What's new

Screw having a WiFi filter...

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Honestly they should lower the ms for declining at 100 ms, either that or they need to fix the ms reading since it's usually off by 20-30 ms which is rather annoying. It would be a solution where no one loses

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
Just make wired connection a requirement to play KL. It's 2019; get a fucking ethernet cable and plug that shit in.
I agree, it's shit. Don't be selfish asshole though. Let the wifi warriors fight it out while we filter them.

Isn't that just going backwards in technological advancement?
Well, here's the thing: I'm sure someday playing against wifi will be a totally seemless experience, but that day isn't here yet. My comment was in reference to people complaining it's too hard to use wired. You can get a cable delivered from Amazon for £5-6 (in the UK, I'm sure elsewhere they're similarly cheap) to your door. Plug one end in your console/pc and the other in your router and you're good to go. It's not complicated.

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
Well, here's the thing: I'm sure someday playing against wifi will be a totally seemless experience, but that day isn't here yet. My comment was in reference to people complaining it's too hard to use wired. You can get a cable delivered from Amazon for £5-6 (in the UK, I'm sure elsewhere they're similarly cheap) to your door. Plug one end in your console/pc and the other in your router and you're good to go. It's not complicated.
Except that means you might have a massive wire running through your house which your parents or housemates might not appreciate, so then the job becomes installing it cleanly which can be a bigger job depending on where your room is vs the router. In my case I have to drill a hole through the floor and it's very difficult to get the wire through. We had to get the landlord to do it as well because sometimes landlords don't like you doing that stuff to their houses. It's not ALWAYS simple.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
Isn't that just going backwards in technological advancement?
Wi-Fi is more convenient than older connectivity methods (cable), yes. But is it better? No.

With Wi-Fi, you can transfer data only one way at a time - upstream (you send data) or downstream (you receive data). The router switches between sending and receiving constantly, every moment.

With a cable connection, you can send and receive data at the same time, all the time.

In most applications this difference doesn't matter. But the more you have to have two (or more) users' data to be in sync, the more this difference becomes a factor. And in fighting games the expectation is that two players' inputs are synced to the accuracy of 1/60th of a second, i.e. one frame of game animation. Which is extremely difficult to do in a game (which also constantly have to look good and keep the gameplay going, it can't pause to handle data (or it shouldn't, to be precise)), considering the hardware limitations and the fact that the developers can't control the network topology. Fighting games are absolutely the most data-sync dependant genre, followed by shooters. And it's this syncing of data where the download-OR-upload nature of Wi-Fi is a bottleneck. No matter how good a game's "netcode" is, Wi-Fi is a limiting the code to work at its full potential.

(TLDR): So don't be a bottleneck. Plug in that cable.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
That's what all wifi plebs say. Plz get a cable ty.
Wi-Fi players are like a broken record.... "I don't have any problems with my connection " .....

No SHIT Sherlock, your opponents do, that's why they're the ones complaining about it.... Who the fuck complains about a good connection??? This is all Sony and Microsoft's fault for even making consoles Wi-Fi compatible in the 1st damn place, Wi-Fi has no business being anywhere NEAR a fighting game

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
ya lazy wifi fucks, i always get my 5 Meter Kable out, fumble it from the living room to the bed room TV through the whole fucking apartment, my sheila stumbles over that bloody thing is than mad as hell, the idiot cat goes apeshit and tangle up in it like a bondage fetish just so that i can get my ass handed to me by a lazy Liu Kangarooie- Wificunt with a 400 Ping....