What's new

[Sep 16, 2011] Local Battles & Kombat Network presents... Salty Battles V

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I'm bring all of Philly and Baltimore with me this Friday. However we can't leave Philly until 4pm. I doubt we'll make it by 6:30... probably closer to 7pm. I don't want to hold the tournament up for us, I just wanted to let everyone know and see if this would be a true problem.

I also can not take anyone extra with me this time, sorry! We have a full car of 5 to 6 people in a car that holds... 4 people.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm bring all of Philly and Baltimore with me this Friday. However we can't leave Philly until 4pm. I doubt we'll make it by 6:30... probably closer to 7pm. I don't want to hold the tournament up for us, I just wanted to let everyone know and see if this would be a true problem.

I also can not take anyone extra with me this time, sorry! We have a full car of 5 to 6 people in a car that holds... 4 people.
Isn't Philly to NYC only like 2 hours?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Takes me about 3 hours to get to Local Battles... I have to round the peeps up then head out so I guess that's where the extra hour comes into play. I'm also a little outside Philly, away from NYC.

localbattles

Gaming Center
Takes me about 3 hours to get to Local Battles... I have to round the peeps up then head out so I guess that's where the extra hour comes into play. I'm also a little outside Philly, away from NYC.
SwiftTomHanks is BOSS. Wow, I hope Philly takes it this time to keep NYC on it's toes!

Competition's going to be tough. I'm hoping to get some casuals before the tourney so I could play okay. This will only be my 2nd tourney.

Nathan Frost

Cybernetic Pyro Maniac
Oh man SB 5 is going to be epic. I wish i could make it out to this one, but my little girl will be turning 2 so i`ll be partying with her. I`m rooting for the local battle crew. Hope you all make top 8!

Noob
I will be in attendance on Friday to run the MK9 tournament.

Do you guys want a UMK3 tournament? I can bring it if we're going to play... regardless I will have a UMK3 casuals station set up and will be helping to teach people the basics of the game during the night.

I will also likely be competing in 3sOE.

I am also going to try and bring some fellow VSM players with me.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Hello!

you guys excited for Fridays local Battle :)....me too. will be fun
here's a small list of some of Philly competitors that are joining....big thanks to the Big man and champ,Swifttomhanks :)

-Swifttomhanks
-ac1984
-Phase3
-Ezail (Very possible.... so lets cross our fingers)
-Citizensnips (same deal...no craig, no Snips :( )
-Pimpuigi (Very possible)
-Belly (very possible, him and steve will come with their own car)

and me

not bad huh >_>....tryin to make the scene bigger in philly. finally got a hold of some solid Philly players around me. University of pinbal players, i will hit them up soon to check their current level and do casuals and get to know those players ^_^...hopefully it will grow faster

I need move out to the NY/NJ Scene after high school because theres nothing here where i live. Plus SB5 is on my B-day >_>

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
What kind of place is this that there are two Sheeva's and two Sektor's under one building -and 0 Kung Lao's (Check don't count, he plays everyone)
jay kay my main is kung lao now

24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat24hat

Matix218

Get over here!
Ill be there, I even convinced my girlfriend to come to SB5! Only lame thing is I probably wont be able to get off work until 5 and I live almost 2 hours away (1:40 according to mapquest but it will be close to rush hour...) so hopefully I can get there in time. I see in the first post they are trying to start at 6:30 sharp...

Ill do my best to get there quickly!

Turnout for MK is really hype, we had 26 at SB4, its looking like there will be 40+ this time! Shit, there was 60 at Summer Jam 5 which was a major!

If you have a Xbox360 converter or dual modded stick, please bring it. Since the turnout is looking so good, I want to have as many setups as possible for casual play even during the tournament. With the shortage of PS3's & the abundance of 360's at LB, we will setup some 360's for MK as well. The tournament is being run on PS3's so once that starts, we will be allocating them to mainly tournament play to speed things up.

Glad to see everyone coming out to support the MK scene, drive safe & see ya tomorrow night!

redeyes

Button Masher
wont be able to make it guys )': maybe the one in October ill be there! best of luck to everyone!

Anywhere is pretty out of the way for most people! But it's right off exit 8A off the turnpike. A lot of people live in central new jersey.