Scrapped IJ2 Characters + their official concept art

Discussion in 'Injustice 2' started by Jynks, Oct 13, 2018.

By Jynks on Oct 13, 2018 at 4:06 PM
  1. Jynks

Jynks some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

There were a lot of characters rumored, desired, and successfully gained during Injustice 2's lifespan. However, there were a good handful who didn't make the cut due to reason unbeknownst to us mere mortals. With that said, the good people at Comicbook.com has scored some concept art of these cut characters, and man do they look cool.

Not sure how real this is... but I just saw this
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/10/12/injustice-2-concept-art-constantine-penguin/#5

[​IMG]
    HELL yes

[​IMG]
    I still maintain that as we had Atrocitus + DexStar.... it would have been fantastic to get SuperBoy + Krypto.

[​IMG]
    Awesome

[​IMG]
    Wow... people know BlueBird exists!! That is some deep coolness and should have been in it. She is kinda like RedHood as in a rouge Batman pupil.

[​IMG]
    This not being the the game was criminal.

[​IMG]
    Why was this not in the game, who is it I have to blame.

*Edited and Promoted by HellblazerHawkman

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2018
    MKF30, TurboTaco, Gamer68 and 3 others like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Injustice 2' started by Jynks, Oct 13, 2018.

1. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      That Constantine... would've preferred him over any of the DLC characters, tbh. Over most of the main roster too.
    2. Error
      Error
      x TeeJay o likes this.
    3. x TeeJay o
      x TeeJay o
      Penguin would have been dope.
      Dayvon, JBeezYBabY, colby4898 and 2 others like this.
    4. Marinjuana
      Marinjuana
      No Constantine and/or Etrigan was a big miss
      Espio likes this.
    5. SOLEdier
      SOLEdier
      Static was scrapped and had some concept art done as well.
      just_2swift likes this.
    6. Sage Leviathan
      Sage Leviathan
      just_2swift likes this.
    7. Swindle
    8. Second Saint
      Second Saint
      I've been saying for years that Etrigan would have the best clash quote.

Detective Chimp would have been awesome, and I'd have been able to get behind Krypto as a stand alone character, honestly. Let's do something different.
      Jynks, Espio and Marinjuana like this.
    9. Braindead
      Braindead
      I'd fuck with Constantine. Oh well, more lasso grab for me.
      Espio likes this.
    10. Espio
      Espio
      I'm kind of low key salty lol.

Blue Bird looks exquisite like insanely necessary. Etrigan is long overdue and hopefully they will quit hoing him and put him in Injustice 3. Constantine as well.

Penguin should have punted Joker out since he is just kind of there for the lulz.
      x TeeJay o and Jynks like this.
    11. KCJ506
      KCJ506
      I can just imagine the shitstorm that Bluebird would have caused. Especially among non comic fans.
    12. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      Well, we already got a few of those. Atrocitus, Swamp Thing, Cheetah... I didn't know any of those before I2. I'm not a DC fan, so I didn't even know about Black Adam or Firestorm before they were in Injustice.

But that's the thing... now I know. And though I don't care about most of them, I found Atrocitus really cool and he's one of my favourite characters in the game. The game introduced him to me, so I looked him up and learned more about him and his background.

Introducing more kinda unknown characters alongside the popular ones is a good strategy to get more people into those characters. And looking at that Blue Bird artwork up there, she looks pretty cool. She seems very gun-focused (judging solely from the artwork above), so maybe she could've been in the game instead of Deadshot. I get why Deadshot was in the game instead though, but he is absolutely uninteresting imo. I'd take Blue Bird over him any day.
      zerosebaz and Espio like this.
    13. KCJ506
      KCJ506
      I agree that bringing in unknown characters can be a good strategy, but in general, the average person scoffs at the idea of bringing in unexpected characters...until the creators actually use them. For example, I bet before the MCU started, if someone were to suggest that a Guardians movie be made, people would laugh at them. Now Guardians is pretty popular.

They're quite a few reasons why Bluebird would have caused a shitstorm

1. She'd be another Batman related character
      2. She's pretty much an unknown for most people, even some comic book fans
      3. She'd be seen as specifically replacing more popular, known characters that people wanted
      4. She'd using guns, so she'd be called a clone character/more hate for replacing other gun characters
    14. colby4898
      colby4898
      Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Joker, Catwoman and Penguin were literally all of the DC characters Iknew before gods among us lol
    15. GLoRToR
      GLoRToR
      Etrigan instead of hellboy would have been godlike.
      just_2swift likes this.
    16. II Tundra II
    17. Jynks
      Jynks
      yeah that low profiling hit box is bullshit. Anyone that uses Krypto is a scrub
    18. PunkMafia83
      PunkMafia83
      How the hell do you not have Johny C in and you have jobbers instead.

I am kinda mad. Not like I have played this game in 6 months anyway.
    19. HellblazerHawkman
      HellblazerHawkman
      I'm personally offended none of y'all tagged me in this, this is perfect front page material
      Jynks, Protagonist_1 and HeavyNorse like this.
    20. Yoaks
      Yoaks
      Whew lad that art is good!
      Eldriken, ChatterBox and Espio like this.
    21. TurboTaco
      TurboTaco
      Etrigan would have been dope
      just_2swift and Espio like this.
    22. ChatterBox
      ChatterBox
      How much money do I have to spend on lootboxes in this game to get Rambo Chimp? Give me a number NRS and I will spend it.
      Espio and Eldriken like this.
    23. JBeezYBabY
      JBeezYBabY
      All of these would have been hella dope, ESPECIALLY Penguin! Not sure who that Rambo chimp person is, but that tattoo ALONE would make me main the fuck outta him.
      ChatterBox likes this.
    24. MKF30
      MKF30
      Damn, some sweet ass concepts. Con, Blue Bird, Krypto and Penguin are amazing. Penguin screams Tim Burton Batman to me. And the planet of the apes looking dude looks cool