What's new

Seriously, how good is f3,3 ?

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
Hello TYM,

I`ve seen alot of matches for different noob mainers, noticed the string f3,3 is so under used ( tho its decent and has a good reach ), my question is, do u think its any good?
coz usually i get blown up or crossed over for using it and i know its a good footsies tool.

what do u think of it ? do u think noob can maintain a good pressure with a 17f starter?

Thoughts ?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hello TYM,

I`ve seen alot of matches for different noob mainers, noticed the string f3,3 is so under used ( tho its decent and has a good reach ), my question is, do u think its any good?
coz usually i get blown up or crossed over for using it and i know its a good footsies tool.

what do u think of it ? do u think noob can maintain a good pressure with a 17f starter?

Thoughts ?
I think it's a really good string, I use it often. F3, F3 3, and F3 3 3 are all safe on block and can be canceled.

I do need to use F+3 a bit more. On block, you can cancel F+3,3,3 into Shadow Slide. No one ever expects that, but if they do, cancel into an Upknee. On hit, F+3,3,3 pretty much grants a free throw.

I don't think Noob can maintain continuous blockstring pressure with F+3, as it is 17 frames. Best to mix it up with other moves.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I think it's really damn good. It's his only other normal other than b1 that can't be ducked. Use it for pressure and throw setups.

InFlames

dead
It's under-used because it's slow and, like you said, the opponent will most like jump over you. It's only good after a JIP, but in that case I would rather use B1214 because:

-It does more chip damage.
-B1 into Trow/Pressure.
-I can cancel into Up Knee/Slide.
-It has a low/high mix up.
-Does highest damage on ground when on hit.
-Sets up variant Blackhole setups.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
A friend use it to catch up and combo a falling opponent who has eaten a black hole in corner.
Madzin seems to use it as an anti-wakeup.

The f3 series is amazing.

Useful for pressure and it sets up throw attempts and an 50/50 mixup.
Sage pretty much hit the nail on the head. I wouldn't use it in pressure 100% of the time or anything because it is slow, but mixing it in fluidly works well. F3,3 can lead to a grab mix up, F3,3,3 into up knee leads to his 50/50. Also, builds solid meter. Already mentioned is that it is one of Noob's only mids, which means it hits crouching opponents. Get them accustomed to seeing F3, and they won't try to duck under your other pressure. Also has far reach, but you have to make sure you keep your opponent grounded, or they'll just blow you up for throwing it out there.

Edit: Also, if after an up knee on block, your opponent suspects you're coming in and tries to stop your advancement with a poke consistently, the F3 string will blow up their poke because of its reach and you will get free pressure afterwards.

D. R.

Noob
Wake ups have 12 frames of invincibilty. Doing special moves that are slower then 12 frames will get stuffed by normal moves/pokes. It's basic math.

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
Wake ups have 12 frames of invincibilty. Doing special moves that are slower then 12 frames will get stuffed by normal moves/pokes. It's basic math.
but i thought when they try to poke u out during those invincible 12 frames ( regardless of ur special attack start up duration ) they still wont be able to interrupt ur wake up, or was i deluded all this time? lol

so noob`s upknee is 16f, the first 12f are those invincible frames? meaning im succeptible to pokes during the last four frames?

sorry to sound like a retard but things look so random in mk9 some times, maybe im not supposed to understand meh

D. R.

Noob
... so noob`s upknee is 16f, the first 12f are those invincible frames? meaning im succeptible to pokes during the last four frames?
You are correct. Also, lying on the ground takes away from your invincibility frames; ie you lay on the ground an additional 6 frames, your wake up will only have 6 frames invincibility. Rolling back does not. EN specials have 20 frames invincibility, so Noob's EN Upknee is 100% safe AND unstuffable on wake up.

This is why the wake up mechanic is stupid in the first place and needs to be completely taken out come MK10. It only benefits 1/5 of the cast w/o meter.