What's new

Screw having a WiFi filter...

freerf245

11 11 11 11
It would piss too many people off. I fucking HATE being forced into a wifi game and dealing with a flicker 200 ping, but the problem is that the amount of wireless users definitely outweigh the amount of wired users. Also, there are plenty of wifi users I play against who have had perfect connection, aswell as wired users with unbearable connections. Instead of banning wifi users, the game needs to do a better job of identifying higher pings and inconsistent connections.

mrapchem

Noob
Instead of displaying a meaningless win/loss record and win percentage, there should be an indicator of wired/wireless and connection stability history.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
I just don't understand how it's 2019 and MX11 and were still dealing with the same shit we've been complaining about for a decade. The only thing that's changed is that even MORE people are playing solely online, and yet somehow the problem stays the same.

trufenix

bye felicia
I just don't understand how it's 2019 and MX11 and were still dealing with the same shit we've been complaining about for a decade. The only thing that's changed is that even MORE people are playing solely online, and yet somehow the problem stays the same.
Yes, it is a huge problem having more people than ever to play against online!

trufenix

bye felicia
Uhh my point was more that the community is even more online dependent than in the past so you would think NRS would prioritize creating a good online experience.

Instead, it's been watered down and connection problems continue to persist.
It's not NRS problem that the community has players with bad connections. They cannot fix that.

Putting a WiFi filter on would just make them stop playing, cause now they don't get to participate in the games most competitive modes.

How would actively discouraging players "fix" the problem?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I never in my life will understand how these wifi people actually connect combos, and fit together cohesive play. It's amazing, really.
Because you essentially "trade" connections with your opponent... He's doing combos are your connection relays his inputs and vice versa

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
They definitely need more matchmaking options.

These are the options you should at LEAST have:

• Opt in searching for all connectors or wired only
  • Search by region only (in just about every FG)
  • Search for best connections first (this is an option in multiple FG’s)
  • Search for higher rated and/or same rate opponents (also in other FG’s)
These should be options by default.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Make it so the person with a wired connection automatically wins game 1 of a set versus a wifi one

and if you did your last game on wifi, there should be a voice over verbally berating you until you turn the ps4 off

and when you turn the ps4 off it shocks you badly

these are the minimum of my demands
And a giant Green Lantern hand comes through the screen and does a breaker on their controller

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
It's not NRS problem that the community has players with bad connections. They cannot fix that.

Putting a WiFi filter on would just make them stop playing, cause now they don't get to participate in the games most competitive modes.

How would actively discouraging players "fix" the problem?
That sounds great to me actually. About 25% of the online community should probably put their controllers down and never play again. We'd all be better off.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
This is the third or forth thread I've seen about wifi being shit, I play on wifi mainly against other wifi users and I've had a problem maybe twice. Never have problems with my other online games such as DCUO or when I play Red Dead or GTA online. It's not really wifi being the problem, but the provider.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
This is the third or forth thread I've seen about wifi being shit, I play on wifi mainly against other wifi users and I've had a problem maybe twice. Never have problems with my other online games such as DCUO or when I play Red Dead or GTA online. It's not really wifi being the problem, but the provider.
That's what all wifi plebs say. Plz get a cable ty.