What's new

[Sep 16, 2011] Local Battles & Kombat Network presents... Salty Battles V

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
You couldn't watch it on the IPod because of the hyper speed audio, random fast forwards and stutters, and the stream freezing due to that. Even people on PCs complained to my knowledge.
I thought this too when I came home and started watching (whole stream looked like hyper kombat), and then I found out the simple solution: changing quality to 480p+.

Had a nice time meeting a lot of you last night. Was a good first experience. LOst in the tournament to ryu but won a lot of casuals. I'll get better!

AC1984

Kaballin!
Congratulations to CD jr. for taking it. you rule dude!!

GGs everyone, had tons of fun as usual!!!!!

Special thanks to Local Battles and 9.95 for running the show!!!

Extra special props to SwiftTomHanks for the outstanding performance yesterday. Great job man!!!

CD jr

Noob
this was a great tournament like always. shout outs to everyone that made it you guys are amazing.also i want to give a special shout out to teef, dude it was a pleasure to meet you man you are so cool hope to see you soon.also i want to thank bifuteki for the stream and phill for running the tournament. cant wait for the next salty battles this time we got 41 lets try to get 50 next time. also can we at least have a crt for the stream? that will be awesome.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Had a great time once again. Despite the HP's being a tad laggy, all of them are the same - so once you adapt at least you have adapted for the rest of the night. No tournament set up is perfect; I really like what LB has going on to be honest. Thanks to all the staff for hosting!

Phil, you ran a super smooth bracket. Best bracketeer so far in my opinion.

Congrats to everyone and their wins; can't wait to see everyone again soon.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Despite my negative experience (it might've been better if I didn't have the luck of CDjr being sent to losers first round), shoutouts to SwiftTomHanks for getting me pizza.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Can I get a shoutout for placing 9th (I think)? Or I made it to my pool's winner finals lost to REO then lost to CD JR.... but dammit I was close!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome tourny the TVs were giving everyone problems but I still had ton of fun. Also thanks to Ezail for driving me, I wouldn't have been able to make it out to Salty Battles if it weren't for him

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Salty Battles and a day

I made small journal about my experience in summer jam, though i didnt post it...why i really dont know! as time passed by, i really find my self Busy and kind of lost track of everything due to work, school, and preparing my self to graduate from Art Major this coming semester;Wish me luck, cause i've been in college for 9 years now! i swear:S

This time, i am not gonna miss writing up this small Journal, simply because i had a Blast. I dont know from where to start, though i have some pin points that i have to mention! i cannot skip them!

First off , i want to thank Everyone who was their yesterday! seriously, i attended PLENTY of other tournaments! and i NEVER in my life! seen such friendly and amazing personalities when it comes to the players! everyone is happy, everyone is respectful, everyone Knows everyone and care for them.....no shit talking, no dis respect, instead everyone smile and happy EVEN if they lost in the tournament. I made tons of friendships their at salty battle and Summer jam, and seriously i am honored to know everyone, and Pleased that they offered me the challenge of fighting them as well as COMPLETE fun and laughter with each other :). simply this feels like home to me, surrounded by you guys.....i am simply not lying, i am not exaggerating, but thank you MK community for allowing me to become a friend with you guys, and thank you for knowing you all

Secondly, Thank you Local battles for Having me, and us! such a great place. everyone is Chill, always helping, and Very respectful. Hopefully, when i get financially better, i will try to support this place for sure. it's the least of what i can do, and i bet a lot of others think the same way

Thirdly, this paragraph is dedicated to my team mates, my spar buddies. Ac1984 (simon), and Swifttomhanks (Andrew). heh, like always guys, i am proud of you hehe :p. Tomhanks, sexy you! you dont imagine how happy me and simon were yesterday for you BEING in top 8 man! you did a lot of effort, and we know that! so u deserve to have your fun man :) now it's time to step you up to become the best Sektor in the U.S and dominate more...be prepared for an MK Guantanamo Camp lol
Thanks to you and simon for always picking me up guys, seriously :). looking forward for our next session....also, be prepared for an Incoming Egyptian Dinner @ me casa lol

Fourth, This is dedicated to CD Jr. Seriously, i met great personalities from the MK community. i cherish them as well as respect them because of Many reasons! Andrew(swifttomhanks), Simon, Check, and jimmy! yesterday, i added a new friend and an AMAZING Player to my list(hehe)....this person ofcourse doesnt need introductions, it's CD.JR
Amazing player first of all! at first, at summer jam...i was like, Rain becoming top? hmm, interesting...i wonder what is CD.JR main is. yesterday, i was shocked to know it was Jax O_O. when i knew it was jax, i was like, CD jr is either playin just for fun with those two characters instead of tier whoring..OR! seriously, this guy is a NO JOKE PERIOD!

of course it was the second option, CD JR is by far one of the best PLAYERS i seen, Played against in MK9 Scene Period! dont think twice about it if you never met CD JR or saw him. CD JR is simply a walking beast. i Lost MISERABLY to him...i've never been so confused in my life except against few (which are VVV REO, Eric Warda, and CD JR). CD JR, you dont miss with him. I am not kiddin, i never seen such AMAZING reactions like that! not even the other top players i fought...simply un describable.
now far from him being a character....he has an amazing personality. VERY VERY friendly, very chill, and very respectful! i am really pleased and happy to know such a person like CD JR. seriously, these are what humans should be man haha :)

CD JR, it was a pleasure to know you man in every way :) take care of your self and hope to see you soon. also , best of luck for you in this MK9 scene career...really, you proved to Me and all of us , more than once, that your the Idol player for Mk9.

EDIT:I just read your post haha...ty man ^_^ like wise in here of course hehe. take care of yourself until we meet next time.

Finally, the players in there!! OMG! what a competition. Eric warda. such a great player man....simply one of the best Kabal(if not the best kabal). So far, His kabal is the first to ever stumble and struggle against like that man! he showed me some stuff , i never even knew it was possible with Kabal!! OMG instant dash cancel into poke!
simply an amazing player indeed.

to everyone, ty all, and all of you are great personalities and players. i had a blast, hopefully me,swifttom and ac1984 will be their at the sessions again for sure....more MK hype we need :p

Special thanks to everyone as well, who respected me, cheered for me, played against/with me, and who knew me! i am really pleased to know you as well as meet you in person as well
Thanks to
-Check. such a great helpful guy...seriously!
-Jim. JIMMY!! ^_^
-VVV rep. Such a Solid Player
-CD JR. Simply put, he IS already the MK9 idol! such a great outstanding player, BE SCARED of him if ur are not alrdy! because"god bless" every tournament from now on will be in his pocket with a lot of back up friends cheering for him.
-Tom Brady. Very friendly and chil guy who likes to laugh as well. great player
-CD brothers in general. Dominican and maxter...such amazing personalities and chilly people. that ofcourse besides the fact that they are GREAT! players too haha...awsm family indeed
-Citizen snip. BE AFRAID OF HIS REP! in the mirror match between me and him, it was back and forth and WAS SO CLOSE! simply put, he won 4-3! FEAR HIS REPTILE! haha
-Eric warda, such a great Kabal player....i cant desribe it, really...a walking machine as well
-KT Smith. very friendly awsm player!
-Dave / turtle suit Very friendly guy indeed! nice to meet you man :)
-Hitoshura. ^_^ he's the man! haha....really! this guy got such love to mk9 man...i wish we all had it like him haha
-9.95 ! sucha great hoster/streamer. Thank you so much for your work man, really! it's a pleasue to meet you :)
-Sabin/Arturo. i really didnt have the chance to either play with him or talk to him that much! though, he's a really nice guy. pleasure to know you as well man, and ty for knowing my name haha
-Simon and tom hanks....My buhhddies ^_^ great job guys
-Mike: Pimpuigi. hehe , wuts up Daaawg ! ^_^ had fun commentating yesterday huh? great stuff man! am happy u enjoyed ur time as well :)
-Shadowzerokyo: hehe very nice guy indeed ! pleasure to meet u man

to everyone else if i missed you, i apologize if i did! though it was a pleasure to meet u, play with/against you and knowing you as well!

PS: there was this Sexy girl who turned me on by her GREAT cyrax lol!! all i have to say is, keep it up! hopefully next time we can play some matches maybe, as well as get to know u better :p?

thank you all, and hope to see you all next time !

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
all of us in here. except me ofcourse, i was takin the pic haha

Another copy

They didnt know it was coming: Check and maxter

Me and Maxter

Simon, Andrew and Cd Jr

Andrew and CD Jr

Weird stuff! :p citizensnips and arturo...didnt know it was coming

Miscs pics

^_^

Too much mk i would say

And this , is from me

Sig: Teef

PS: last one, cause tis funny

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Can I get a shoutout for placing 9th (I think)? Or I made it to my pool's winner finals lost to REO then lost to CD JR.... but dammit I was close!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome tourny the TVs were giving everyone problems but I still had ton of fun. Also thanks to Ezail for driving me, I wouldn't have been able to make it out to Salty Battles if it weren't for him
haha man, same here exactly....wtf.... it was the EXACT same as well in summer jam O_O (as of standing)...but this time, it was even the same players that took us out.....alright, next time, HOPEFULLY we will be in a better easy pool with no OP players :p

PS: and no laggy tv's >_> .....lol

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Teef you seem like a pretty cool guy, wish I talked to you a bit more. And OP players in your bracket? Lol I was the one who had to go against your Kenshi and then CDjr's jax. Talk about a waste of money for me.

iNFUSiON

Focus on your focus
Very nice turn out yesterday. Even tho I didn't do as well as I wanted to, I got took out by 2 elite players. SwiftTomHanks (Secktor) & Riu48 (Cage). I kinda froze up in those matches but its all good. Consider my cherry popped!! It my first tourny ppl. I didn't expect to go in there and wreck shop my first tyme out. But I definetly met some cool ass dudes. Teef cool as fuck, KT, Brady, CD bros., Jim, Sam, John (thanks for the ride) 9.95 dudes hilarious. To all I forgot my bad. Congrats to Jax CDjr. Beasted the comp. For me coming out to this tourney has made me thirst for more. I will def be attening more wit my boy Check. GGs peeps! See u next tyme around!

Infusion out-

CD jr

Noob
teef you are an amazing guy and again dude it was such a pleasure to meet you.thanks for the special shout out it really means alot to me.good luck with you college graduation, i started college this year and i already hate it lol.

CD jr

Noob
also at kt smith dude im sorry we didnt play more causals almost every set up was being used next time i promise to play with you as much as you want

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
also at kt smith dude im sorry we didnt play more causals almost every set up was being used next time i promise to play with you as much as you want
Dude, it's totally cool. You were busy whipping everyones ass.

I was actually a little surprised at first because you knew who I was lol.

I want to start coming out to valley stream Thursdays and play with you guys. And although I was fuckin up against you, I swear I'm not normally that dumb. But, I am tryina level up Smoke to tournament champion status.

Congrats, btw. You totally earned it.

@teef

Crap I remember seeing you a couple times last night, from seeing the picture you posted.... wish I knee you were that teef, your actually the reason I started playing reptile.....stumbled on that wicked reptile guide on YouTube a while back....hopefully youll be at sb6 Ill say hello

Matix218

Get over here!
Hello all, this is Tyler (Matix)

Great tournament!

Shoutouts to CDjr for the win!

Also to:

Swifttomhanks: Great meeting you man! Since I am so near king of prussia I def wanna start playing offline with you man! Also great sektor play

Hitoshura: Always the life of the party!

Toksik Shok: Great match against your reptile, it was nice meeting you!

JamesMK: Awesome playing all of those casual matches with you man, very fun!

Erik Warda: Great guy, great player! It was an honor watching you play all of those matches on my PS3 when you first got there :D

Teef: Super nice guy!

9.95/Localbattles: Thnaks for running a great tournament!

So glad I went!

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming

Shoutout to Snips! Your matches were sooo close.

Sabin

Elder God
Good shit to CDjr for taking it again. CD brothers have literally dominated MK9 in the past month between the 3 guys. actually between the last month or two.

Nice meeting everyone too, sorry if I wasn't into MK last night as much as I normally am, Tougeki is a once in a year thing and I was really excited about that. Shoutouts to LB for being so hospitable.

Teef man wanted to talk to you more about Kenshi bro lol.
Good meeting everyone good games. Fuck cyrax lmao.

everyone else in the MK community knows what it is. You know it's bad when I get on Jaxel's stream and get trolled for being a mortal monster lol.