What's new

Scrapped IJ2 Characters + their official concept art

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
There were a lot of characters rumored, desired, and successfully gained during Injustice 2's lifespan. However, there were a good handful who didn't make the cut due to reason unbeknownst to us mere mortals. With that said, the good people at Comicbook.com has scored some concept art of these cut characters, and man do they look cool.

Not sure how real this is... but I just saw this
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/10/12/injustice-2-concept-art-constantine-penguin/#5

HELL yes

I still maintain that as we had Atrocitus + DexStar.... it would have been fantastic to get SuperBoy + Krypto.

Awesome

Wow... people know BlueBird exists!! That is some deep coolness and should have been in it. She is kinda like RedHood as in a rouge Batman pupil.

This not being the the game was criminal.

Why was this not in the game, who is it I have to blame.

*Edited and Promoted by HellblazerHawkman

Last edited by a moderator:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I've been saying for years that Etrigan would have the best clash quote.

Detective Chimp would have been awesome, and I'd have been able to get behind Krypto as a stand alone character, honestly. Let's do something different.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I'm kind of low key salty lol.

Blue Bird looks exquisite like insanely necessary. Etrigan is long overdue and hopefully they will quit hoing him and put him in Injustice 3. Constantine as well.

Penguin should have punted Joker out since he is just kind of there for the lulz.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I can just imagine the shitstorm that Bluebird would have caused. Especially among non comic fans.
Well, we already got a few of those. Atrocitus, Swamp Thing, Cheetah... I didn't know any of those before I2. I'm not a DC fan, so I didn't even know about Black Adam or Firestorm before they were in Injustice.

But that's the thing... now I know. And though I don't care about most of them, I found Atrocitus really cool and he's one of my favourite characters in the game. The game introduced him to me, so I looked him up and learned more about him and his background.

Introducing more kinda unknown characters alongside the popular ones is a good strategy to get more people into those characters. And looking at that Blue Bird artwork up there, she looks pretty cool. She seems very gun-focused (judging solely from the artwork above), so maybe she could've been in the game instead of Deadshot. I get why Deadshot was in the game instead though, but he is absolutely uninteresting imo. I'd take Blue Bird over him any day.

KCJ506

Noob
Well, we already got a few of those. Atrocitus, Swamp Thing, Cheetah... I didn't know any of those before I2. I'm not a DC fan, so I didn't even know about Black Adam or Firestorm before they were in Injustice.

But that's the thing... now I know. And though I don't care about most of them, I found Atrocitus really cool and he's one of my favourite characters in the game. The game introduced him to me, so I looked him up and learned more about him and his background.

Introducing more kinda unknown characters alongside the popular ones is a good strategy to get more people into those characters. And looking at that Blue Bird artwork up there, she looks pretty cool. She seems very gun-focused (judging solely from the artwork above), so maybe she could've been in the game instead of Deadshot. I get why Deadshot was in the game instead though, but he is absolutely uninteresting imo. I'd take Blue Bird over him any day.
I agree that bringing in unknown characters can be a good strategy, but in general, the average person scoffs at the idea of bringing in unexpected characters...until the creators actually use them. For example, I bet before the MCU started, if someone were to suggest that a Guardians movie be made, people would laugh at them. Now Guardians is pretty popular.

They're quite a few reasons why Bluebird would have caused a shitstorm

1. She'd be another Batman related character
2. She's pretty much an unknown for most people, even some comic book fans
3. She'd be seen as specifically replacing more popular, known characters that people wanted
4. She'd using guns, so she'd be called a clone character/more hate for replacing other gun characters

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Joker, Catwoman and Penguin were literally all of the DC characters Iknew before gods among us lol

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
How the hell do you not have Johny C in and you have jobbers instead.

I am kinda mad. Not like I have played this game in 6 months anyway.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
All of these would have been hella dope, ESPECIALLY Penguin! Not sure who that Rambo chimp person is, but that tattoo ALONE would make me main the fuck outta him.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Damn, some sweet ass concepts. Con, Blue Bird, Krypto and Penguin are amazing. Penguin screams Tim Burton Batman to me. And the planet of the apes looking dude looks cool