What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kano Seriously, Is Kano useless vs Cassie Cage ???!!!

Hello everyone, please help me again Cassie Cage Hollywood.

I play Cybernetic, and i can't do anythings vs Cassie.

i can't beat her B1 2 4 from mid screen, and it leave her at +1. it's easy for her come in with this tech.

I can't zone her all the time. And when she is near me, with only a bad decision i'm always in a 50/50 stance cause of the nuts crush at the end of every combo.

Is there any magical poke that can break her game plan ?
Should i change variation and go for CT, so i can apply presure too ?
Should i change variation and go for kommando?

Or should i drop kano and main a good god tier ?...

If you have good video that show how to crush Cassie with Kano, i'll get it too.

thanks a lot for those who can help a kano player in need....

+++

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
I main Cyber and play against two high level Cassie players...and I always get mopped. Anyway...Cyber actually is a decent mu for Cassie. But @MsMiharo is right, you have to lame it out. Throw knives, but not to close. If she is in jump distance then bait b1 or jump in, don't throw knives. Also use the backdash a lot, especially in the gap already mentioned. Cyber is the best Kano pick against Cassie because of his b1 and mid knives. But you have to sit full screen, my problem is I hate playing like that....but I'm slowly learning how to

and between b12 and 4 is a gap. Go for ex BF3 into combo id say as far as it has armor. (aint sure bout that) If it doesnt just use ex upball as miharo said.
he plays cybernetic so i think its better to use db1 that's a combo starter(much easier and consistent than bf3) and has armor.

you should outzone her full screen with knifes and when she tries to get in,try to manage the space between you with b2 into an easy hit confirm when she comes from the ground(its very easy to check her from time to time with b2) or antiair her with b1 or upball.just keep in mind that she has to take risks in order to get in and the only move u should be carefull is b124 that is interuptable and full combo punishable with just one bar.
also keep in mind that ex-knifes are plus on block so u can create some frametraps when upclose.

edit: its also extremely important to not whiff any move against cassie cause she has the best whiff punisher in the game so try to learn the hitboxes of your moves.

Last edited:

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
I thought knives lose trade with her gun? (5% vs 7%)
You shouldn't even be trading with her ground gun. The startup is too slow compared to the knives. And it's easily ducked. And the recovery might be slower also.

The best Cassie players will use ia guns. And Kano wins that trade cause his knives knock her down, while kano is left standing.

Bottom line, her projectile is bad against Kano Cyber.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
he plays cybernetic so i think its better to use db1 that's a combo starter(much easier and consistent than bf3) and has armor.

you should outzone her full screen with knifes and when she tries to get in,try to manage the space between you with b2 into an easy hit confirm when she comes from the ground(its very easy to check her from time to time with b2) or antiair her with b1 or upball.just keep in mind that she has to take risks in order to get in and the only move u should be carefull is b124 that is interuptable and full combo punishable with just one bar.
also keep in mind that ex-knifes are plus on block so u can create some frametraps when upclose.

edit: its also extremely important to not whiff any move against cassie cause she has the best whiff punisher in the game so try to learn the hitboxes of your moves.
Ex ball cancel is more damage than ex laser (ex ball cancel jip 112 laser 112 ball compared to ex laser 112 ball)

Thanks for all your tips, but it's seem that i'm simply noob or my friend is really strong. Because i think i do all these things you said:

We both know the gap between B12 and 4 so sometime he stop at B12 so he can punish a blocked reversal or run B1 to catch me in my backdash ( big combo and a nut-crush as ender for a free 50/50...). Choosing one bad move in this situation and the round is lost for me...

Backdashing generaly put me in the corner...first step for biiiiggg problem

In neutral her B1 always win my B1 or B2.
Her B1 have a better range than my B1, i have to anticipate her move but if she does nothing and i launch B1, it's time for a free whiff punish. B2 is to slow (and put me near her if she block...) to beat her B1.
F4 is the only tool i haven't really test yet.

This MU seem to me like playing guile vs a good Zangief in streetfigther, he is slowly coming, taking a lot of chip damage but when he is in....he crush every of your effort.

If you have good Vid, please show me.

Skedar70

Noob
Thanks for all your tips, but it's seem that i'm simply noob or my friend is really strong. Because i think i do all these things you said:

We both know the gap between B12 and 4 so sometime he stop at B12 so he can punish a blocked reversal or run B1 to catch me in my backdash ( big combo and a nut-crush as ender for a free 50/50...). Choosing one bad move in this situation and the round is lost for me...

Backdashing generaly put me in the corner...first step for biiiiggg problem

In neutral her B1 always win my B1 or B2.
Her B1 have a better range than my B1, i have to anticipate her move but if she does nothing and i launch B1, it's time for a free whiff punish. B2 is to slow (and put me near her if she block...) to beat her B1.
F4 is the only tool i haven't really test yet.

This MU seem to me like playing guile vs a good Zangief in streetfigther, he is slowly coming, taking a lot of chip damage but when he is in....he crush every of your effort.

If you have good Vid, please show me.
I think your friend is out playing you. He is beating you at reading what you are going to do. I don't think its a match-up thing. You gotta try to read your opponent correctly and be patient. Guys already gave you the solutions now its only a thing of mind games. Is he going for the full B124 or is he going only for B12?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
@Youphemism vs @Scott The Scot

These 2 should be able to contribute to this quite well!
Wasn't sure if I felt like contributing to this thread, I though Youph would have covered it by now.

Probably 6-4 Kano's favour, maybe worse but I can't say for sure since I'm not that experienced surprisingly. Not much Cassie can do about the knives (except the slow and unsafe EXBF4 on a read). With the knives controlling the pace of the match, Kano's usually in the driver seat and Cassie has to play his game. Once Cassie gets in it's better for her, but getting in can be really hard, however not impossible - a classic case of walk, block and wait your turn. But then of course Kano can run up and apply pressure or throw or bait a flip and because he can throw a knife at any time it's not so simple all of the time. If Kano is doing something like D4 or a string into regular knife or laser then Cassie should be punishing but I haven't played the MU in a while so I can't remember if Flip or S2 doesn't reach on one of them. Instant air guns are nothing in this MU imo but I'd still play Hollywood for the restand so you can keep the pressure on Kano - Spec Ops doesn't help because of the slow startup of the Missiles. If Cassie leaves any gaps in her pressure (there's a lot) then Kano should be actively looking to backdash (Or armour if you want) since it goes really far then he can start his zoning again. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how good Kano's B1 is for AA so Cassie shouldn't be jumping at all really.

You should leave some footage in the Kano threads and ask what you're doing wrong if you're struggling - I'm sure they'll help you throw more knives at Cassie

Idk, that's what I feel the MU's like but I'm not that great so take what I do with a grain of salt.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Wasn't sure if I felt like contributing to this thread, I though Youph would have covered it by now.

Probably 6-4 Kano's favour, maybe worse but I can't say for sure since I'm not that experienced surprisingly. Not much Cassie can do about the knives (except the slow and unsafe EXBF4 on a read). With the knives controlling the pace of the match, Kano's usually in the driver seat and Cassie has to play his game. Once Cassie gets in it's better for her, but getting in can be really hard, however not impossible - a classic case of walk, block and wait your turn. But then of course Kano can run up and apply pressure or throw or bait a flip and because he can throw a knife at any time it's not so simple all of the time. If Kano is doing something like D4 or a string into regular knife or laser then Cassie should be punishing but I haven't played the MU in a while so I can't remember if Flip or S2 doesn't reach on one of them. Instant air guns are nothing in this MU imo but I'd still play Hollywood for the restand so you can keep the pressure on Kano - Spec Ops doesn't help because of the slow startup of the Missiles. If Cassie leaves any gaps in her pressure (there's a lot) then Kano should be actively looking to backdash (Or armour if you want) since it goes really far then he can start his zoning again. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how good Kano's B1 is for AA so Cassie shouldn't be jumping at all really.

You should leave some footage in the Kano threads and ask what you're doing wrong if you're struggling - I'm sure they'll help you throw more knives at Cassie

Idk, that's what I feel the MU's like but I'm not that great so take what I do with a grain of salt.
I'm pulling this straight out of my ass but could brawler be the better variation in this MU? She has good oki, restand and can convert into full combo from a jik making her a lot harder to anti air

I know very little about cassie I'm just thinking out loud

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
This vid is kinda old but maybe it can help a lil. At scr i beat a cassie and ha casuals with cassies and they had a hard time. What every one said is how you win. It sounds like you have you make better reads though. Dont always back dash after b12(4). Sometimes take the 4 and armor the follow up cause he might want to push a button after.you can usually be safe wiffing a b1 cause its 9 frame recovery(make sure you dont try hitting buttons all the time after though). At jump distance it gets tricky but its in your favor. Read a jump? B1, d2, aa laser. Think she gonna be grounded? She throw a b1(2) you can wiff punish with b1 or f4 (range dependent) before she finishes the string. Hopefully it all helps.
Edit: also punish flip with f4 with ex flip you could prolly run and punish but i dont bother. If you block that its a free knife.

gibster13

A fan of fans
You have to believe…….

1) His d4 and f4 give Cassie quite a hard time in the neutral.
2)Throw knife wisely don't just spam them.
3)B1 stagger pressure is good. B1 in general is amazing. She shouldn't be able to jump at all.
4)Armour with exupball or exkanoball (can cancel it into a combo)
5)Make her come to you
6)Could try out Cutthorat. His knives and pressure do really well

Overall I think Kano handles Cassie pretty well. It my be tough but if so, throw more knives :D

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
When did you become a swarm queen main??????
Oh haha I had been using Venomous for a few weeks while practicing Swarm Queen bringing it up to speed. I would have used D'Vorah at DTN but I had to play Honeybee and hate mirror matches.

About last week or so I was able to play it as good as any character so I fully switched. Mainly using SQ/Venom D'Vorah and A-List/SD Johnny now. :eek:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Oh haha I had been using Venomous for a few weeks while practicing Swarm Queen bringing it up to speed. I would have used D'Vorah at DTN but I had to play Honeybee and hate mirror matches.

About last week or so I was able to play it as good as any character so I fully switched. Mainly using SQ/Venom D'Vorah and A-List/SD Johnny now. :eek:
The dream... What happened a to the dream...? :(

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm pulling this straight out of my ass but could brawler be the better variation in this MU? She has good oki, restand and can convert into full combo from a jik making her a lot harder to anti air
I know very little about cassie I'm just thinking out loud
No way in hell lol. Spec Ops or disadvantage.
I main brawler and it's so bad for Cassie. Vs. Kano is one of the main reasons I started learning spec ops. Him and Sub. Brawler has no distance options so you have to play out of your mind to get close and can't afford to make a mistake or else you're fullscreen again.

@pharras It seems like everyone pretty much covered all angles of the matchup. Kano has decent buttons and a top 5 backdash. Use the backdash or armor in the gap of the b1 string: b12(gap)4. Throw knives from far away, if it's a spec ops Cassie just be aware if she ever gets a missle off, especially EX missile since it tracks. Just work on your fundamentals (spacing, baiting, varied timing of projectiles). Try to see how your opponents react to buttons you press and at what distances they start to do different things (armor, d4, b1, jump, other). Adjust accordingly. Kano wins this MU based on that. Very simple gameplan needed, you just need to execute it well. Otherwise 50/50 city. :cool::cool: