What's new

[September 25th] Mortal Kombat X Pomona! (Pomona, CA)

Qiom

Noob
Time to TEST YOUR MIGHT! I will be hosting a MKX tournament on Friday, September 25th. Show your support for the SoCal scene and come on by. After this event, I will continue to host biweekly tournaments. Show how great you are and get known! We will be streaming matches on twitch, and have many self-proclaimed champions showing up. We will have 2 setups available, but have room for up to 8.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/qiom
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMFN_4vTo7R3acxQgBBwfRQ
challonge: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/ZPyG74cdSY
gofundme: gofund.me/z6g7p8n3

Address: 2310 S. Gambier Dr. Pomona, CA 91766

Venue Rules:
This will be held in my friend's backyard, so please respect the household. No drugs or alcohol is allowed, so DON'T ASK. We'll be selling soda and water for $1, and as for food, there's an In-N-Out and a Tacos Mexico nearby. You're more than welcome to bring your own food, but please clean up after yourself.

Times:
4:00pm - Venue opens. Come by early for practice, friendlies, or money matches.
5:00pm - Sign-ups begin.
5:30pm - Roll call for entrants
6:00pm - Tournament Begins
After 6pm, we will not be accepting entries.
EXCEPTION: If you call me (don't text, CALL) beforehand and let me know you'll be running late, I will sign you up. You can also RSVP your spot by texting, emailing me, or messaging me on facebook before the event day. I will accept pre-registrations.

Game Rules:
1. 90 seconds
2. Best 2 out of 3 rounds
3. Best 2 out of 3 games for pools
4. Best 3 out of 5 games for Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals
5. Winner must keep the same character and variation, loser can switch characters
6. Interactables On
7. Bring your own controller! We will not be providing any spare controllers/fight sticks, so come prepared!
8. DLC Characters will NOT be included this time.

Prices/Payouts
$5.00 Venue fee - Everybody that's going to play, whether you participate in the tournament or not, MUST pay venue fee. If you'll only be spectating, you can watch without paying.
$5.00 Pot fee - This money will go to the total payouts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place as follows:
1st - %60
2nd - %30
3rd - %10
Payouts may be changed to allow 4th or 5th if there are a large amount of players.

Discounts:
We will have 2 PS4's with the game available. If you want to bring your own setup (must include PS4/XB1, monitor, and MKX game), and are able to let us use it for the entire tournament, we will refund your venue fee at the end of the tournament. We have room for up to 8 stations, so if you bring it, we'll most likely use it. Remember, the more setups we have, the faster we can get this done! And you'll pay $5 instead of $10, so it's killing 2 birds with 1 stone!

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, contact me, David Mejia. Feel free to contact me through facebook, phone, or email. I might be busy, but I will most definitely answer within a 24 hour period. If you're calling me directly, I prefer any time before 5pm, as I will most likely be working.
CONTACT INFO:
email: [email protected]
phone number (text preferred): (909)242-3639

Attachments

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Oh man! This is like 10 minutes from my house. I will most definitely attend! Also I can most definitely lend my PS4, disc copy and Respective Controller but my monitor might be a bit of a problem. I'll shoot the TO a message, because I'm pretty damn happy there's a place in SoCal

Qiom

Noob
Woah! Great to see that the scene is definitely there and people are willing to come! Now time to address some things.

Is there going to be shade from the sun since its gonna be outdoor ?
Yes, there will be shade. The reason it starts at 6pm is so that there isn't terrible glare in the way. By the time the tournament starts, it'll be fine.

Awesome thanks, and I love the heat so I'm happy with
If you love the heat, you're insane, man. But that also means that you probably love SoCal. Fortunately, it's been cooling down these past couple of days.

Oh man! This is like 10 minutes from my house. I will most definitely attend! Also I can most definitely lend my PS4, disc copy and Respective Controller but my monitor might be a bit of a problem. I'll shoot the TO a message, because I'm pretty damn happy there's a place in SoCal
I have a spare monitor, so you can definitely bring the rest. It'd be much appreciated and I'll give you the venue fee discount for bringing it.

@Qiom Hey you should make a thread for that GoFundMe thing ya got going. Basically turn what's on that page into a thread. I definitely think it's worthy. And let me know so i can promote it for ya via TYM's social media. Post it here: http://testyourmight.com/forums/tym-news-feedback.198/

Also does any of this gathering/tourney have a logo etc? Please let me know :coffee:
I made this thread a bit rushed and didn't want to go straight into asking for money when I barely joined the forum, but I'll make a thread there. The MKX tournament itself doesn't have a logo yet, just the actual "The Training Room" logo is all I have in that department. I'll keep you updated, though.

Qiom

Noob

Tim Static

Adminerator
I made this thread a bit rushed and didn't want to go straight into asking for money when I barely joined the forum, but I'll make a thread there. The MKX tournament itself doesn't have a logo yet, just the actual "The Training Room" logo is all I have in that department. I'll keep you updated, though.
No worries. One of the main reasons TYM exists is because we wanted a place to support the offline scene. What your doing is exactly that. :)
http://imgur.com/tgV0XOh
Here's the Training Room logo, by the way.
Cool, i'll hang on to it for now :coffee:

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
This is like totally grassroots where I'm at. So @Qiom I can most definitely bring my PS4, Controller Pad, and Game. I've got all DLC and Costumes excluding Gold Scorpion so it's pretty legit. Thanks man for doing this!

Qiom

Noob
This is like totally grassroots where I'm at. So @Qiom I can most definitely bring my PS4, Controller Pad, and Game. I've got all DLC and Costumes excluding Gold Scorpion so it's pretty legit. Thanks man for doing this!
No problem! Thank you for being active in the community. I dropped like $100 getting 2 copies of the game, and as soon as I have the first tournament done, I'll use the money to buy the DLC, so everybody can choose anybody.

No worries. One of the main reasons TYM exists is because we wanted a place to support the offline scene. What your doing is exactly that. :)

Cool, i'll hang on to it for now :coffee:
Seriously, man. Thanks a ton for helping me out. It means a lot and that's a donation all it's own.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
No problem! Thank you for being active in the community. I dropped like $100 getting 2 copies of the game, and as soon as I have the first tournament done, I'll use the money to buy the DLC, so everybody can choose anybody.

Seriously, man. Thanks a ton for helping me out. It means a lot and that's a donation all it's own.
unfortunately i cant bring my monitor otherwise i would bring my entire set up, i cant risk bringing it on a 3 to 4 hour drive from santa barbara to there
i would be willing to supply my console though since i have all the dlcs, but i know you dont exactly have room for that, also will it be streamed?

Tim Static

Adminerator

haha i got more tho! PM me & i'll get you 2 Goro, 2 KP's, and if you get a 3rd PS4, i might be able to get you full game plus DLC. Just let me know. :coffee:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
okay i just looked at the times of when i am available @Qiom and im really sorry but i cant make it, i will go to the next one though. i will be visiting my family in pennsylvania during that time.