What's new

Season's Beatings: Redemption - UMK3 - Columbus, Ohio - October 15-17

Before the tournament even started I said it would be REO and MOE in grand finals. I said that REO would edge it out and win as well. My boy REO did work. You have truly come a long way in such a short amount of time. I really wish I could have made it, it looked mad hype and hella fun, maybe next time. Congrats to all of top 8. I was personally rooting for Konqrr and of course REO. Couldn't get in stream chat but I was watching the whole time.

In my opinion REO had Moe mindfucked. However, I do realize that the sticks were causing Moe some problems. Though despite that, it just seemed that Moe couldn't handle REO's pressure and impressive defense. Very impressive by both Moe and REO though, first time I actually got to see first hand Moe's gameplay, very nice high level stuff.

Overall great top 8 and I'm sure the whole tournament was great. Very nice turnout (34?) and I heard there was a lot of prize money as well. Hope everyone had fun, and can't wait for the vids!

He Is Close

The Puppet Master
Congratulations to MOE and to the man REO ;D

Those matches were awesome, thanks for the excitement!!!

Season Beatings!!! Sick!!!! Thanks Bro, I cant wait to take this Seth far-BuddahForce

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I think this community has come full circle. Tournaments just keep getting better and better, from the looks of it.

Congratulations Reo and good job to everyone else that took part. It looks like it was a hell of a time.

At 1st I thought Reo was about to lose. but then adapted and downloaded and it was over. Good job Reo you've came along way. I remember when you 1st started playing you were determined to learn how to play UMK3. Moe vs Reo was hype and I'm surprised Moe still got it like that. Good job though I hope you are coming to NEC (F that I'm sure you are coming to NEC).

Thanks you guys yesterday, for the good times on the stream. Very nice play from our Kombatants. Congratulations to REo for the double dip and pulling the victory. Commentary was on point. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

I can't wait til the next tournament. I will be a watching. Hell I may even have to throw a couple of my own soon.

I gotta round up the OG WI players first...hopefully. :D

Noob
First, congrats...MAJOR CONGRATS to REO. Unbelievable... absolutely amazing. Everyone is proud of you bro. I barely got any sleep, and I'm at work right now, so I will update with more later... but I leave you all with this picture for now...(more tourney pics and vids to come later)

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
Was watching the TeamSpooky stream yesterday. Kould here UMK3 but no stream :(
Looking forward to the vids. Any of Wong playing on video?

All the best,
Razer

AC1984

Kaballin!
This event was so unique and amazing for me. Congratulations to Reo for wining the tourney(You played very very very good),Moe,Thrower,Konqrr and Shock for the awesome show and high level intense matches. I want to thank every one who supported UMK3-Tim Static,Shock,9.95,Summoning,Aldagod...the list goes endless. Mad props to the local OH umk3 crew...you guys showed some very good skill in the game and I am looking forward to play with you again. All in all, great fun, awesome matches and unforgettable experience for me.Thanks every one who got involved (That includes not only the ones who attended,all of you who supported by viewing the stream)and I will see most of you at NEC. Now back to school,work,catch up and doing tons of shit....later.

Noob
Shout out time...

First and foremost to REO, for doing some major work at SB and taking the Title. Congrats bro, you earned it, you deserve it and nobody can take that from you.

Shock - for keeping me level headed when I was ready to give up on Saturday night. I had a very difficult time with the sticks and buttons on the cab and was ready to just forfeit my match and run the bracket... there's a reason why you're one of my closest friends bro... thanks again.

Shock's Grandparents - for letting us use the van to get to SB... we need a magnetic adhesive now for the side "UMK3 Bus"

Summoning - Another one of my closest friends and the guy who reminded me that it's only a game on saturday night... Also for providing the awesome 3G internet service on the ride home...that was awesome

AC1984 - Yet ANOTHER of my closest friends(I think I'm developing a pattern here, LOL) who helped make this such an enjoyable trip. I think you put down more food on the trip than even me! LOL

Voytek - We'll get you playing one day, and if not, at least at a SC4 tourney so you can play instead of just driving. Thanks for the support for all of us though, you were and are and integral part of this.

Dark Rob - We missed you there bro...wasn't the same without you around. You're yet ANOTHER of my closest friends and we were empty w/o you there. You were, however, the UMK, CMK, and TYM official "breaking news" reporter with match and outcome updates keeping the community up to date on how the tournament was going.

Tim Static - Yup...another of my closest friends...and this man has managed to do that from 500+ miles away. Thanks for supplying the cab(we will discuss sticks and buttons in the future...LOL) and for the shirt and keychain. Raising Cain's was good stuff. Pictures of you sleeping in the room during casuals...even better...LOL. Great commentary, great support of UMK3 and it's scene...keep at it...SB6 soon enough where UMK3 will be even more hype!

Konqrr - great to finally meet you. Didn't play you much on cab, but fun casuals in the room. Definitely too short of a visit for you though. Here's to you coming back soon bro. Hopefully it will work out ... or, you can just move to NY/NJ. LOL

Aldagod - always a pleasure seeing you and playing your Nightwolf. Great job getting to top 8 in the tournament..it was a tough road and you played great. See you at NEC...and yes, we'll play some ST there.

Moe and Thrower - great meeting you guys and playing both of you. I hope we see you both at NEC... we'll have concave buttons there for you and you can sit as close to your opponent as you want! LOL Great stuff, both of you... thanks for being there.

Ghaleon and Fugee - Ghaleon it was great to see you, just wish you were able to play some UMK. Fugee, we didn't get to play UMK3 b/c I hated the feel of the sticks and buttons on the cab so I didn't play when you did, but I hope to see both of you at NEC. Great Job running SB...it was an amazing event, an amazing experience and overall alot of fun. I will see you guys next year.

Lucky Day - It was a pleasure and an honor to meet you bro. We are definitely cut from the same cloth. Great job wiring the pads up to the cab. I think you definitely have a big future in the UMK3 scene and I hope you stick with it because you're going to do nothing but help the scene grow. I'm Glad you're one of the good guys...LOL Hope to see you at NEC.

THTB/Azuro - great to finally meet you..but did you REALLY have to bring MKA to the 2d MK room? LOL... seriously though, it was great to meet you, great to play you and I'm looking forward to you getting down to NEC to play more UMK3.

McLovin - Great to meet you bro. Great skills as well. You'll def be hearing from me soon...I hope we get to play more often and I hope to see you at NEC.

Team Spooky - thank you again for the great stream and your professionalism. Thanks for putting up with our setup... and we'll see you again at NEC!

BlueNine - always great to see you... quit that SSF4 crap and come to the dark side already! See you at NEC.

Justin Wong - for getting down on some UMK3!

Thanks to everyone else I may have missed, and thanks to the rest of the community who supported us, stayed in the Shout Boxes as Rob posted results and watched the stream on sunday. See you all again at NEC!

Pics and Vids coming soon.

Azuro

Noob
Finally doing a shoutout lol!

First off, Ghaleon and Fugee, many thanks and major props to setting up one hell of an event! You guys kick ass on soooooo many levels!

It was great to see you again, Tim! Whenever there's another Bar Battle, lemme know, especially if UMK3 is there! I will be down there in a heartbeat.

Congratulations on the win, Joe! You are an excellent player and BMF is proud of your accomplishment. It was great to finally meet you, very cool dude! LOL @ us playing MKA...brought back so many memories.

It was great meeting you also, Phil. We definitely have to get matches in on better sticks, though, at NEC. And no, I'm not bringing MKA next time lol!

Kelly...it was great getting in games with you, man. If only you weren't all the way in Utah! Hopefully I'll see you again...maybe Season's Beatings next year?

Bill, I loved talking to you. I wish we could've played more games. We definitely need to get in some MKDC games next time.

I wish we could've played more, Simon. Can't wait to get in more matches at NEC.

It was definitely a pleasure meeting you, Matt! Definitely awesome to see your Reptile live. Lol @ that Sindel vid...I think that killed my buzz for anything last-gen MK.

Nit, I love playing against your Kung! It's so scary to deal with. I definitely want to play you some more, hopefully at NEC!

Good shit, Nick! Thank you plenty for getting the pads on the cab. Your work definitely hasn't gone unnoticed.

Definite props to Team Spooky for getting us up on stream! Absolutely fantastic.

Definitely awesome to see Moe there. Glad I got to meet you.

Good stuff, Aldagod! Great matches, even if they were few.

McLovins, good to meet you as well! Hopefully we'll be playing more often.

And props to Justin Wong for hopping on the cab with us also! And Juicebox, for getting so hype at UMK3...got me hella hyped lol!

All in all, good shit to everyone!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Alright, now that i've sorta gotten back on track, back to normal days not feeling like i havent slept in weeks, here is my SBR Shoutouts!!

First off, I want to give some BIG community hugs to floE, who had to leave SBR due to an unfortunate family emergency. Our hearts are broken for your loss. We love you bro and cant wait to have you out the next time you can!

Alright, Fugee and Ghaleon......Ghaleon and Fugee.

you ARE Season's Beatings, and without you both, mid October's would mean much to anyone. But instead you've given birth to what i think is the single best tournament on the planet!! Nothing is more godlike than being at SB watching not just the best talented players in the area, but in THE WORLD!! Best part its right in my backyard! lol If you guys ever need anything, please let me know!!

Frank aka RoyBisel aka THE FUCKIN' MAN! You all probably have no clue how much effort and work Frank put into this SB, let alone past SB's. Simply put, its because of people like Frank that make such godlike things so godlike. He is a great friend, knows more about SF than anyone I know, and i am honored to call him a friend. I really am. Thanks bro, and as always, if you need ANYTHING, or just wanna stop by and play some UMK3, let me know! :)

MOMOS and staff!! Between the bubbles, the rice bowls, and your tolerance of us turning your venue upside down, what a GREAT fucking job you guys do EVERY SINGLE YEAR! Because of SB i found Momos, but i go there at least once a month now EVERY month of the year and make sure my friends check it out too. Momos = godlike!

SPOOKY! Vic, you are the man. Thank you SO much for taking the time to make sure UMK3 was streamed, and even trying to get the direct feed and everything. you are so patient and kind. Your streams are godlike and you, sir, are a HUGE asset to this community. Thank you for everything!!

QueeniePie! Thanks momma for everything you've done for SB! Your work hasnt gone unnoticed! Congrats with the lil one coming, and make sure you guys let me know when ya pop! See you soon! :)

LUCKY DAY!!! Nick you are my hero!! Thank you SO much for all the work you did for UMK3 and for my stuff too. You sir are godlike, and i cannot wait to hang out more, playing and leveling up @ UMK3, as well as making this cab 150% of pure UMK3 bad assery. :) Hit me up ANYTIME!

Brent aka MrBlasty gotta give my homie props for all he does for SB but with game nights and having peeps at his house JUST TO PLAY GAMES! even shitty ones, like SSFIV hahahaha Much love my friend. again if you need anything, let me know how i can help!

JAVIER & THE REST OF THE SB STAFF! I dont even remember some of your names, but thank you for all you did to make this event godlike. THANK YOU! PS- hit me up at the store soon, Javier :china:

THANK YOU TO ARCADE LEGACY!!! Thanks Jesse for letting us use your cabs, but the MK cab in particular. 1 cab would have been very boring, so THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping us! PS- Lucky Day and I need to get down there and fix up the control panel on your cab. We'll talk about it soon :)

The rest of the OHIO peeps! From my MK guys to the not MK guys, thanks for playing the games and keep the love and passion flowing! And if you want to play UMK3, you know how to get ahold of me!! Moses, Azuro, McLovins, coolhand, faq-u, Derick Legend and more....

Alright, MK peeps!

moe and throwrrrr - fellas, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING OVER!! it was an absolute honor to host you guys for this. Seriously. thank you. You guys are so godlike, on a whole different level. watching you guys play was simply awesome. Maybe next time we'll play some! lol Just remember, save the weekends in mid October for this. until next time..... (and yes, i'll fix the control panel! sorry for that! :sad: )

KONQRR!! It was just an honor to meet you, sir let alone have you play in this tourney! totally totally awesome. I'll never forget the fun. The sticks lol, the hound dogs....everything. Thank you SO much. And no this wont be the only time we get together for MK. Vegas for EVO BABY!

Shock, 9.95, AC1984, Summoning, Voytek and the 2010 SB Champ, LI REO!! Thank you SO much for driving all the way from NJ via Long Island & Philly too. Its always an honor, but i was SO giddy you guys came to Ohio, my backyard for UMK3. We are family, and your all my brothers. Again, sorry for the shoddy control panel!! Nick and I will have it godlike again in no time, thanks to him tho! lol Cant wait to see you all again, hopefully in just over a month in Philly again!

Aldagod!!! Thanks Al fo driving up from South Carolina!! Its always good seeing you, and playing you. You did great this time. Hope to see you again soon bro!

Tom Brady - always good seeing you Bill. Even if its hearing you bitch all day and night lol :) seriously, good seeing you bro. take care

To all the rest.....to especially all of you who like & support UMK3 but dont play it, THANK YOU! Keep up the good vibes and help me spread the word. This game is beyond godlike. Just dont let the Mortal Kombat part scare you. lol

To the UMk3 haters.......eat a dick.

Daigo, Momochi, Choco and Gamerbee.....thank you for coming to SBR!

MARKMAN! you sir, it was an honor! Easily one of the nicest guys i've ever met in this biz! Thanks for the swag and again, if you ever think of anything i can get you or whatnot Gamestop wise, please ask! MARKMAN = godlike!

Thanks to HORI and Mad Catz for the love!!

Justin Wong - always good seeing you bro. Next time you stayin in the area or @ Fugee's hit me up. We'll get you leveled up in that UMK3 :)

MARN - you crazy motherfucker, good seeing you as always. its never dull with you, even when you are napping HAHA. Good shit on eliminating that Japanese player, whats his name?? :wink:

Hevad and the whole MvC2 crew - shit is always above and beyond. shit was just more than hype. Congrats Yipes. 2 timin' muthafucka! :wgrin:

If i forgot anyone, i'll add you later. My mind is shot right now. Redemption is now Recovery!

quicky, another shoutout to my MK sites:

UltimateMK
Test Your Might.com
shoryuken.com

and of course, ClassicMK.com