What's new

Sektors corner game revised: WITH VIDEO

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Is it possible to use the up missile midscreen after a 12b1, f4 f4 tu? Or, what knockdowns does it work reasonably well after when you're midscreen?

Also, is it possible to sticky this thread?
The best thing to do is f4 up missle. You normally need an ex tu to have enough time to do it though. If you do b2 up missle they can easily wakeup attack you but if they roll then wakeup attack you can block it.

If you do f4 up missle then they have to roll to wakeup attack to punish you or they can roll away to avoid the missle. If you do f43 up missle then they'll have to block the up missle I think. Theres ways to get out of it so it will improve when sektor can cancel into the other variations of up missle but its still decent because very few people know about each way to get out.

Robotic

Gentleman.
The best thing to do is f4 up missle. You normally need an ex tu to have enough time to do it though. If you do b2 up missle they can easily wakeup attack you but if they roll then wakeup attack you can block it.

If you do f4 up missle then they have to roll to wakeup attack to punish you or they can roll away to avoid the missle. If you do f43 up missle then they'll have to block the up missle I think. Theres ways to get out of it so it will improve when sektor can cancel into the other variations of up missle but its still decent because very few people know about each way to get out.
Try this: instead of F4 upmissile, finish with D4 upmissile. Make sure the D4 hits when the opponent is still in the air. I use this more than any other option because the window to react is smaller for this move than for the other 2. I could still be high from Salvia, but give it a shot, I love it. The tech rolls and wakeups still apply, but the window is smaller.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
be weary with some of your up missiles in terms of block strings, on block a lot of moves when blocked are better to lead into either a poke or a throw, the UM leaves you very open and gives them a large window to escape which loses momentum on your side.

the last thing you want is to give kano a free upball or cage a free flash kick.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
yeah of course, i just need to find out how to get dazzle dvd recorder on my pc lol, i installed it on my laptop but that was a few years back. lost the disc!

the guide will cover EVERYTHING, oh and by the way. Theres no point doing a homing rocket, the up rocket will do everything a homing missile will do :p
Great post. I am always wasting meter on my corner combos by using the EX homing missle. This helped alot. Thanks.

I don't know if someone already mentioned this or not, but after b34 you can 122 into up missle for more damage and better pressure (they fall slower after chest explosion)

I don't know if someone already mentioned this or not, but after b34 you can 122 into up missle for more damage and better pressure (they fall slower after chest explosion)
yeah after b34 in the corner you can do 12 12 1222 or b34 12 122 or b34 122 like you mentioned

This strat has been nothing but success so far since i started using up missle instead of flame for corner
neutral jp mized in works very well cuz it seems to make them about the upmissle

ryublaze

Noob
Hey Ketchup great corner tech. I've been using it mixed with b3, 4, 1, 2, 2, up missile.

EDIT: Sorry, I must have misread the damage. The 1,2,b1,f4,1,2,2,um string actually does 29%. So ignore this post. :/

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Question about this corner stuff. I've been doing b121, b21, 122~um just like you have, but for mixups, I've also been doing b34~tu, dash under opponent putting them back in the corner, 122~um, and u34~tu, dash under, 122~um.

Is there a down side to canceling the b34/u34 into teleport, dashing under, then finishing or is it better to just go with the b34/u34~um?

Looking for as much detail as possible here to try and up my game. I'll work on it tonight and see if I can get any info, but if any of you already have some knowledge of the situation, that would be quite helpful.

ryublaze

Noob
Question about this corner stuff. I've been doing b121, b21, 122~um just like you have, but for mixups, I've also been doing b34~tu, dash under opponent putting them back in the corner, 122~um, and u34~tu, dash under, 122~um.

Is there a down side to canceling the b34/u34 into teleport, dashing under, then finishing or is it better to just go with the b34/u34~um?

Looking for as much detail as possible here to try and up my game. I'll work on it tonight and see if I can get any info, but if any of you already have some knowledge of the situation, that would be quite helpful.
It's easier to confirm b34 into 122 um. Using a teleport only adds 2% more damage.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
but it looks so cool. /forever alone

yeah i'll just stick with whats easy. 2% doesn't really matter compared to the 40+% you get if you catch them with the 12b1 corner string.

Allow me to bring this topic back from the grave! I was thinking (as most Sektor's player do- think). After the latest tier list dropped everyone is has been split between "those that accept the tier list" and "those that wish to push their player to the top". You know where I'm going with this...LETS PUT SEKTOR on top (ambitious I know). I bring this topic back up because I believe it fleshes out Sektor's corner game (something that until this post I didn't know existed)! Toast to Ketchup!

n9195v

Noob
I've been doing it with back34 122 UpMissile

If they respect the UpMissile I jump in the air and do a NJP (over head starter that give you another UpMissile situation NJP Back21 122 UpMissile ) or jump in the air land and do Back34 (low starter that gives you another UpMissile situation back34 122 UpMissile). If they block the NJP I go for Down4 Grab or Down4 dash 12 Pressure.