What's new

Tech "Secretly S-Tier" Escrima Midscreen Anti-Wakeup Setup

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
If we can mess up inputs on wakeups, why not just empty jump over them to do the same thing? If they wakeup you can confirm into a full combo without using any meter.

If it us a wakeup that moves them forward just wingding. If they stand up and block...you know what to do.

Just react to the situation and punish

I like the setup though
I tried the empty jump. it's not so good. the inputs will reverse if you quickly jump after the knock down but if no wake up comes out they have time to block because the jump is so slow. if you delay the jump the inputs won't reverse but the wake up autocorrects if you cross over before the wakeup starts so you'll eat the damage. I only tested this on GL's lift.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
When you do test the empty jumps, do you mind checking if taking a step back or two could make the j1/j2 ambiguous?
I tried it man. You don't have enough time to take a step back then jump forward. The wakeup will come out before you reach the opponent.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I tried the empty jump. it's not so good. the inputs will reverse if you quickly jump after the knock down but if no wake up comes out they have time to block because the jump is so slow. if you delay the jump the inputs won't reverse but the wake up autocorrects if you cross over before the wakeup starts so you'll eat the damage. I only tested this on GL's lift.
There are some that won't give u a full punish...and others that will. It also depends in the knockdown. What knockdown did you use?

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
I was trying to find some kind of similar setup. You can do something that's quite similar with 113. It has slightly more hit advantage than u3d3 so what I found was that after 113 you can dash up and do f3 to switch side reversing inputs. However, on some characters like aquaman and killer frost, even if they manage to wake up, the wake up whiff. On aquaman you get a punish and killer frost you get a 50/50