What's new

Question - Cyber Sub-Zero Scrub Trying To Improve With CSZ

Kogia

Noob
I've only had the game since Christmas and although in every other MK game I've tended to main Kitana, this one I found a love for Tanya and became a bad online Tanya spammer. To be fair I wasn't using Kobu Jutsu, but I know I was an annoying Dragon Naginata flipkick spammer, I'd picked up some really bad habits that I couldn't seem to lose.

So to break my bad habits I've switched to Cyber Subz, he was the MK9 character I surprised myself by enjoying and he's even more fun this time. I've found his basic combos much easier to get to grips with than Tanya's and am enjoying using him online a lot.

But I can't seem to find any guides giving me some good basic bnb combos to train into my game. All the videos of him seem to be big flashy 30% plus ones and at the stage I'm at I'm just happy to be getting combos to more than 20%.

What should I be aiming to fit into my game as the best fishing combo starters and normals?

For people who tend to spam like me, characters with great stun (or in this case freeze) specials are a real bonus to help move beyond special spamming and into combos. So what are my best combos to set up his ice blast and then what to use once an opponent is frozen?

Bomb traps and all of that stuff is flashy, but I ned some more basic pointers.

His b2 is a great launcher, but seems tricky to hit online unless they're already frozen, if I hit them with it once they've been frozen, I can't refreeze.

Help appreciated, thanks in advance

as a beginner you'll probably want this: (starter) xx ice ball, b3u4d4, njp, small run, 21, f13 xx slide. not optimal but you'll still get some corner carry and it will help transition you to better bnb's. once comfortable with that you can move on to more corner carry or cryo bomb setups.

starters are pretty much anything into ice ball lolz, 11, 111, f13, b1, b3.... last two are pretty risky

Kogia

Noob
Thanks for that _xFriction that b3u4d4 combo I have seen in a lot of vids, but it's always followed with a tricky (for scrubs like me anyway) dive kick cancel straight into the same combo again. Following it with a njp should be more in my abilities.

At the stage I'm at, just expanding combos is going to help me more than worrying about optimal. I'm never going to be a tournament player, I'd just like to move beyond being a bad online player.

Thanks for that _xFriction that b3u4d4 combo I have seen in a lot of vids, but it's always followed with a tricky (for scrubs like me anyway) dive kick cancel straight into the same combo again. Following it with a njp should be more in my abilities.

At the stage I'm at, just expanding combos is going to help me more than worrying about optimal. I'm never going to be a tournament player, I'd just like to move beyond being a bad online player.
if i may, why dont you think you'll never be a tourney player?

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Get your double whiff divekick combos down mid screen and corner, learn the applications of each knockdown, see where you can try to mess up opponents inputs by whiff divekicking off certain knockdowns, corner carry, utilize f2 as an anti zoning tool (trade or beat out a projectile once and it scares zoners since you win the trade), always have a drone on deck and know how to burn it every time to max damage, wether its bomb, freeze, or b1 2+4 MB etc. Learn the ever loving crap out of frame data! Don't swing your highs in the neutral like a mad man, footsies will kill you. NJP is your friend. Instant divekicks are your friend. Learn your punishes 111 and f12 primarily. Learn the vortex in the corner. uhhhh a lot I am missing, start with this

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
B2 is one of the best normals in the entire game. I use it mostly as a trip guard/pseudo anti-air, or when people try to run in at me... especially when I have put a bomb on the screen. The main point of of the move is to make your opponent whiff and punish them for being too aggressive. Once your opponent respects it you should have more freedom to set up your offense.

Off a B2 without drone enhance I just like to do JK CDK, F131~slide for the corner carry, or end with F131~bomb for a setup.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Basic midscreen (low) 29%
B3U4D4 4xxBF1 JumpBackD3 NJP J3xxD3 F13xxDB4.

Harder midscreen (low) 32%

Basic midscreen (overhead) 29%
B12+4(MB) DD3 B3U4D4 NJP J3xxD3 F13xxDB4

In these combos F43D4 F2(or anything else you like) can be used after the B3U4D4 or after the NJP for corner carry in to HKD. Also on the corner you can use the full F131xxDB4 for an extra 1%.

The Corner
Ignore the 1112 enders in the second video it's just about some options after knockdown. The first video is the combo I do in the corner.

Also 1112 on block into B2 is a nice gimmick that works often

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
First, you should drop the loser mentality of settling for "over 20% combos" and practice, practice, practice. You've only had the game since December my man, sit in the lab with your character and grind that execution until you can do it with your eyes closed (literally). Learn your BNBs from an OH starter, low starter, AA starter, and NJP starter. Then from that, learn your dirt cause god knows you've got alot of it as CSZ.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
learn to love the slide & the dive kick, make peeps respect them and they will practically let you in. back your plays up with bombs to make the opponent think twice about trying to punish you. Once they sick of eating divekicks and or slides, they'll start blocking a lot more, thats when you can run up and 50/50/pressure.

Don't just tell em combos bruh.