What's new

Seasons Beatings

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i guess seein as how your in sektor forums youll be usin him !!
good shi'ite i know who im rootin for

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Bah I didn't represent at all. Nerves and mistakes got the best of me. But nonetheless I had a GREAT time. Saturday night thtb, maxter, cd jr, warda, tom brady, perfect legend, jamesmk, chosen1, etc all came to play casuals in my room until 7 in the morning. I think I got maybe 3 hrs of sleep over 72 hours but I had a BLAST. I'm definitely going to be training a lot harder and I'm going to be trying to hit up NEC. So I'll prob be seeing you there STH.

Thanks for the encouragement guys! But I totally blew it in my pool. Just means I gotta practice more! Let's see if I can reclaim my confidence for NEC. =P

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Bah I didn't represent at all. Nerves and mistakes got the best of me. But nonetheless I had a GREAT time. Saturday night thtb, maxter, cd jr, warda, tom brady, perfect legend, jamesmk, chosen1, etc all came to play casuals in my room until 7 in the morning. I think I got maybe 3 hrs of sleep over 72 hours but I had a BLAST. I'm definitely going to be training a lot harder and I'm going to be trying to hit up NEC. So I'll prob be seeing you there STH.

Thanks for the encouragement guys! But I totally blew it in my pool. Just means I gotta practice more! Let's see if I can reclaim my confidence for NEC. =P
It's such an odd feelings having nerves mess you up. My recommendation is consider everyone you play just another person. ANYONE is beatable. Glad to hear you had a great time man; can't wait for NEC! We'll have to do some mirrors and share some know how before pools. If you need anything while in Philly let me know.

Totally off topic; but while you're "too busy" living in the UK Ketchup, I'll be in Scotland for the month of June. Are there any tournaments you know of that occur then? I'll stop by and represent Freedom.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

Don't worry about it man, EVERYONE gets nerves at their first tournament. Just keep doing what you're doing and realise no matter who it is you will stand a chance if you just relax and think.

Good shit for going to a tourney and representing nonetheless. Looking forward to seeing you and STH play at NEC :D

PND_Ketchup

It's such an odd feelings having nerves mess you up. My recommendation is consider everyone you play just another person. ANYONE is beatable. Glad to hear you had a great time man; can't wait for NEC! We'll have to do some mirrors and share some know how before pools. If you need anything while in Philly let me know.

Totally off topic; but while you're "too busy" living in the UK Ketchup, I'll be in Scotland for the month of June. Are there any tournaments you know of that occur then? I'll stop by and represent Freedom.
as far as i can tell the tournament scene for mortal kombat in scotland is Non existant, the only place that has a strong scene is london as it's so huge :/

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Ketchup: Yeah I've been to a few tournaments, but this was definitely my first major. Maybe that's what happened. It was so odd. I was blowing up people in casuals the night before. I'm going to start going up to chicago on sundays to play with the GGA guys like Dizzy, Wafflez, Moe, Soonk, etc. That should whip me into shape for NEC.

STH: Yeah I'll definitely take you up on that!

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Nerves happen even when you think you're calm. I was calm up until the words FIGHT appeared on my first round of the tourney. Suddenly I'm fighting shaking hands and horribly lost the first round. Luckily I chilled out and took the next 4 but you just have to overcome that and focus on the game, not the nerves. Nerves got the best of me against Josh on stream when it came down to match point, and we all saw how that went. I turned that shit around playing Hito and even though we caused each other to make mistakes, I stayed calm and was able to squeak out with a win. It'll get easier as you get more experience and more comfortable playing in the tourney setting. Huge difference playing at home or playing with friends in casuals compared to everyone watching you and you judging your play.

I'll be at NEC, and Salty Battles again this month representing Sektor too! I'm trying to practice on my homemade hitbox, but if i am still not good and ready with it I will use a regular PS2 controller.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Ok here's my first match at SB. There are obviously some mistakes here; some big ones too. During one of my combos which was SUPPOSED to be TU, b21, b34~exTU, b21... I messed up the b34 part which actually came out as a stance change. Would have won me a round. But obviously my mistake. So... what did I learn outside of don't mess up your inputs? DON'T EVER TRY TO DO A WAKEUP ATTACK AS SEKTOR UNLESS THEY ARE IN THE AIR. Watch this and look how many times I got knocked out of what was supposed to be an invincible wakeup attack. Damnit! lolol.

P.S. Why do they never get my name right? haha

PND_Ketchup

Ok here's my first match at SB. There are obviously some mistakes here; some big ones too. During one of my combos which was SUPPOSED to be TU, b21, b34~exTU, b21... I messed up the b34 part which actually came out as a stance change. Would have won me a round. But obviously my mistake. So... what did I learn outside of don't mess up your inputs? DON'T EVER TRY TO DO A WAKEUP ATTACK AS SEKTOR UNLESS THEY ARE IN THE AIR. Watch this and look how many times I got knocked out of what was supposed to be an invincible wakeup attack. Damnit! lolol.

P.S. Why do they never get my name right? haha

I actually really liked watching you play, you definitely know what you're doing and you know what you did wrong.

Looking forward to see your next appearance :)

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I love anticipating pressure after I've been knocked down, guessing correctly, wakeup TUing and getting swept out of it. It's bullshit.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I love anticipating pressure after I've been knocked down, guessing correctly, wakeup TUing and getting swept out of it. It's bullshit.
haha yeah Sektor has some of the worst wakeup in the game, mainly because he can be consistently hit out of both options.

redeyes

Button Masher
haha yeah Sektor has some of the worst wakeup in the game, mainly because he can be consistently hit out of both options.
no he has the worst wake up in the game because he is a robot and robots dont go to sleep therefore they cannot wake up! have you not seen SwiftTH's guide!?!?!?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I never use flame as a wake up, what happened to you happens EVERYTIME when I use that.

You had some amazing reads with TUs, and one or two that didn't go your way. Good stuff, sad to see you lose when you played so well.