What's new

Sektor Patch Changes

Someone in the patch thread said that there are more invincibility frames on wakeups across the board. I don't know how reputable this is, but if it is true, I think that might be a bigger deal for Sektor than the upmissle fix. He might actually be able to get out of corners.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
that was all he really needed, armour would be nice but hes not crap without it, the in front missile cancel looks useful in the corner, dont see the point of the behind one unless you predict a rollback or something, still early days i guess

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Someone should make a thread if they find any setups now that you can cancel into front up missle. Shame ps3 gets the patch late, I wouldn't be suprisied if EU PS3 gets it even later

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
i will be recording my finds with the change in missiles today :D

its not a drastic change but its very nice to have the option to change, to my knowledge his wakeup EXTU is unchanged.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I forget who, but he stated he received a twitter response from Paulo who said the window for the wakeup EXTU is 3 frames earlier. I don't know if that means the frames will stay the same, just beginning earlier, or the frames have been extended.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
I think by the extra 3 frames it means an extra 3 frames to input the wakeup attack and get the full 8 frames of invinsibility not 11 frames of wakeup attack invincibility. If you've seen the vid TB posted a while ago he explained how wake up attacks arn't completely invincible and if there input late you won't get the full 8 frames.

It may not actually help sektor that much tbh the main thing with his wakeup is theres more than 8 frames start up so even if you do get it perfect then you can still get it stuffed and low pokes can stuff it quite often (although thats also very risky for them as they could eat 30%). Another thing is because your coming out of the ground at and upward angle fast advancing attacks (like sektors own b34) can just completely avoid it everytime too and have a chance of stuffing it with no risk.

Still it still stops people jumping in and throwing projectiles on your wakeup.

Here are the official notes on Sektor's changes, taken from themortalkombat.com.

Sektor
• Sektor can now 2in1 into the front and behind Up Missiles
• Sektor's mk3 outfit should behave the same as the primary costume
• Sektor's backjets will no longer get stuck firing, wasting precious fuel. (Yay!)
• Sektor’s X-Ray (Massive Missile) can no longer be reflected.
Also, the more wakeup invincibility frames is true.

• Wakeup attacks should have better invulnerability on them if done in the first 4 frames of the wakeup window. (this was added as a hotfix tweakable value)

Robotic

Gentleman.
I'm going out on a limb and saying with the upmissile fix, Sektor is the most properly balanced character in the game. I'm Ron Burgundy?

system change:

dashing nerfed. you can no longer cancel a dash mid dash w/another dash. you must wait until the dash completes before dashing again. only way to dash cancel with block. this my hurt sektor and cyber subs dash pressure.
Just read this at here over at Cyber Sub-Zero's Forum.

:(

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
"• Sektor's backjets will no longer get stuck firing, wasting precious fuel. (Yay!)"
Great, especially in this economy.

What does "2in1" mean?

Metalic

Noob
"• Sektor's backjets will no longer get stuck firing, wasting precious fuel. (Yay!)"
Great, especially in this economy.

What does "2in1" mean?
They mean you can cancel in to them now. IE instead of using B2 upmissile, you can use B2 front missile. Same applies to F44, B34, etc.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
YES FINALLY!!!!!! sektor's corner game and corner defense gonna be so much better now

PND_Ketchup

YES FINALLY!!!!!! sektor's corner game and corner defense gonna be so much better now
it'll be a bit more useful but it's only really helped him out against certain characters, like reptile, kano etc. anyone that has a moving forward wakeup attack. do a front missile and they'll have to think twice now.

I dont see him leaping the tiers because of it though :p

Metalic

Noob
it'll be a bit more useful but it's only really helped him out against certain characters, like reptile, kano etc. anyone that has a moving forward wakeup attack. do a front missile and they'll have to think twice now.

I dont see him leaping the tiers because of it though :p
SZ, Johnny Cage, Reptile, Nightwolf, Raiden(?), Kabal(?). All non-EX, obviously, since everything EX in this game has armor. I find it'll be more helpful in "block strings", no? I quote block strings because Sektor isn't exactly known for them. However I can see myself using B34~front missile, 12B1~FM, etc on block now as a "saftey net" of sorts. Not that they aren't already safe on block and missile kind of makes them unsafe... Second thought, might not be so good.

PND_Ketchup

SZ, Johnny Cage, Reptile, Nightwolf, Raiden(?), Kabal(?). All non-EX, obviously, since everything EX in this game has armor. I find it'll be more helpful in "block strings", no? I quote block strings because Sektor isn't exactly known for them. However I can see myself using B34~front missile, 12B1~FM, etc on block now as a "saftey net" of sorts. Not that they aren't already safe on block and missile kind of makes them unsafe... Second thought, might not be so good.
you have the right idea, just don't get carried away with doing UM's after every blocked string. you can also go for further strings, throws, pokes etc it's definately made his corner game better. he has more characters locked down now :]

Metalic

Noob
you have the right idea, just don't get carried away with doing UM's after every blocked string. you can also go for further strings, throws, pokes etc it's definately made his corner game better. he has more characters locked down now :]
Yep. He's been my close secondary for a while now, really putting in more time with him lately and loving it more and more. Front missile in the corner reminds me a bit of Subs clone - attempt offense, and stops you cold. Assuming someone lands a string, lets say Reptile lands a 122 string and the FM hits him during it, does Sektor have the time to put on offense or is it more of a resetting to neutral situation? I've had it happen once or twice with various characters, and it looks like at best I could get a dash up throw, if that.

PND_Ketchup

Yep. He's been my close secondary for a while now, really putting in more time with him lately and loving it more and more. Front missile in the corner reminds me a bit of Subs clone - attempt offense, and stops you cold. Assuming someone lands a string, lets say Reptile lands a 122 string and the FM hits him during it, does Sektor have the time to put on offense or is it more of a resetting to neutral situation? I've had it happen once or twice with various characters, and it looks like at best I could get a dash up throw, if that.
it depends on the stagger of the move you're being hit by. generally you get pushed too far back for a meaty combo off it, you can sometimes if its only a jab or something. But for the most part i just go for the F2,B1 as combined wih the rocket its about 23% or so. it may not be a full combo (by all means go for the 2,1, or 1,2,B1 if you're close enough) but its a damn good little chunk of damage combined with them being knocked fullscreen after the hit.

Metalic

Noob
it depends on the stagger of the move you're being hit by. generally you get pushed too far back for a meaty combo off it, you can sometimes if its only a jab or something. But for the most part i just go for the F2,B1 as combined wih the rocket its about 23% or so. it may not be a full combo (by all means go for the 2,1, or 1,2,B1 if you're close enough) but its a damn good little chunk of damage combined with them being knocked fullscreen after the hit.
Alright, thanks. 23% is damn plenty combined with that insane pushback it gives. Gonna try to work it in to my game some once the patch hits PSN, can't wait.

PND_Ketchup

Alright, thanks. 23% is damn plenty combined with that insane pushback it gives. Gonna try to work it in to my game some once the patch hits PSN, can't wait.
you could do all this pre patch dude, ive been doing it for yonks with the regular Um XD

the front missile just helps against a few characters.