What's new

Scorpion + Stryker Strategy Video

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mainly just explaining a big reason Stryker is a good Kameo choice for Scorpion and also showing some stuff you can do vs a Johnny Cage player who is constantly trying to blow up your gaps with EX Shadow Kick. Might need to go to the YouTube app/website to get the best quality.

And please feel free to Subscribe to the channel!

Thingy

Retired account
Great video dude. Been Maining these two since day 1. They really are perfect for each other if used right.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Great video dude. Been Maining these two since day 1. They really are perfect for each other if used right.
Appreciate it! Yeah I’ve been trying out different Kameos and it feels like Stryker is definitely one of his best. He also can do some pretty cool combos with Stryker and that video is on my channel as well.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Oh and I meant to mention this in the beginning when I was talking the video. But midway through the video I showed Scorpion crouch blocking Johnny Cage’s EX Shadow Kick into him using Stryker’s bombs. For some reason that I couldn’t really figure out, like 9/10 times if you crouch block and go for the punish, Stryker’s bombs would hit you. But if you stand blocked, his bombs would hit you maybe 1/20 times. And it’s not like the opponent was calling his Stryker Kameo at different timings, it was literally on record/playback so the timing was the exact same every time. I have some guesses on why that’s the case but nothing concrete.

Another thing I was going to mention is why I was showing f3 xx EX Teleport to dodge Cage’s EX Shadow Kick into Spear. It wasn’t just something cool you can do. First of all it’s not like the opponent can really react to what you do after f3. But they can Flawless Block the db2 after f3. This is most likely a prediction + reaction thing and the fact that you can nearly FB while blocking. But anyway, if you start mixing in f3 into just blocking to bait out a punish, the Cage player might be looking for ANY movement after f3 to do a slightly delayed EX Shadow Kick reversal. So f3 xx EX Teleport baits that out. That said, that’s gonna be really situational and dependent on how good the player you’re playing is and how good they are at adapting.

And I’ve been wanting to try and find ways to utilize more of what Stryker can do other than his bombs, that’s why I was using his Cuffing move to test it out. Stryker’s Handcuff leaves you really plus so you can go in and as long as you’re close enough, it’s free pressure. Like I recorded the setup with Scorpion and then played as Cage to see what I could do. Obviously I could do stuff if Scorpion goes for b3 + Stryker bombs for safety because you can’t immediately use Bombs after the Handcuff since it takes Stryker forever to get off the screen. However, if after the Handcuffs you go in for pressure, the opponent just has to hold it. They’re just way too minus after being Handcuffed and can’t do anything to get out of the pressure. Although I haven’t tested trying to mash a Kameo attack afterwards as the player that got Handcuffed, so I’ll test that later.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Bumping this because watching Javier beat SonicFox was a fascinating experience and I'm really wondering where this team would stand in the perfect future world where we gather enough knowledge for a fully fleshed out Character + Kameo Tier List.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Bumping this because watching Javier beat SonicFox was a fascinating experience and I'm really wondering where this team would stand in the perfect future world where we gather enough knowledge for a fully fleshed out Character + Kameo Tier List.
The team is actually not as strong as it appears. Because you can actually punish chain spin on block into Stryker bombs. But not many people know this. Also, while Javier is a godlike player and one of the best Scorpion’s, that set was played in around 270 ping or so. So don’t put too much stock into what happened MU wise in that set. Not taking anything away from Javier at all, and not necessarily speaking of the results. Just saying there’s things that happen in that high of ping that wouldn’t happen offline or in more playable conditions.

I actually think Scorpion’s better Kameos will be Sektor, Goro, Motaro and Kameo Scorpion. I just released a 57% combo with Scorpion + Sektor, and I also have a 100%, ToD reset combo with Scorpion + Scorpion. It currently uses Fatal Blow, but I can do it without it. Like I know it’s possible just have to figure out how exactly to do it. Oh and the reset isn’t guaranteed or anything, but it’s easy to get hit by it especially if you’ve never seen it before. I’ll be uploading that video soon as well, but I think it’s gonna be apart of possibly a combo video with multiple kameos.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The team is actually not as strong as it appears. Because you can actually punish chain spin on block into Stryker bombs. But not many people know this. Also, while Javier is a godlike player and one of the best Scorpion’s, that set was played in around 270 ping or so. So don’t put too much stock into what happened MU wise in that set. Not taking anything away from Javier at all, and not necessarily speaking of the results. Just saying there’s things that happen in that high of ping that wouldn’t happen offline or in more playable conditions.

I actually think Scorpion’s better Kameos will be Sektor, Goro, Motaro and Kameo Scorpion. I just released a 57% combo with Scorpion + Sektor, and I also have a 100%, ToD reset combo with Scorpion + Scorpion. It currently uses Fatal Blow, but I can do it without it. Like I know it’s possible just have to figure out how exactly to do it. Oh and the reset isn’t guaranteed or anything, but it’s easy to get hit by it especially if you’ve never seen it before. I’ll be uploading that video soon as well, but I think it’s gonna be apart of possibly a combo video with multiple kameos.
270?? Oh, that's bad. Maybe one day this can turn into a Perfect Legend VS Gross offline fight someday.

Out of all the versions of Scorpion there have been since MK9, this one is my favorite to watch/play. I fully support any and all efforts made to make him more viable and scary.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
The team is actually not as strong as it appears. Because you can actually punish chain spin on block into Stryker bombs.
Out of curiosity, is this a thing every character can do, always? Using Mileena, I sometimes can full combo punish death spin into grenades if I use ball roll - but only if they slightly mistime the grenades and throw them a little later.