What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion patch notes 8/31/15

@Slips Have you gotten either B3 FBC or F3 FBC to connect yet with auot block enabled? I have not been able to get it once yet and I really feels like I'm getting the cancel as fast as possible.

My timing might be off but I think even if it possible then max range we can forget about it.
I have been able to do it with auto block and and it SEEMS okay but it really isn't because you are correct you do have to hold FB longer but it just doesn't seem that way because FBC off of B3 was already SUPER fast and quick and had to be run canceled almost immediately, but yeah it's clearly has been affected. NRS also didn't put not being able to do flame aura twice in a combo in the patch note either.... -_-' so who knows man... I'm just fed up point blank. This is what I get for having character loyalty

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
@Slips Have you gotten either B3 FBC or F3 FBC to connect yet with auot block enabled? I have not been able to get it once yet and I really feels like I'm getting the cancel as fast as possible.

My timing might be off but I think even if it possible then max range we can forget about it.
Yea I can it's just awkward as hell. You have to do b3/f3~qcb1~ff *pause* wait for the dash to come out and then push run. You can't input it all real quick to get run on the first frame.

It seems like it's impossible to cancel into run. You have to dash first and then run.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I have been able to do it with auto block and and it SEEMS okay but it really isn't because you are correct you do have to hold FB longer but it just doesn't seem that way because FBC off of B3 was already SUPER fast and quick and had to be run canceled almost immediately, but yeah it's clearly has been affected. NRS also didn't put not being able to do flame aura twice in a combo in the patch note either.... -_-' so who knows man... I'm just fed up point blank. This is what I get for having character loyalty
Yea I can it's just awkward as hell. You have to do b3/f3~qcb1~ff *pause* wait for the dash to come out and then push run. You can't input it all real quick to get run on the first frame.

It seems like it's impossible to cancel into run. You have to dash first and then run.
Just trying it some more and yep, you're right. This is really annoying, did Scorpion really need this shit again? :(

So can b3xxfbrc still hitconfirm?
Yeah but it's hard to do and feels weird because it's not all 1 motion you have to dash cancel then press block to run. It's slower and probably more harder to do in a real much and just plain annoying. F3 is the one thats completely screwed to the max

MAN0

DevilApes
I trained for months to reach a point where I could almost constantly do 21fbc b3fbc 214 fbc tp etc.. to catch standing blockers with b3 and hitconfirm afterwards.. but no they had to screw this up!

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Is it possible that there was an OS in the game which made the timing of run cancels easy, and now with the removal of all OSs the run cancels are f'ed up in the game?

Just trying it some more and yep, you're right. This is really annoying, did Scorpion really need this shit again? :(
Dear oh dear... I don't know man. I can't see any reason why he would need this? I mean he was only +3 I believe on B3 dunno about F3 but I think he was only +7 off of 214. FBC off of 214 seems fine even though you still have to buffer in the run and wait for the dash input. But still again why do this? Did they really hurt him more when people were expecting buffs? The inferno buff to me is just plain mediocre especially when it comes to his "new combos" ahh man... I think we can all just give up on scorpion going any more higher in the tier list, it's crazy to think how good he once was. This is the biggest hit he took in any game. He wasn't even that good pre patch on Injustice compared to MKX. Like I don't get it.. isn't this Ed Boons favorite character ?

I can't tell if the f2 change is good or bad. Its nice that it'll crush lows but giving a longer startup might mean people can jump out more in a lot of scenarios which would really hurt. I don't know I didn't really care if lows hit me out of it too much, d1's will still catch him regardless which is what most people do.

Guess time will tell. Inferno buff is nice. I doubt it'll make it better than the other variations but it's something at least.
BTW Slips are you on PS4? I'd like to play with you since you use Hellfire

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The fbc combos work but the timing is all fucked up. Pretty shitty... it's a pretty big deal imo. Timing feels way off on block too and os most likely less advantage.

Matix218

Get over here!
The Firebal dash and run cancels are definitely fucked up. Trying to figure out wtf is going on. It feels like you can dash cancel but you can't run cancel. t put my finger on it yet.
Paulo confirmed that RC issue is universal (not allowing buffer of block input before inputting forward dash) and it was an unintended side effect of the hotfix and it will be fixed. Check out Jer's thread about it

@Scoot Magee

Matix218

Get over here!
Now that Paulo has confirmed that the run cancel issue will be fixed, back to the actual patch discussion:

Imo I don't understand the logic in adding 2 frames of startup to f2. Its not like it was lightning quick to the point of being broken or anything. Im not really seeing the huge benefit of f2 low crushing but ill take it, maybe it will have a very slight impact at certain ranges where you used to be able to low profile f2 with some characters low pokes?

I almost never use b2 outside of Ninjitsu so that damage buff means nothing to me. Maybe some new bnbs can be found that optimize damage using b2 but probably not a huge deal.

Question for people who are near their console? Can you guys confirm that Ninjitsu f2 has the same start up as before? I REALLY hope they didnt accidentally make his f2 2 frames slower in Ninjitsu as well...

@Slips @Scoot Magee @STRYKIE @YOMI MITYEAP @every scorpion main

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Now that Paulo has confirmed that the run cancel issue will be fixed, back to the actual patch discussion:

Imo I don't understand the logic in adding 2 frames of startup to f2. Its not like it was lightning quick to the point of being broken or anything. Im not really seeing the huge benefit of f2 low crushing but ill take it, maybe it will have a very slight impact at certain ranges where you used to be able to low profile f2 with some characters low pokes?

I almost never use b2 outside of Ninjitsu so that damage buff means nothing to me. Maybe some new bnbs can be found that optimize damage using b2 but probably not a huge deal.

Question for people who are near their console? Can you guys confirm that Ninjitsu f2 has the same start up as before? I REALLY hope they didnt accidentally make his f2 2 frames slower in Ninjitsu as well...

@Slips @Scoot Magee @STRYKIE @YOMI MITYEAP @every scorpion main
F2 in Ninjutsu remains the same.

But yeah, as I said in another thread, giving Scorpion's overheads even less utility in terms of trying to actually hit someone for blocking low.... not a fan of that. Unless this now low crushes EVERYTHING, I'd rather stick to the old properties.

Provided that there is at least 1 more major patch, I suppose we'll just have to make more of an effort to bring suggestions to NRS' attention in time.