What's new

Sektor Setups and Strategy

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I havnt seen a thread like this yet. I hope for everyone to share specific setups and strategies so we can help the character grow.. Ive noticed that its been pretty dead around here and nothing new has been discovered for a whiillllleee...

I know high level players (Im looking at you ketchup, swift, n ikizzle) have a wealth of knowledge in this department and could definitely chip in

NKZero

Noob
I havnt seen a thread like this yet. I hope for everyone to share specific setups and strategies so we can help the character grow.. Ive noticed that its been pretty dead around here and nothing new has been discovered for a whiillllleee...

I know high level players (Im looking at you ketchup, swift, n ikizzle) have a wealth of knowledge in this department and could definitely chip in
Check out my 'Ultimate Sektor Guide' in these Sektor forums. It has strategy covered among other things. If you have any more input in addition to what I have please feel free to comment.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I saw the guide and it definitely has very good information thanks. Right now im looking for good ways to bait out a hit up missle.. for now the most effective way seems to do a close up missle after a blocked 122 as people tend to try and attack you..

NKZero

Noob
Here's my 2 cents on the up missile. The 122-up missile should only be used on hit. If you do it on block against some characters with fast advancing specials or normals then you can get blown up. Whether you use in front or above missile is largely dependent on your opponents' tendencies. If you want the best up missile set-ups, then do it to end a combo. The safest way to get the missile out and block potential wake-ups is by doing f4-up missile since sektor recovers quickest from that. What you could do is use the homing missile after a blocked 122 in order to make opponents think twice about punishing a blocked 122.

The safest way to get the missile out and block potential wake-ups is by doing f4-up missile since sektor recovers quickest from that.
I could have sworn that we decided a while ago that f4~UM wasn't a good ender, but I've been in practice mode and I can't see a reason not to use it. What the hell have I been using 12~UM for all this time? F4 is way easier and I'm loosing, what, one or two percent? Pfffft.

NKZero

Noob
I could have sworn that we decided a while ago that f4~UM wasn't a good ender, but I've been in practice mode and I can't see a reason not to use it. What the hell have I been using 12~UM for all this time? F4 is way easier and I'm loosing, what, one or two percent? Pfffft.
I dunno man I just saw ikizzle using it at final round and after testing it I reAlised that it is the best way to get an up missile out safely and keep the opponent close to you.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I think 2 1 up missle as a combo ender is wayyyy better than 1 2 up missle.. And 122 close up missle on block usually will give you enough time to
block and even if you get hit, the missle will hit them and you can do 50% combo or at least more pressure or grab. There are a feeeeew exceptions though I'll say that. I guess I just like to play risky

Fast wake-up attacks like KL's EX Spin can punish F4 Up Missile.

In one of my old topics, I messed around with Up Missile enders and 1/2/D4 Up Missile seemed to be the safest from all wake-up attacks but they don't put you close like F4. I think it's character specific as to which Up Missile ender you use.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/up-missile-enders-for-each-character.9022/
Well, at least I know I'm not crazy. But I'm in practice mode right now and nothing is punishing an f4~UM ender for me. Not EX Spin, not Elbow Dash, not even Buzzsaws. I can block everything.

ryublaze

Noob
Well, at least I know I'm not crazy. But I'm in practice mode right now and nothing is punishing an f4~UM ender for me. Not EX Spin, not Elbow Dash, not even Buzzsaws. I can block everything.
Did you try tech roll + wake-up? What combo are you doing it after?

Did you try tech roll + wake-up? What combo are you doing it after?
Okay, that changes things a bit. EX Spin will catch you if you do either 12b1~f43~TU~JK~EXTU~f4~UM or b34~TU~f43~EXTU~f4~UM. Probably some other's too but those are two of the three I'm testing.

You can block it if you do b2~TU~b21~b34~EXTU~f4~UM. Havn't tested it against the other fast wake-ups yet.

EDIT: Okay, it's a character specific thing. Reptiles (ex) slide and (ex) dash will beat it on techroll-wakeup on all three combos, but you are safe against everyhing except EX Nomad Dash with Kabal.

Oh well, back to 12~UM. I can use that 100% of the time and I'm already used to it. Unless someone wants to go through the entire roster and see what what characters you can use f4~UM against with what combos.

I like 2 up missile better than f4 up missile as a combo ender, since the opponent is on the floor slightly longer with the 2. Also, I am testing and writing a full wakeup guide for Sektor, (at the same time I'm doing one for Kano), so RedRaptor10's list will be added to soon.

NKZero

Noob
I like 2 up missile better than f4 up missile as a combo ender, since the opponent is on the floor slightly longer with the 2. Also, I am testing and writing a full wakeup guide for Sektor, (at the same time I'm doing one for Kano), so RedRaptor10's list will be added to soon.
great :) cannot wait to see it.

ryublaze

Noob
Thanks. The list is probably outdated since it was done so long ago. A lot of it is too situational to be of any use, unless someone can memorize exactly what to do for each wake-up attack against a certain character. That's why I stopped working on it, but if you finish your wake-up guide I'm sure it will help the community greatly.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
1 upmissile is the best.

But always throw out the most random enders and don't assume your opponent knows what to do. When a missile leaves the screen, people start panicking.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
In other words, don't always end with an up missile...mix it up a bit. Personally I rarely go for the Up Missile setup unless i've cornered the opponent...

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
the reason f4 up missile ender is easily better than any other upmissle ender is that even if the opponent tech rolls it wont miss. any other finisher is useless if the opponent tech rolls

NKZero

Noob
1 upmissile is the best.

But always throw out the most random enders and don't assume your opponent knows what to do. When a missile leaves the screen, people start panicking.
i saw you use a lot of F4-up missile @FR and that's why I thought it was the best lol. so is 1-up missile the universal best way to launch the missile safely?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
1 upmissile is the best.

but if the opponent techrolls the up missle becomes useless.. is there another reason its the best?

NKZero

Noob
but if the opponent techrolls the up missle becomes useless.. is there another reason its the best?
this is where the behind up missile works. it will catch people trying to tech roll out so if they respect that then you can go for your usual up missile set-ups.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
this is where the behind up missile works. it will catch people trying to tech roll out so if they respect that then you can go for your usual up missile set-ups.
yea i realize that but if you read wrong and do a back missile and they dont roll back you lost your chance. the great thing about f4 up missile is that you ddont have to make a read for a it to be effective

yea i realize that but if you read wrong and do a back missile and they dont roll back you lost your chance. the great thing about f4 up missile is that you ddont have to make a read for a it to be effective
Except that if you do it against the wrong character, you get blown up. The missile hitting isn't the point of UM enders, it's causing a reaction. I would rather use something that works against everyone than memorize a whole list of characters and wake-ups that beat f4~UM.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Except that if you do it against the wrong character, you get blown up. The missile hitting isn't the point of UM enders, it's causing a reaction. I would rather use something that works against everyone than memorize a whole list of characters and wake-ups that beat f4~UM.
lol dont take this the wrong way but if that is too much work for you thats your deal. i have a pretty good understanding on who it works on and who it doesnt and its def worth the research of finding out

NKZero

Noob
lol dont take this the wrong way but if that is too much work for you thats your deal. i have a pretty good understanding on who it works on and who it doesnt and its def worth the research of finding out
I understand what you mean but Romeo makes a point. The up missile set-ups should be consistent so you don't have to worry about the opponents' actions. I mean if he constantly tech-rolls EVERY time then yeah think about releasing a behind up missile. Otherwise, stick to basics, launch the above up missile and if it is blocked or hits then great (you have advantage), otherwise it puts you in that perfect range for F2/B1/B2 if they tech-roll. The point of the set-up is to get your opponent worried because there is a missile on the screen....that is all.