What's new

Seasons Beatings

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I never use flame as a wake up, what happened to you happens EVERYTIME when I use that.

You had some amazing reads with TUs, and one or two that didn't go your way. Good stuff, sad to see you lose when you played so well.
Thanks for the compliments. I've basically decided that I'm no longer going to wakeup with anything but an exTU and ONLY if they are jumping in. It kind of limits a part of my game, but I'll just have to make up for it in all of the other parts.

And shame on me for never punishing even ONE of those crossups with a NJP. =( I'm still laughing at my reaction when I stance change instead of b34 right after 4:50. hahaha

Here's a question I have. There were a few times where I got a 12b1 in as she was trying to jump so it was a mid-air juggle that kind of knocked her away. I wonder if I could have continued a juggle there by following up with a f2~TU? Or probably even a jk~TU. Bah. I'll have to test that out.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Chaosphere has a problem with anticipatory teleports. I'd rather miss a reaction opportunity than eat a combo on a bad call. Gotta play a bit safer with Sektor, unfortunately.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Thanks for the compliments. I've basically decided that I'm no longer going to wakeup with anything but an exTU and ONLY if they are jumping in. It kind of limits a part of my game, but I'll just have to make up for it in all of the other parts.

And shame on me for never punishing even ONE of those crossups with a NJP. =( I'm still laughing at my reaction when I stance change instead of b34 right after 4:50. hahaha

Here's a question I have. There were a few times where I got a 12b1 in as she was trying to jump so it was a mid-air juggle that kind of knocked her away. I wonder if I could have continued a juggle there by following up with a f2~TU? Or probably even a jk~TU. Bah. I'll have to test that out.

99% of the time I don't land anything off a 1,2,b1 that hit as an anti air. But something that is somewhat easy is just dash then flame. Though I haven't done this post patch with the slow dashing... so I'm not sure if it is possible anymore. With that said I would doubt f2,tu would reach in time, but it's worth taking to the lab.

And kind of off topic, but something that works on EVERYONE at least once or twice is what my friends have dubbed "flame to flame" or for Rain, "h2o-2". When you hit them with a flame, if they do anything, another one is guaranteed useless you have hit them extremely up close (then they can jump over you). Every new person I fight falls for this shit. I got Maxter with a back to back and Tom Brady with a triple flame at last Salty Battles.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Chaosphere has a problem with anticipatory teleports. I'd rather miss a reaction opportunity than eat a combo on a bad call. Gotta play a bit safer with Sektor, unfortunately.
So true. Been my problem since the beginning. But I've definitely gotten a LOT better at it. Trying to get to that level where I punish them every single time for anything they do that's punishable. Which makes me real sad considering I didn't punish a single crossup in this match.

I don't know if any of you guys have noticed this but sometimes when you do a TU while you're in the air, usually on the way down, sometimes your TU won't come out until you actually land on the ground which can sometimes be up to a second later. Pretty sure this accounted for 1 if not 2 of the blocked TUs in this video.

Good stuff, Chaosphere. Everyone's got to start somewhere. And that you are even starting is more than I can say.

But seriously, how did that stance change at 4:53 even happen?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Good stuff, Chaosphere. Everyone's got to start somewhere. And that you are even starting is more than I can say.

But seriously, how did that stance change at 4:53 even happen?
This game can't handle inputs too fast. If you try to b34 as fast as possible, you will get stance change.

This game can't handle inputs too fast. If you try to b34 as fast as possible, you will get stance change.
Really? That's literally never happened to me before. I've heard of the game dropping inputs, but never swapping them for totally unrelated ones. That's fucking crazy.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Really? That's literally never happened to me before. I've heard of the game dropping inputs, but never swapping them for totally unrelated ones. That's fucking crazy.
It's not unrelated. 3+4 is stance change, I believe. The game is reading it as one input.

Likewise if you IATU too fast - you will get regular TU.
That's because jump needs to register for 3 frames before it executes. The design in this game is stupid.

I think you had a good showing. This and a few other vids have fully convinced me to learn Sektor and possibly bring him to NEC with the rest of you Sektor players. I have one question though. How come it seems no one really uses his uppercut for antiair? If I remember correctly doesn't he have like a 7 frame uppercut? Also that standing 1 into flame was a nice anti air reset.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
And kind of off topic, but something that works on EVERYONE at least once or twice is what my friends have dubbed "flame to flame" or for Rain, "h2o-2". When you hit them with a flame, if they do anything, another one is guaranteed useless you have hit them extremely up close (then they can jump over you). Every new person I fight falls for this shit. I got Maxter with a back to back and Tom Brady with a triple flame at last Salty Battles.
I'm a huge fan of this tactic. After the first flame a followup is completely safe. I, myself, never topped three. Newer players always fall for this at least twice. Most of the time follow by jumping in. It's a Sektroll.

It's not unrelated. 3+4 is stance change, I believe. The game is reading it as one input.
Why did they even leave the stance flip in the game...

How come it seems no one really uses his uppercut for antiair? If I remember correctly doesn't he have like a 7 frame uppercut? Also that standing 1 into flame was a nice anti air reset.
Sektor just has better anti-air options that net more damage and meter, or set up for up-missile pressure. Just like the rest of the cast, uppercuts are very situational. The only time I can think of where you should 100% uppercut is Kung Lao's tepleport.

ryublaze

Noob
I think you had a good showing. This and a few other vids have fully convinced me to learn Sektor and possibly bring him to NEC with the rest of you Sektor players. I have one question though. How come it seems no one really uses his uppercut for antiair? If I remember correctly doesn't he have like a 7 frame uppercut? Also that standing 1 into flame was a nice anti air reset.
You can anti-air with Flame Burner which lasts longer and prevents wake-up attacks.

Robotic

Gentleman.
...And it goes straight up, creating a small active box for punishment. Flame is the way to go.

...Unless they jump in range to use d4 as anti-air for full combo anti air creamy goodness.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Do you play on pad or stick? With a pad it's going to take more time for your thumb to go from 3 to 4 than it does with a stick when you have a finger on each button. With a stick you definitely have to keep calm during this combo and make sure you time it exactly right. I think some of it also has to do with hitting the 3 just a millisecond too early.

You should be able to unbind the button combinations for throw and/or AT LEAST stance change if you want. I have no reason to stance change ever. There's like 2 characters in this game where certain combos are stance specific. It's retarded.

Do you play on pad or stick? With a pad it's going to take more time for your thumb to go from 3 to 4 than it does with a stick when you have a finger on each button. With a stick you definitely have to keep calm during this combo and make sure you time it exactly right. I think some of it also has to do with hitting the 3 just a millisecond too early.
Yeah, I'm currently on a pad. I'm thinking about getting a stick though, so this is a good thing to know.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yeah his uppercut is one of the fastest in the game but I can't tell you how many times I get knocked out of it in crossup or antiair situations. I don't know if it's the trajectory of the uppercut or what.

The only time that uppercut is reliable is on a crossup when you block a string and they go to crossup. You have to let go of block IMMEDIATELY then hit that uppercut. The timing is pretty specific though. I find that even dashing forward in the direction that they just jumped from is more practical in that situation which... i usually just go for blocking their next string and waiting for a move that has something higher than 6 frames of recovery to punish with a 121b1.

Sometimes just for kicks (and not in a tournament setting) i'll just mash 11, 11, 11, 11 over and over again... just for hilarity's sake. Can't tell you how many people don't know how to deal with it for about 5 seconds. Good laughs. But sometimes this can be a good tactic as you can predict when they are going to try and downpoke out and hit a 12b1 instead, because they'll be expecting another 11. You'll get a full combo.

ryublaze

Noob
99% of the time I don't land anything off a 1,2,b1 that hit as an anti air. But something that is somewhat easy is just dash then flame. Though I haven't done this post patch with the slow dashing... so I'm not sure if it is possible anymore. With that said I would doubt f2,tu would reach in time, but it's worth taking to the lab.

I like to use b1 or f2 after a few successful Flame Burners because my opponent will be afraid to jump in.