What's new

Sektor 95% Parry Cancel Combo

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Parry cancelling is when you cancel the parry immediately with another move of some sort.

Example, the easiest one I know and do sometimes is the parry cancel with a throw. I do this by parrying then immediately literally tapping throw. You will do the parry animation, then immediately cancel it and throw. This tactic is very useful in online battles against players that make love to block, you can just parry cancel into throw and catch them off guard.

You can cancel your parry with the throw button but immediately hitting it after you hit back+block, not quite at the same time but something like that...

If you practiced it, you'll get it eventually.

You can also parry cancel into special moves and such, but I'm not sure which ones Check can probably list every move in the game that you can parry cancel into. I think you can parry cancel into some sweeps.

My view on the parry cancel in general. A high level tactic that's rarely useful but CAN be in a key situation.

This wouldn't be necessary if the parry had better recovery time. Since it leaves you wide open for a few seconds should you miss it, you're wide open for a second for punishment.

Personally, I understand why they did it that way but it was MK's first parry ever and better it's in there then not otherwise it would have been MKD offense all over again(MK:DA I'm not counting since that worked a little differently) so hopefully by MK8 they'll make the parry "miss" recovery faster. Like DOA4 pretty much something like that.

Later :wink:

MKF30 said:
Parry cancelling is when you cancel the parry immediately with another move of some sort.

Example, the easiest one I know and do sometimes is the parry cancel with a throw. I do this by parrying then immediately literally tapping throw. You will do the parry animation, then immediately cancel it and throw. This tactic is very useful in online battles against players that make love to block, you can just parry cancel into throw and catch them off guard.

You can cancel your parry with the throw button but immediately hitting it after you hit back+block, not quite at the same time but something like that...

If you practiced it, you'll get it eventually.

You can also parry cancel into special moves and such, but I'm not sure which ones Check can probably list every move in the game that you can parry cancel into. I think you can parry cancel into some sweeps.

My view on the parry cancel in general. A high level tactic that's rarely useful but CAN be in a key situation.

This wouldn't be necessary if the parry had better recovery time. Since it leaves you wide open for a few seconds should you miss it, you're wide open for a second for punishment.

Personally, I understand why they did it that way but it was MK's first parry ever and better it's in there then not otherwise it would have been MKD offense all over again(MK:DA I'm not counting since that worked a little differently) so hopefully by MK8 they'll make the parry "miss" recovery faster. Like DOA4 pretty much something like that.

Later :wink:
Wow thanks for the thorough explanation :)

http://download.yousendit.com/950473951E100BA7

youtube for all the highest types of combos for character are coming very shortly along with a thread for the final list of all them with clickable links to each characters best combo/s.

as well, there are movies showcasing them all at once for each type of combo. a "best of" online video may or may not be in the works.

there will also be a MKD one, since people complained of the length of the last one. very short. 50 or 60 combos.

first post updated with new link as well.

later

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, it's mainly most of the time it's just a fancy tactic. Most of the time it's useless though, if you're doing it for combos, WISELY online it can come in handy but it's not worth the trouble IMO.