What's new

Season's Beatings: Redemption - U.S. vs. Int'l SSFIV 5 on 5 -Oct. 15-17, Columbus, OHIO - UMK3 too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Godlike Entertainment presents:

Season’s Beatings: Redemption

SB:R Registration, plus News Updates, Video, Photos - feat. 10 questions with Daigo Umehara
SB on Facebook! LIKE us for news, interviews, videos

For all those that the missed the DEADLINE we are opening the registration site for 2 hrs between 8pm-10pm eastern time. The venue fee is now $40. Once we reach CAPACITY all registrants after will be refunded. This is your last chance to get in there!

THIRD STRIKE PLAYERS

PLEASE either email me, facebook me, or post a visitor message on SRK regarding your 3s team. If I do not hear from you by Thursday night by 10 p.m. I will have to put you on a random team.

On registration, you will be known as your gamer tag/handle, not the real name of whatever paypal account you registered under.

Please note: SB is a small staff and we are 100% occupied with getting the tournament ready. I will be online all day Tuesday most likely, but Wednesday I will prob be in Columbus, and from then on I'll be mostly occupied, although I'll try to keep my PM box clear.

Please be patient with requests on refunds, etc. I will say now that most refunds and hangups I cannot pay out until after this weekend is over; sorry for the inconvenience guys. You know we WILL NOT steal your money or anything. There is no time limit to giving Paypal refunds.

Please refer to the schedule and blog posts for questions about the tournament you are likely to find quick answers to, because we will be mostly away from the forums/facebook until the tournament because we have so much to prepare for, and me being the media contact + everything else means I have to focus on the everything else as the PR side is pretty much done.

The only PMs I definitely need are 3s teams for the 3v3 (because I can't seed this tournament without knowing peoples' teams) and equipment help we can put you down for. Also, facebook has no PM box limit so PLEASE contact me there if possible instead!

Before you ask about super last last minute pre-regging for SB:R, wait until we announce anything about it being possible or not because we can't update anything until we look at the numbers for all the games and overall numbers. And I just got home from driving from one side of Ohio to the other loading arcade machines ;) so this can't happen until late tomorrow. Sorry to sound salty but it's crunch time and we have a lot to take care of!

Please read this before you post and/or ask others to read it :) the main problem is I get so many requests that I can't handle the old stuff and/or other business. Secretary wanted for SB 2011! :) Please bear with us and we will do our best to take care of everyone!

1) At the event, you will need to hand us your Paypal receipt so we can confirm your name.
2) You will be given a badge which will have your name printed on it.
Therefore, it is a good idea to not lose your badge since you will not be allowed back inside the building without it ;)

FREE SB SHIRT for providing game console hardware that we use in tournament!

Regarding Spectators: For the Registration site, In order to pay for spectating, you MUST PAY SEPARATELY in order to be counted as paid for the event. Select the spectator check box and select the check box for venue fee and proceed to checkout.

Fugee and Ghaleon are offering redemption for anyone who’s got wrongs to right: disappointing Evo performances; failed tournaments; DQs; missed snapbacks; random Ultras. Compete in Ohio and erase the past alongside the world’s best competitors. A star is born every major -- SB is your time to shine.

Who: Daigo, Momochi, Choco Blanka, and Gamerbee will be in attendance to compete with the best of the U.S./Canada/Puerto Rico and France.

Last year 500 players from 38 states, Canada and Puerto Rico repped their homes to battle Daigo and Justin Wong for the Season’s Beatings Street Fighter championship. Justin's surprise Fei sent Daigo to loser’s bracket, but Daigo showed why World Warriors fear him as The Beast. Will Justin get revenge and claim the Street Fighter crown on his home turf? Will a dark horse prove himself as a true rival for the Big 2?

Also welcome Momochi and Choco Blanka on their first U.S. trip together. Is a fellow Japanese player all that can stop Daigo taking our money? Will a yet-unannounced traveler from the East take up the gauntlet against him as well? Stay tuned.

MvC2 SB3 champion Chris Schmidt, after winning arguably the most fierce, stacked Marvel tournament of all time, returns two years later to try to win it all again against the East and West Coasts’ best.

Team Spooky will be producing the stream!

Wakeup SRK podcast, SB:R edition, with Keits, Skisonic and Ghaleon - 8/4/2010
SRK Front Page article

Confirmed Special Events:

SB:Redemption Main Event:

The International 5 on 5 SSFIV Team Exhibition.

Team International: Daigo, Momochi, Choco Blanka, Gamerbee, Starnab
Team USA: To be revealed in the following days -- Justin Wong will be forming a team to challenge International Street Fighter supremacy.

SB:Redemption Event #2:

ITS STILL MAAAAAAAHVEL BABY! - IFC Yipes vs. Chris Schmidt -- After an epic (and unexpected) SBIII Grand Finals, The Beast from the East and The Best from the West will face off in what is undeniably the fastest MARVEL on the planet!

When and Where:

Friday, October 15, through Sunday, October 17, 2010 -- Three FULL days of Beatings.

MoMo2 -- Google maps directions
2885 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, OH 43202-1510
(614) 784-0888

MoMo's has a GREAT kitchen serving Asian dishes. They have bubble tea and a full drinks menu, including alcohol for those 21 and over. Please support them.

Close Hotels:

Red Roof Inn Columbus - The Ohio State University
441 Ackerman Rd
Columbus, OH 43202
614-267-9941
Discount Hotel Reservations & Rates | Hotel Reservations | Red Roof Inn
Google maps

University Plaza Hotel and Conference Center
Group Rate ($109/night)
3110 Olentangy River Rd.
Columbus , Ohio 43202
614-267-7461 or 877-677-5292, ask for "Season's Beatings Redemption" block
Online discount-rate code:GAMER
Google Maps
We have a couple dozens rooms and they must be ordered by Sunday, 9/19, and we can get more rooms as long as you guys book soon. Please use University Plaza as your 2nd option (after the Red Roof). They have a shuttle to take you across the street to the venue and they're being very cool to us.

Reservations

Fairfield Inn & Suites OSU
Group Rate ($114/night)
3031 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43202
(614) 267-1111 -- ask for the Season's Beatings: Redemption group rate
Reservations online
Google maps

After 9/14 the Fairfield will release the SB:R rooms to the public because of parent/student week. The order can be added to according to our need.

These hotels are all within walking distance.

Venue fee is $30, pre-registration/pre-payment only. Spectators will pay the same rate because of the venue cap, so it's worth your while to play some games. More details to follow.
No WALK-IN registration. This event will likely SELL OUT at venue's capacity.

Official Games List:
Super Street Fighter IV (PS3) -- $10 -- ($2,500 pot minimum, Top 5 payout)

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC) -- $20. (Powered by Dreamcast)

Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Arcade) - ($50 entry, $300 pot bonus, Top 5 payout) (+ PSX ports)

X-men vs. Street Fighter (Arcade) -- $5 ($300 pot bonus, Top 5 payout) (+ PSX ports)

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade) -- $10 ($400 pot bonus, Top 5 payout)

Guilty Gear:AC (PS2) -- $10 ($300 pot bonus)

BlazBlue:CS (PS3) -- $10

SSFIV Teams 3v3 (PS3) -- $10/person -- will be on Friday, teams will be capped. Pay on-site - run by Noel Brown ("The Professional")

3rd Strike Teams 3v3 (Arcade) -- $10 -- Get your matches in with Momochi!
*It's up to you to arrange your three-man team and inform Ghaleon of your team name + members. If you're unable to get two or three teammates, you will be assigned to a random team.

Marvel and Super Turbo will be 3/5 throughout, 4/7 Winner's/Loser's Finals, and a Race to 7 for Grand Finals.

Friday
SSFIV Teams (32-team cap) - 5 p.m.
3rd Strike 3v3 teams - 8 p.m.

++ Community-run Side games, listed below ++
SSFIV character auction (Friday night, run by Keits)
SSFIV Teams (Friday night. 3v3, run by Noel the Professional)
Tekken 6 (Friday night, run by Axiom - PS3, ASUS monitors)
Melty Blood (Friday night, run by Tiggy, will be streamed)
TvC (Friday night, run by Kurasa)
Kof2002:UM (Friday night, run by Dandy J)

Saturday
SSFIV - 11 a.m.
Guilty Gear - 1 p.m.
X-men vs. Street Fighter - 1 p.m.
UMK3 - 3 p.m.
Marvel - 4 p.m.

++ Community-run Side games, listed below ++
SF2:HDR (run by Thelo, Saturday night)

Sunday
SSFIV - 11 a.m. (Pools will be scheduled for Sunday depending on # of entrants -- everyone will know their pool before arriving at SB:R)
Blazblue - 11 a.m.
Super Turbo - 11 a.m.
Top 4 in each game (UMK3!!)
Top 8 in SSFIV

Possible Friday side games, run and organized by a rep from each game's community: Melty Blood, Tekken 6, TvC, HDR.

All official tournament games will run on CRTs.

We are all about letting the players run whatever side tournaments they please as long as it doesnt take away needed resources or time from the MAIN tournaments.

With that said ALL side games or Unofficial Team Tournaments are not GUARANTEED to finish at MOMOS. As a Tournament Runner you will be responsible for the players MONEY and relocation (Hotel rooms being an Option) of these tournaments if MAIN games take priority due to time or resources. We know you Understand.

If you are planning on bringing any equipment Systems/Games/Boards etc. Please pm me or Fugee so we have an idea of how many stations we can maximize.

Sponsorships: TBA, We are not targeting just pot money, we are targeting BONUSES that benefit as many of our players as possible, not just the elite.

Many, many more details to come, regarding media, production, online content, and top guests in all games. We're setting up a website where we can directly engage YOU, the players spending hard-earned money to come to our event. Expect big things from the smallest games. GET AT US about what else you want to see at this event!

Fugee and I have been tirelessly planning SB nearly daily since March, and the results will show. THANK YOU for all the support you've given us over the years -- the support and positive feedback keeps us coming back year after year.

For now, post up or PM Fugee or me, Ghaleon, or get at me on Facebook ("Chris Ghaleon") with questions/feedback/advice.

SPECIAL THANKS TO GHALEON AND FUGEE!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign-ups for UMK3 @ SBR:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign-ups for UMk3 @ SBR:

AC1984 - PA
Shock - NJ
Konqrr - UT
Floe - IL
D-Fly - IL
HadoukenMD - UT
| Vegeta | - UT
9.95 - NY
Summoning - NJ
Throwerrrr - IL
30W - IL
Merdoc - NY
Snake -NY
Doctor Rouse - SD
fubarduck - TX
Guiseppe1 - PA
fah-q get sum - Columbus
coolhand - Columbus
BlueNINE - MA
jamkid - KS
Highlander4h - Columbus
McLovins - Cincinnati
Professor Rouse - Cleveland
REO - NY
Laoshu505000 - Columbus
Lucky Day - Columbus
Tim Static - Columbus

Tim Static

Adminerator
More info to come, with some HUGE NEWS for the UMK3 tourney. Stay tuned!

For sign ups, go HERE and post so i can keep all entries at one place!

Yes the pad warriors are more then welcomed to SBR. Mame will be used as we are also working on having converters for the cabinets. The idea was arcade initially but we do want to push away those who are beasts on pads and never got the oppoturnity to play in the arcade.

Tim Static

Adminerator
So yes, when I posted what i posted, it was true. But that changed.

I do however wish its only if we can get the pads wired to the cab. the actual jamma boards in cabs are night and day vs playing mame emu's. i'd love pad players to get a chance to do that, because thats the real UMK3.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
So yes, when I posted what i posted, it was true. But that changed.

I do however wish its only if we can get the pads wired to the cab. the actual jamma boards in cabs are night and day vs playing mame emu's. i'd love pad players to get a chance to do that, because thats the real UMK3.
That would be sweet.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I hope this gets ironed out because I REALLY REALLY don't want to have to play a match on mame then switch to arcade. This will fuck people up, seriously.

AC1984

Kaballin!
DC as for now they are working on a way to plug pads to the arcade cab, hopefully in the next week or two it should be clear.Great to hear you're going.

Tim Static

Adminerator
from SRK:

Ghaleon said:
NOTICE: you can still register until Monday night, 11:59 p.m., but if your reg is in by 6 a.m. tomorrow, your player badge will have your gamername printed on it by our company instead of us writing it in black magic marker. PLEASE REGISTER! Thanks!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's...printed? Awesome! :D

Can't wait to see everyone at SB!

REO

Undead
not sure if i can make this atm, ill post an update like 3 days before the event.

but anyway some questions:

lets say i sign up w/ the name "straight up lag tactics", thatll be my name for the umk3 tourney that day right?

is it 100% confirmed pads are gonna work on the cab or w/e umk3 is being played on?

THTB

The registration is only available until Monday, so give us an update then! And yes that will be your name that appears on the tourney brackets as well as your badge.

REO

Undead
damn this blows i dont have a paypal or credit card.

well good luck at the tourney guys.

THTB

I'd be willing to cover your fee and get you registered if I could also ensure you get there and can room with someone. :/

REO

Undead
thanks a ton tay i really appreciate that, ill pay you back the 40 bucks on the spot.

game handle - lag tactics
first name - jason
last name - statham
city - glen cove
state - ny

just check off umk3

ill probably end up splitting a room with rob or phil or whoever since ill be carpooling with them

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So there's some OG's going to this tournament for UMK3? Good shit, my boy REO got this though!

Dark_Rob

Noob
ill probably end up splitting a room with rob or phil or whoever since ill be carpooling with them
Unfortunately Im not going Reo. Circumstances at work prevent it. However I was offered a spot in a payed room by Shock, and I cant think of anyone better to take my spot. Il talk to Phil and see if its still available.

Tim Static

Adminerator
TODAY UNTIL MIDNIGHT IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER FOR THE BEST TOURNEY OF THE YEAR, SEASON'S BEATINGS REDEMPTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.