What's new

[Sep 21, 2013] Game Underground Monthly Tournament (MK + Injustice and MORE) (Framingham, MA)

You know what? Fuck it. Im in. Someone has to rep Bane. Besides if I want to become a tournament caliber player I gotta start playing in tournaments.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

NurzBenny

Old Member
Will be there obviously. Some Connecticut New Challengers guys said they were down to come. Error get out that hell hole that is New Bedford and come get this work

P3irce

Noob
Hey I'm thinking about going can anyone give me a rundown on how things work, like venue fee's, signing up, can people just watch without paying, etc ? I'm completely new to this sort of thing but I'm interested.

Hey I'm thinking about going can anyone give me a rundown on how things work, like venue fee's, signing up, can people just watch without paying, etc ? I'm completely new to this sort of thing but I'm interested.

If you plan on entering a tournament for a game, you have to pay a venue fee. If you just want to watch, you don't have to pay anything. After you pay the venue fee, you pay the fee for the game you want to enter. Some might be more than others... for example, MK is $5 I think while Injustice is $10. As far as signing up, you just go up to the tournament organizer, give them the required money, and tell them the name you'll be entering under. There's a cutoff for the signups and once that cutoff occurs, the brackets are made and then the tournament starts.

P3irce

Noob
If you plan on entering a tournament for a game, you have to pay a venue fee. If you just want to watch, you don't have to pay anything. After you pay the venue fee, you pay the fee for the game you want to enter. Some might be more than others... for example, MK is $5 I think while Injustice is $10. As far as signing up, you just go up to the tournament organizer, give them the required money, and tell them the name you'll be entering under. There's a cutoff for the signups and once that cutoff occurs, the brackets are made and then the tournament starts.
Thanks man that's exactly what I needed, much appreciated

JavierDavila

ALWAYS an uphill battle...
Is there any way to get updates for this tournament? I live in Leominster and would really like to go, but I just find out about it minutes ago, thanks to a tym post on fb.

CRUM

Noob
Is there any way to get updates for this tournament? I live in Leominster and would really like to go, but I just find out about it minutes ago, thanks to a tym post on fb.
What do you mean by updates? Like who won? I'm not sure who won because the tournament took forever to run and I really wasn't down for watching Superman mirrors any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

CRUM

Noob
P3irce you're Ares is awesome bro. Nice to see that you made it out and hope to see you a events in the future.

RESULTS for MK :
1. CptXecution (Sub Zero)
2. Mastur Cheef (Cyrax)
3. crosstalk (Cage and Kabal)
4. CRUM (Cage and Lao)

RESULTS for Injustice :
I left after the last mid tier player was eliminated. Gridman, Benbeeach, a black Adam and an Aquaman were in top 4. Not sure how it panned out.

P3irce

Noob
P3irce you're Ares is awesome bro. Nice to see that you made it out and hope to see you a events in the future.

RESULTS for MK :
2. Mastur Cheef (Cyrax)
4. CRUM (Cage and Lao)

RESULTS for Injustice :
I left after the last mid tier player was eliminated. Gridman, Benbeeach, a black Adam and an Aquaman were in top 4. Not sure how it panned out.

Haha it was sloppy I didn't realize how nervous I was going to get, I'm def coming back next one there are casuals / a tourney, someone's gotta rep ares

NurzBenny

Old Member
^ Good shit Craig. Couldn't do that mirror, makes my brain hurt.

CT |Dom is my boy from Connecticut, his black adam is legit, legit. He's good for a top 3 wherever he goes. CT | Issac was the aquaman. Don't kno how he got that far lol

CRUM my poor crum. Supes and black adam, every time. Only 2 weeks til the patch.

P3irce good stuff man. Ares supes is bullshit lol You gonna be scary come October 1st

CptXecution good stuff all around, both games. Earned that MK victory. Lost a heart breaker in Injustice

That hour and change between winners semis and winners finals had me in whatever mode. But I'll take my MUCH DESERVED top 3, all is right with the world again. Carry on gentlemen

NurzBenny

Old Member
I'll be in Cumberland next week. Last tourney for this iteration of the game. It'll prob be small, but that just leaves us more time for casuals and like non superman/Black adam matches lol

So CptXecution wins MK but loses Injustice? What bizarro world were we in on Saturday? Haha. Good games though. We might have to counterpick with even harder counterpicks next time haha.

RESULTS for MK :
2. Mastur Cheef (Cyrax)
4. CRUM (Cage and Lao)

RESULTS for Injustice :

Don't forget Steve played Sheeva that one game like a dick lol.