What's new

Sektors corner game revised: WITH VIDEO

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
hey, just a quick rundown of my own personal corner game with sektor. After much experimentation this is what i do on a regular basis.

Hope this helps!

Good stuff ketchup, care if i add this to my stickied corner combos thread? Ill edit it and give you props and edit the thread name as well, i try to inform other sektor players about this and get little feedback, i hope since your a well known sektor player that it gets alot of views since this is a vital part of sektors game. Homing missles in corner! even more deadly! lol. great stuff cant wait for your sektor tutorial vids so everyone can give sektor more respect.

PND_Ketchup

Good stuff ketchup, care if i add this to my stickied corner combos thread? Ill edit it and give you props and edit the thread name as well, i try to inform other sektor players about this and get little feedback, i hope since your a well known sektor player that it gets alot of views since this is a vital part of sektors game. Homing missles in corner! even more deadly! lol. great stuff cant wait for your sektor tutorial vids so everyone can give sektor more respect.
yeah of course, i just need to find out how to get dazzle dvd recorder on my pc lol, i installed it on my laptop but that was a few years back. lost the disc!

the guide will cover EVERYTHING, oh and by the way. Theres no point doing a homing rocket, the up rocket will do everything a homing missile will do :p

yeah of course, i just need to find out how to get dazzle dvd recorder on my pc lol, i installed it on my laptop but that was a few years back. lost the disc!

the guide will cover EVERYTHING, oh and by the way. Theres no point doing a homing rocket, the up rocket will do everything a homing missile will do :p
it would make it so even if kung lao spun you outta that uprocket the missle would track his spin, other advancing wake ups too, idk more of like a mind game where the opponent has to turtle or the rocket will eat them

but yeah, not a really good advantage for using hte homing missle while you can build meter off the up missle rocket..you try finding a pirated version?

Robotic

Gentleman.
Brilliant. I will incorporate this as soon as I can. I will do 12b1, b21, 12, 122upmissile on everyone except Kung Lao, where I will shorten the combo a bit.

Incorporating this with 12b1, b21, 12, 122 torch and following it with either b34 combo, throw, 21d4 dash, or just plain repeat 12b1 combo (works 50% of the time and is devastating) will create an absolute nightmare in the corner.

Favor: I don't have anyone offline to play against. Can anyone compile a list of characters where 12b1, b21, 122 upmissile instead of the extended combo is better to do? Ex: Kung Lao in that video due to Stupid Spin?

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
This is great.

I don't play Sektor, but I love TYM for the simple fact that I can absorb information almost daily.

Keep it comin fellas. UK, USA, I don't give a shit if you're from outer space. As long as you play Mortal Kombat it's all good!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Interesting. I'm glad more Sektor tech is being brought to light, certainly one of the better characters in MK9, now if only they'd improve the range on his mid!

Crathen

Death is my business
Good stuff indeed Ketchup , hopefully i'll post a Sektor Guide today so we can keep the discussion going ( it's still incomplete because i'm waiting the next patch for the upmissile fix wich will make his Upmissile oki game really dangerous even midscreen ) , btw if you can hit confirm b34 into a Tu you still get a full combo ( wich will end in another missile setup ) try doing b34 dash foward ( switching sides ) 122 upmissile for another safe upmissile setup.

PND_Ketchup

Good stuff indeed Ketchup , hopefully i'll post a Sektor Guide today so we can keep the discussion going ( it's still incomplete because i'm waiting the next patch for the upmissile fix wich will make his Upmissile oki game really dangerous even midscreen ) , btw if you can hit confirm b34 into a Tu you still get a full combo ( wich will end in another missile setup ) try doing b34 dash foward ( switching sides ) 122 upmissile for another safe upmissile setup.
Yeah that's a cool setup if you're standing up in the corner, i usually find myself poking at them untill i can get some space out of the corner to be honest, as good as it is for them to be in the corner, sektor struggles when he's cornered. especially if they know how to snuff his wakeup D:

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Brilliant. I will incorporate this as soon as I can. I will do 12b1, b21, 12, 122upmissile on everyone except Kung Lao, where I will shorten the combo a bit.

Incorporating this with 12b1, b21, 12, 122 torch and following it with either b34 combo, throw, 21d4 dash, or just plain repeat 12b1 combo (works 50% of the time and is devastating) will create an absolute nightmare in the corner.

Favor: I don't have anyone offline to play against. Can anyone compile a list of characters where 12b1, b21, 122 upmissile instead of the extended combo is better to do? Ex: Kung Lao in that video due to Stupid Spin?
Your vulnerable for a very long period after 12b1 b21 12 122 up missle. Even slower wakeups will hit you out of it and it doesn't matter how well you timed it. The only chars you should do 12 122 up missle on are quan and shang, as far as I know. Everyone else 122 upmissle is the way to go.

Great stuff ketchup.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Good Stuff to Ketchup for getting this out there. Ive been using this corner game since May but none of my local tourny matches are ever recorded and I'm too lazy to put guides together.

I also have some other new corner tech involving b1 and neutral jump punch that I will discuss or just tell ketchup so he can add it to his guide when I finish testing out all the kinks.

I approve of the in depth analysis. Btw....U can just just do b34, 122, Up Missile to continue the pressure, instead of just b34, up missile.

Also, if you know your opponent is gonna get up and not do a wakeup in fear of getting it blocked and punished, then you can do your combo, up missile and then leg lift. From the leg lift, you can go into the overhead, b34 or throw. The leg lift scares a lot of people into blocking high though so doing a leg lift right into b34 catches a lot of people.

But no more for now, gotta keep some of this other tech to myself lol.

PND_Ketchup

Good Stuff to Ketchup for getting this out there. Ive been using this corner game since May but none of my local tourny matches are ever recorded and I'm too lazy to put guides together.

I also have some other new corner tech involving b1 and neutral jump punch that I will discuss or just tell ketchup so he can add it to his guide when I finish testing out all the kinks.

I approve of the in depth analysis. Btw....U can just just do b34, 122, Up Missile to continue the pressure, instead of just b34, up missile.

Also, if you know your opponent is gonna get up and not do a wakeup in fear of getting it blocked and punished, then you can do your combo, up missile and then leg lift. From the leg lift, you can go into the overhead, b34 or throw. The leg lift scares a lot of people into blocking high though so doing a leg lift right into b34 catches a lot of people.

But no more for now, gotta keep some of this other tech to myself lol.
you CAN 1,2,2 but you can't hit confirm it very well, considering the B3,4,UM motion is very fast in an actual situation it's kinda hard to not commit to the UM, if you're wrong you're losing potential damage AND pressure.

And the leg lift isnt that useful, as its slow if the opponent does do a wakeup attack you're going to get the full brunt of it.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I've been able to hit confirm the 122 online and in offline tournys 100% of the time. Their is no reason to not do it consistently.

And I think you misread my leg lift tactic. IF YOU KNOW YOUR OPPONENT WILL NOT WAKEUP, thanks to previous pressure and probably getting punished hard, then you can leg lift before they even stand. What that means is a 50/50 mixup you can input right when they are standing.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Wth was this magically hotfixed within the last few minutes? I've done this before and obviously the video proves it but I just tried against the cpu in training and I got spun out and slided by SZ.

Someone confirm I'm going crazy or does this not work now?

PND_Ketchup

I've been able to hit confirm the 122 online and in offline tournys 100% of the time. Their is no reason to not do it consistently.

And I think you misread my leg lift tactic. IF YOU KNOW YOUR OPPONENT WILL NOT WAKEUP, thanks to previous pressure and probably getting punished hard, then you can leg lift before they even stand. What that means is a 50/50 mixup you can input right when they are standing.
there is no way to KNOW they wont do a wakeup attack, the idea of the corner setups ive showed is that its safe, what you're suggesting would put sektor at risk and not only will you take damage they'll take you away from the corner and potentially put you in the corner for that one mistake. II said after experimentation for a reason as ive explored as many options as i could think of and in my opinion its best to keep it as safe as possible, you dont wanna build all that meter to have to use it on a breaker for an error you made.

If it works for you though by all means keep up the good work :D

PND_Ketchup

Wth was this magically hotfixed within the last few minutes? I've done this before and obviously the video proves it but I just tried against the cpu in training and I got spun out and slided by SZ.

Someone confirm I'm going crazy or does this not work now?
i think you're doing the UM too late, some characters will be harder to keep them in like mileena for example and yes CBZ can cause some issues because of the speed of his slide. You wanna get into the habit of comboing them at the right height so you're not recovering from the UM as they stand. It took me a while to get the timing down so i think the term "practise makes perfect" comes to mind :)

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
i think you're doing the UM too late, some characters will be harder to keep them in like mileena for example and yes CBZ can cause some issues because of the speed of his slide. You wanna get into the habit of comboing them at the right height so you're not recovering from the UM as they stand. It took me a while to get the timing down so i think the term "practise makes perfect" comes to mind :)
I could do this easily 99% of the time a week ago when you sent me a pm lol. Honestly I have no idea what happened but now the AI has escaped every single time I've tried. No idea whats happening, whether I've gone retarded but I'm doing exactly what I did a while ago and now its not working?

Anything obvious i'm missing just 12b1 b21 122 up missle. Sub Zero and slide out everytime whilst avoiding the up missle. Can any1 re do it a few times to confirm its me?

edi: Hmm I think its me. I've always input the b21 in the corner as bb21 just because its easy and makes it so theres no timing invovled but you have to time the b21 stricter than i thought (like in b21 b34 combos). Thnx

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I understand that Ketchup and I know that the option presented in your video is the safest option.
Just pointing out that their are other options when your opponent is read albeit they are not the safest lol.

For instance, if you get your opponent to the corner several times among several matches and he begins to stand and block instead of doing a wakeup, the leg lifts are viable. Its all about reading your opponent.

For instance, I play with slips(scorpion player) since he lives right nx to me and his whole vortex game is based on reading his opponents, which lead to a throw,overhead or low. The same mixup game can be done with sektor in the corner.

And I can tell you right now, if anybody, weak or not, keeps getting blown up at the corner for getting their wakeup attack blocked, they will definitely start getting up in the block stance.

But good stuff regardless getting this out here.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Is it possible to use the up missile midscreen after a 12b1, f4 f4 tu? Or, what knockdowns does it work reasonably well after when you're midscreen?

Also, is it possible to sticky this thread?