureXI

Same problem here. I wish I could just focus on training. This is the first SF I'm going to take seriously and just wish I could practice without interruption.
Same answer as above.

Or you could just get yourself a cracked beta on PC.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Been playing exclusively Rashid since Beta 2:

His V-Skill is like experimental jazz. There are so many fun and diverse ways to implement it. I've gotten to the point where I can just freestyle it on the spot and wreck people. It changes the properties of all of his specials too, so his spinning mixer becomes neutral on block and carries the opponent half screen while doing massive chip, and his dragon kick becomes totally safe on block... meaning you can just stalk the opponent with the tornado out in neutral and force them to deal with special move spam basically.

His frame trap pressure game is really good, but people don't know the matchups or his frame data so I'v been getting away with bullshit against most the cast. FYI: Jap Spinning Mixer is -2, so press a 3 or 4 frame button to stop a throw or a poke - only thing to worry about is a yolo ex spinning mixer.

His corner game is hella sick. Between frame traps and his corner combo potential and v-skill tricks he's one of the scariest characters to face with your back to the wall. Almost to add insult to injury, his guard cancel dodge rolls through the opponent, so when you corner him he can spend a little v-gauge and easily return the favor.

His weaknesses are below average footsies in a footsie-intensive game, and below average damage in a high damage game. His pressure, corner game and mobility are so strong that you can't tell he has a weakness once he gains momentum though.

Way too hype for this shit to drop.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

Pick who you want to practice as for the second character. Then set the dummy to recording and train that way. You'll have to keep resetting the recording but you won't be interrupted.

Damn you @mercureXI :mad:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Been playing exclusively Rashid since Beta 2:

His V-Skill is like experimental jazz. There are so many fun and diverse ways to implement it. I've gotten to the point where I can just freestyle it on the spot and wreck people. It changes the properties of all of his specials too, so his spinning mixer becomes neutral on block and carries the opponent half screen while doing massive chip, and his dragon kick becomes totally safe on block... meaning you can just stalk the opponent with the tornado out in neutral and force them to deal with special move spam basically.

His frame trap pressure game is really good, but people don't know the matchups or his frame data so I'v been getting away with bullshit against most the cast. FYI: Jap Spinning Mixer is -2, so press a 3 or 4 frame button to stop a throw or a poke - only thing to worry about is a yolo ex spinning mixer.

His corner game is hella sick. Between frame traps and his corner combo potential and v-skill tricks he's one of the scariest characters to face with your back to the wall. Almost to add insult to injury, his guard cancel dodge rolls through the opponent, so when you corner him he can spend a little v-gauge and easily return the favor.

His weaknesses are below average footsies in a footsie-intensive game, and below average damage in a high damage game. His pressure, corner game and mobility are so strong that you can't tell he has a weakness once he gains momentum though.

Way too hype for this shit to drop.
He seemed cool to me but I couldn't mesh well with him. Hoping for someone to show him off in tournament so I can just copy them lol. I had switched to Zangief and for my first match I get Rashid. Got to say I think that MU is awful. He's just jumping around and his projectile pretty much halts Gief. I think the projectile also speeds up his V-skill roll. Kinda hard to remember from the match but his mobility is a problem imo.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
He seemed cool to me but I couldn't mesh well with him. Hoping for someone to show him off in tournament so I can just copy them lol. I had switched to Zangief and for my first match I get Rashid. Got to say I think that MU is awful. He's just jumping around and his projectile pretty much halts Gief. I think the projectile also speeds up his V-skill roll. Kinda hard to remember from the match but his mobility is a problem imo.
I'd say as the game develops, that will be an even matchup. For now though, dealing with a fast paced gimmicky character like Rashid is going to be a headache for most characters.

The only characters that annoy me right now are the footsie gods: Chun, Cammy, Vega, Bison and Karin, because they're so efficient at walling Rashid in the neutral and punishing him hard on bad reads. You really just have to force your way in and rush them down before they can do the same to you...

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Chun-Li combo log thingy!

Here's my Chun-Li BnB for punishing like a DP or something
cr.HP xx LK Legs, cr.LP xx LK Spinning Bird Kick - that's right, you can get a cr.LP after LK legs!! That's awesome!

Working on crush counter BnB atm. Will update when I get a decent one.

Update #1, Crush Counter BnB:

st.HK, forward dash, st.MP, cr.MK xx HK Legs (around 286 damage, 432 stun) [I'm new to Chun and SFV still so I can't get a Spinning Bird Kick after cr.MK but if anyone else can then let me know!]
You can also cancel the cr.MK into super for over 400 damage around 300 and something damage (can't remember lol).

Update #2, YOOOO Chun can hit confirm like SFIV! (Ryu and Cammy can't do it so I was surprised):
cr.LK, cr.LP xx Legs or Spinning Bird Kick
cr.LK, cr.LP, st.LK xx Legs

*IN V-TRIGGER MODE ONLY* cr.LK, cr.LP, cr.MK xx Super (lol it's 41 hits, 366 damage, ~227 stun)

Chun might be my girl when the game drops!! :D

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'd say as the game develops, that will be an even matchup. For now though, dealing with a fast paced gimmicky character like Rashid is going to be a headache for most characters.

The only characters that annoy me right now are the footsie gods: Chun, Cammy, Vega, Bison and Karin, because they're so efficient at walling Rashid in the neutral and punishing him hard on bad reads. You really just have to force your way in and rush them down before they can do the same to you...
I think it will be slightly in Rashid's favor. Like a slight 6-4. I was able to get him to low health one round. It helps that I love using armor and it seems the general player doesn't know how to deal. Second match was against a dhalsim and I just V-skilled him to the corner lol. Which is another good thing about the Rashid MU too, he has a lot of one hit stuff. When I played Karin I basically got free grab charges.

mercureXI

Chun-Li combo log thingy!

Here's my Chun-Li BnB for punishing like a DP or something
cr.HP xx LK Legs, cr.LP xx LK Spinning Bird Kick - that's right, you can get a cr.LP after LK legs!! That's awesome!

Working on crush counter BnB atm. Will update when I get a decent one.

Update #1, Crush Counter BnB:

st.HK, forward dash, st.MP, cr.MK xx HK Legs (around 286 damage, 432 stun) [I'm new to Chun and SFV still so I can't get a Spinning Bird Kick after cr.MK but if anyone else can then let me know!]
You can also cancel the cr.MK into super for over 400 damage around 300 and something damage (can't remember lol).

Update #2, YOOOO Chun can hit confirm like SFIV! (Ryu and Cammy can't do it so I was surprised):
cr.LK, cr.LP xx Legs or Spinning Bird Kick
cr.LK, cr.LP, st.LK xx Legs

*IN V-TRIGGER MODE ONLY* cr.LK, cr.LP, cr.MK xx Super (lol it's 41 hits, 366 damage, ~227 stun)

Chun might be my girl when the game drops!! :D
One of the very efficient tools Chun-Li has : being able to use her overhead command normal into cLP > legs > Super when in V-Trigger.

You can also use her V-Skill when near the corner to MK crossup (hard to read, doesn't look like one).

And finally, her V-Skill (initial hit) > 3x stomp kick > [Ex legs] or [HPx2 > Super --- V-Trigger only] is nice when possible.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I can't remember much from SF4, but from playing Chun, I instantly remember that St.HP and her Cr. MK into Super from Third Strike. Unless I'm wrong, it seems that the range on the St. HP has been slightly decreased.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
One of the very efficient tools Chun-Li has : being able to use her overhead command normal into cLP > legs > Super when in V-Trigger.

You can also use her V-Skill when near the corner to MK crossup (hard to read, doesn't look like one).

And finally, her V-Skill (initial hit) > 3x stomp kick > [Ex legs] or [HPx2 > Super --- V-Trigger only] is nice when possible.
Holy moly I didn't even know that the overhead was comboable in v-trigger! Wow! I will add this to my small, but building, Chun-Li repertoire. Thanks!

I've been using the j.d.MK shenanigans in the corner. I've been messing around with distance after a max range sweep in the corner where it does crossup or doesn't crossup on the first hit then timings where you can make the second OR third hit crossup. It's pretty cool and I'm sure it'll catch people off guard. It's like a mixup I think lol.

You can do whatever you want.
In that case, I've been playing the SFV beta since yesterday night getting a feel for Dhalsim. I just tried to play a few matches on MKX beta n was dropping everything lol. I have to say its so much easier countering attacks n SF than MKX

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
For me, Nash. He just feels right.

Laura players, how do you feel against Ryu in the beta? It feels like a chore going up against him
He definitely out pokes her. I think you have to play mid-range against him. Don't let him jump in and pressure you. Throw fireballs and follow them. If you see him try to fireball back, use f+HP or her v-skill when your fireball absorbs his to close the gap. Use v-trigger in the neutral if you don't have meter. This will allow you to win the fireball war and get in. Bait his DP's and try to read what he does on a standing reset. Pressure with st. MK into vskill dashes into command grabs. Also, use st. HP and cr. MP into MP fireballs and ex fireballs for more pressure.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I was given a code by a friend who recieved some by participating in previous Betas. I redeemed the code (PS4), but download never happened, though the SFV Beta Trial is listed as redeemed purchase on PS Store site. Did anybody faced this kind of trouble before?

I'm from Russia, which counts as European (PAL) region in the gaming world, lol.

So much for trying to play SFV before release. Never got a code for any of the previous Betas and now that I finally got a working code, it doesn't download. Sony, you f*cked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.