What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion patch notes 8/31/15

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
  • Scorpion - Towards+BP now low crushes and has 17 frames startup (up from 15)
  • Scorpion - Increased the damage of Away+BP by 4
  • Scorpion (Inferno) - Low minion ex has 21 startup frames (down from 28) and does 5 damage (up from 3)

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Love that F2 low crushes, the increased start up is very unnecessary though. Would have been nice for a small damage increase or block advantage to compensate.

B2 doing more damage is great, assuming that applies to non Ninjutsu B2 though otherwise Ninjutsu will have some serious damage now.

Low minion buff is borderline pointless, if they were going to buff Inferno I think they should have made one of the other two minions faster.

Nice that he wasn't ignored though.

Scoot Magee

Well I don't think low minion buff was pointless, it's 7 frames faster at least which can be harder to block low on reaction especially when mixed with f2. It can work as a whiff punisher as well. Not sure why they made f2 slower but whatever. B2 imo isn't very good regardless mostly due to the range. He has some little setups with it but I don't see the point when he's got better options.

JTB123

Well I don't think low minion buff was pointless, it's 7 frames faster at least which can be harder to block low on reaction especially when mixed with f2. It can work as a whiff punisher as well. Not sure why they made f2 slower but whatever. B2 imo isn't very good regardless mostly due to the range. He has some little setups with it but I don't see the point when he's got better options.
That's what makes me think the B2 buff won't apply to Ninjutsu. If it does and scaling isn't altered then B2 bnbs will do 40% no bar.

I think the low minion buff is pointless because it doesn't alter the meta for your opponent. It's still block low until you see the over head minion and it now costs a bar. EX teleport is also 21 frames and does more damage so if you're going to use a 21 frame move to whiff punish you might as well use EX tele or run cancel F3.

I imagine they made F2 slower to compensate for it low crushing? As I said I think that was unnecessary.

Scoot Magee

That's what makes me think the B2 buff won't apply to Ninjutsu. If it does and scaling isn't altered then B2 bnbs will do 40% no bar.

I think the low minion buff is pointless because it doesn't alter the meta for your opponent. It's still block low until you see the over head minion and it now costs a bar. EX teleport is also 21 frames and does more damage so if you're going to use a 21 frame move to whiff punish you might as well use EX tele or run cancel F3.

I imagine they made F2 slower to compensate for it low crushing? As I said I think that was unnecessary.
The thing about whiff punishing is teleport whiffs against forward advancing strings pretty badly. I just think the low demon can cover some areas that teleport cant. As for mix ups I agree that blocking low then high works as always but it's faster so it's harder to react to when trying to move.

I totally agree that f2 did not need to be increased to 17 frames. Not sure why they did that if the move was always intended to go over lows.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I can't tell if the f2 change is good or bad. Its nice that it'll crush lows but giving a longer startup might mean people can jump out more in a lot of scenarios which would really hurt. I don't know I didn't really care if lows hit me out of it too much, d1's will still catch him regardless which is what most people do.

Guess time will tell. Inferno buff is nice. I doubt it'll make it better than the other variations but it's something at least.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
What reason did they have to increase F2's startup frames? I don't understand that one. Low crush is good though.

More damage on B2 is kinda cool too I guess. You could barely get anything off of it before.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
. B2 imo isn't very good regardless mostly due to the range. He has some little setups with it but I don't see the point when he's got better options.
Words are that jumping Hurtboxes got expanded and a lot of AAs are now legit, if this is true then B2 is a true reliable buff, but well see then the patch drops on the PS4

Honestly i dunno how to feel about the scorpion buffs, i think the most interesting one is B2, ex Low Demon being as fast as teleport didn't got me hype at all, aside from that, i was hope that Scorpion could get his 214 reps fixed back since the nerf screwed those BnBs.

They did nothing to Hellfire lol I'm sad. I was really hoping for armor on EX spear but nope. I might just give up on scorp

I can't tell if the f2 change is good or bad. Its nice that it'll crush lows but giving a longer startup might mean people can jump out more in a lot of scenarios which would really hurt. I don't know I didn't really care if lows hit me out of it too much, d1's will still catch him regardless which is what most people do.

Guess time will tell. Inferno buff is nice. I doubt it'll make it better than the other variations but it's something at least.
I guess they're satisfied where scorpion is and what to keep him there.

• Scorpion - Towards+BP now low crushes and has 17 frames startup (up from 15)
  • Scorpion - Increased the damage of Away+BP by 4
  • Scorpion (Inferno) - Low minion ex has 21 startup frames (down from 28) and does 5 damage (up from 3)
OMG please test out scorpions F3 FBC on it because it feels weird and slower now or is it just me?

Bro test out Scorpions FBC off of F3 on it it feels so much weirder and harder to do idk why :'(

Slips

The Firebal dash and run cancels are definitely fucked up. Trying to figure out wtf is going on. It feels like you can dash cancel but you can't run cancel. t put my finger on it yet.

Last edited:
The Firebal dash and run cancels are definitely fucked up. Trying to figure out wtf is going on. It feels like you can dash cancel but you can't run cancel. t put my finger on it yet.
Like I'm so fed up with this shit I spent so much time learning scorpions 214 FBC F3 FBC into 214 full combo punish if the opponent tried to poke out and now FBC off of F3 on hit it TOTALLY FUCKED UP... *Sigh* I guess NRS just wants players to roll with the punches... smh I heard Jax''s are screwed up too, I'm so disappointed man.

JTB123

I'm about to test out Scorp with the new patch now, not liking the sound of yet another change to FBC.

JTB123

aaaaaaand yeah they're totally screwed up. You have to hold the FB for a lot longer to run cancel now, all of his FBC links seem to be gone. B3 FBC, F3 FBC being the biggest casualties.

Slips

Like I'm so fed up with this shit I spent so much time learning scorpions 214 FBC F3 FBC into 214 full combo punish if the opponent tried to poke out and now FBC off of F3 on hit it TOTALLY FUCKED UP... *Sigh* I guess NRS just wants players to roll with the punches... smh I heard Jax''s are screwed up too, I'm so disappointed man.
I hate to admit it but I feel the same. It already took a long time to be able to do b3~FBRC without getting a spear on accident. Now b3 into combo is even harder and on block I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it without being punished.

You have to wait sooo late to do your dash that it barely works on hit. On block you gotta wait even later to dash cancel to run cancel to block to make it unpunishable. But by the time you realize it's blocked it's too late.

Idk I'll work with it more. This sucks though.

JTB123

Anyone else think there is a chance this is a bug? It wasn't listed in the full patch notes so it might be something that's been altered unintentionally.

MAN0

DevilApes
Anyone else think there is a chance this is a bug? It wasn't listed in the full patch notes so it might be something that's been altered unintentionally.
Let's just make a petition or something guys this is really unfair, took out his fbc's and left with what? a slow mo fb projectle? a can be seen from miles spear?

I don't get it, all fbc's were already unsafe after previous patch this is really unfair and we should tell them somehow.

JTB123

@Slips Have you gotten either B3 FBC or F3 FBC to connect yet with auot block enabled? I have not been able to get it once yet and I really feels like I'm getting the cancel as fast as possible.

My timing might be off but I think even if it possible then max range we can forget about it.