What's new

Sektor Setups and Strategy

ryublaze

Noob
Okay after a bunch of tests I think 1/2/D4 Up Missile is the best. If you simply do any of those after EXTU and if the opponent tech rolls then yes the missile will whiff. However, if you make a full dash before doing 1/2/D4 the missile will still hit them after tech roll, but it'll whiff if they walk backwards. This is also completely safe from wake-up attacks like KL's EX Spin (including tech roll) while also putting you almost as close as F4 Up Missile. If the opponent tech rolls and blocks the missile, that puts you at perfect range for a deep JK. The missile can also prevent some anti-airs. If they don't tech roll you can still get that deep JK in (IMO it's better to do deep JK instead of jip in this situation.)

I also didn't notice any difference between 1 and 2 enders. For some reason I thought that 2 gave longer knockdown time than 1 but they looked the same. And the reason for D4 instead of 1 or 2 is because it's easier to input behind/in front Up Missile if you ever need to use them.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I'll make a video later to show you guys proof so you guys don't have to go and test this yourselves. It's a PITA to get KL to do EX Spin wake-up lol.

I also didn't notice any difference between 1 and 2 enders. For some reason I thought that 2 gave longer knockdown time than 1 but they looked the same. And the reason for D4 instead of 1 or 2 is because it's easier to input behind/in front Up Missile if you ever need to use them.
21 provides the longest knockdown, but it can be negated with a techroll. I think the only difference between 1 and 2 is that 2 leaves them just a tad closer, but it's not that much. There also might be a difference in damage but I don't know off the top of my head.

Nice to know about the dash stuff, thanks.

ryublaze

Noob
21 provides the longest knockdown, but it can be negated with a techroll. I think the only difference between 1 and 2 is that 2 leaves them just a tad closer, but it's not that much. There also might be a difference in damage but I don't know off the top of my head.

Nice to know about the dash stuff, thanks.
Disregard what I said about doing a deep JK if they don't tech roll because if they crouch block you'll jump right over them. Also Johnny Cage can hit you with EX Shadow Kick wake-up after tech roll v.v. So maybe the dash isn't the best option...

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
There is something strange about Sektor's Hard Crash combo. Sometimes it goes for 19% instead of 17%. This has been around for a while though although it seems quite random and I don't know what causes the damage to go up...it's baffling...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I really do love his footsies style, now if I can only get the inputs and stuff 100% down. I have to ask because I have really been struggling with this, is it possible to hit confirm a 1 and then add the 2,2 on the end? Every time I have tried it seems like you have to press it in one go, but maybe I am just not getting it.

Also I find that his sweep is actually very good. It is faster than most sweeps, and I could definitely see it being useful. I need to check the frame data though, depends on the block and hit advantage.

I've been really busy lately. Sorry guys, my wakeup attack videos are taking much longer than I thought, specifically the video editing. But it's still coming. I'll probably split it into 3 videos.

Also I find that his sweep is actually very good. It is faster than most sweeps, and I could definitely see it being useful. I need to check the frame data though, depends on the block and hit advantage.
Sektor's sweep is rendered obsolete by b3. It's much faster (12 vs the sweep's 19), is neutral on block (the sweep is -2), and if they block it you are in range to try b34 which is also safe on block and is hit-conformable into a full combo. I don't know this for certain, but the fact that it doesn't lower his hit box hardly at all means that you can't even use the sweep as an anti-crossup. There's really no reason to choose to use Sektor's sweep.

NKZero

Noob
I really do love his footsies style, now if I can only get the inputs and stuff 100% down. I have to ask because I have really been struggling with this, is it possible to hit confirm a 1 and then add the 2,2 on the end? Every time I have tried it seems like you have to press it in one go, but maybe I am just not getting it.

don't think you can because 1 is too quick. anyways here's the choices you have:

12B1 on hit=full combo
12B1 on block=safe

122 on hit=time to dash in and do something like F2, B1, B2 etc. In the corner you get a safe jump
122 on block=unsafe but only really punishable by fast advancing specials. could use flamethrower at the end of it or even homing missile...

i was trying to find a missile set-up with 122 but so far nothing that is really worth shouting about. you can also mix-up 12 with the overhead (so 122) or stop at 12 and go for a quick B3 for a pseudo 50/50 mix-up. if you hit-confirm always go for the damage because ultimately you want to use 122 for an up missile set-up but your better off already securing 30-odd or even 40-odd% of a 12B1 combo and then setting up a missile.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
You can be uppercutted after the 1 (122), so it wont really work if your opponent has any experience vs Sektor.

The 12 D4 up missile sounds decent.