What's new

Breakthrough Scorpion Patch Changes V1.06 Discussion

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
OH SHIT!!!!!! Second teleport doesn't knock them to the ground as fast as it did pre patch. Now you can do 2 teleport punches mid screen before you use spear to continue the combo. I guess that is what they meant by Fixed an issue where Scorpion’s Teleport Punch would pass through opponents who are in a state where they cannot be repelled

midscreen f22u3 xx Teleport, nj3 xx Teleport, MB Spear, b3, j3, 2u3 xx slide = 32% (34% with j1)
pretty sure you could always do that combo, think its in one of the old patch videos by mcfly/tony t.
also slips explained the repelled state things few posts up

1man3letters

New scorpion no meter trait bread and butter damage! B1, Trait, f22u3, teleport, d2, b3, j3, 2u3. 31% Up by 7 % pre patch!

yea i already have that combo in the community combo guide which has been updated with all new damage data,
that combo u listed there if u do end in 2u3~leg takedown you get 32% instead :)

OBS|KH Rattlehead

real life Kenshi of the MK community.
pretty sure you could always do that combo, think its in one of the old patch videos by mcfly/tony t.
also slips explained the repelled state things few posts up
I'm trying to land that combo myself, but can't seem to get the timing right when doing the MB Teleport after the nj 3.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I'm starting to like Scorpion more and more as my main every day. Might need to change my avatar soon. Lobo community is becoming too mainstream.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Ahhh yea! I've been playing him as a second since the Zod patch now im starting to learn so much more with him from using background bounces to mixing the vortex up rather than just using b2 or b12. It's getting really fun, I just hope this forum comes alive again besides just 1man so we can discuss Matchups and all that good stuff.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Scorpion is good now, but i still think he's just like mk9 scorpion, high risk high reward, and no one will use him in any tournament ;___; .

OBS|KH Rattlehead

real life Kenshi of the MK community.
Scorpion is good now, but i still think he's just like mk9 scorpion, high risk high reward, and no one will use him in any tournament ;___; .
He was used on this Tuesday's The Break Injustice weekly by a guy that goes by Immortal Angel I think.
He was pretty good, except he could've used better bnbs.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
He was used on this Tuesday's The Break Injustice weekly by a guy that goes by Immortal Angel I think.
He was pretty good, except he could've used better bnbs.
i still miss his J3 ;___;. and i think Scorpion is now mid tier, just like mk9, with luck and good mind game you can still fuck people up lol.

1man3letters

1man3letters I have a question. Was Scorpion's 2U3 always an overhead or did this patch change it to overhead?

was always a overhead, just that it whiffed on certain crouching characters so now it hits everyone crouching was designed to.

another thing that got better in patch is 112~stage bounce and 3~stage bounce hits the female chars in both stances now :)

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
was always a overhead, just that it whiffed on certain crouching characters so now it hits everyone crouching was designed to.

another thing that got better in patch is 112~stage bounce and 3~stage bounce hits the female chars in both stances now :)

I am guessing against characters like Catwoman and Hawkgirl?

And that is also nice so that works on everyone too now?

Does 113 whiff at all on certain characters?

1man3letters

I am guessing against characters like Catwoman and Hawkgirl?

And that is also nice so that works on everyone too now?

Does 113 whiff at all on certain characters?

not just the female chars, few males aswell but it fixed now anyway

ye 113~telepunch whiffs on certain chars, there listed what ones in combo thread

Kim0z

Noob
Recently after the patch dropped, i started using Scorpion and im having lots of fun using this character.

when i went online, i got like 6 winning streaks with him and it was still my day one with him, Im not trying to show that im a pro or anything here but this is what happened. On day two i played some offline matches with my friend and it was even, but still scorpion really irritated him lol.

Anyways, why do people say that this char is low tier or bad?! He has lots and lots of good tools, a good low starter, an overhead (kinda slow unfortunately), an unblockable move that stops people from turtling, a good J1 and J3 (even after the nerf IMO),a viable vortex and not to mention the mind games.

Right now the only problem i see with him is that he really requires meter for his game, but does that really make him bad?

I really want to know your opinions and why do you think he is good or bad.

I know that lots of people here hate a MK character being in a DC universe, but here im talking about him as a char in a fighting game not whether you like him or not, so please keep that in mind if you want to post a reply :)

Thanks.

Recently after the patch dropped, i started using Scorpion and im having lots of fun using this character.

when i went online, i got like 6 winning streaks with him and it was still my day one with him, Im not trying to show that im a pro or anything here but this is what happened. On day two i played some offline matches with my friend and it was even, but still scorpion really irritated him lol.

Anyways, why do people say that this char is low tier or bad?! He has lots and lots of good tools, a good low starter, an overhead (kinda slow unfortunately), an unblockable move that stops people from turtling, a good J1 and J3 (even after the nerf IMO),a viable vortex and not to mention the mind games.

Right now the only problem i see with him is that he really requires meter for his game, but does that really make him bad?

I really want to know your opinions and why do you think he is good or bad.

I know that lots of people here hate a MK character being in a DC universe, but here im talking about him as a char in a fighting game not whether you like him or not, so please keep that in mind if you want to post a reply :)

Thanks.

top 10