What's new

Breakthrough Scorpion Patch Changes V1.06 Discussion

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Something that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes is that Scorpion's j3 the sword now has a hitbox activates sooner. Meaning it will hit over the top of his head better and not pass through opponent's nearly as much. Still is the same on the way down though, so don't get your hopes up. ;)

awesome, thanks for the info.

also could yourself or colt be able to clear what this means...
· Fixed an issue where Scorpion’s Teleport Punch would pass through opponents who are in a state where they cannot be repelled.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
I'm pretty sure they are talking about the corner vortex setup you posted in the Scorpion thread. It's the only thing I can make out of what they are trying to say.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
awesome, thanks for the info.

also could yourself or colt be able to clear what this means...
· Fixed an issue where Scorpion’s Teleport Punch would pass through opponents who are in a state where they cannot be repelled.
I believe this is referring Aquaman's water shield. Like Scorp passes through his body if he mb's his teleport punch. Doesn't really change anything. Just looked funny and got fixed.

zaf

professor
I am happy to see his damage being fixed.
It appears that is was a bug or something weird stopping him from getting damage. Like someone said in the thread already, it was probably MB spear and MB teleport that was casuing it. I was able to get the most damaging combos in the corner when I used next to no specials and all just normals and blockstrings. So with that data alone you could tell specials were doing him wrong.

2u3, I still used anyways. If it whiffed it whiffed, who cares. I wasn't going to stop using it.

I think these changes are enough to make me want to main him and be able to do so without any back ups.

As for his J3 hitbox back, he really does not need this. There is really only 1 or two purposes for this move and getting free jump ins is not one of them. What it is ideal for is cross ups. Let's say you do a 11 on block to someone, you can cross them up and with the right timing do a J3 that hits behind them. Having J3 the way it was before was just a braindead tool he had.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
(imo) it's annoying cuz i often do j1 -> 112 and sometime when j1 hits small chars (like KF) and the first 1 whiffs, it happens if j1 hits the small chars that aint close enough >.> ...

Minh Giang

i can't play the game today cuz i'm busy, but someone plz test this: try to punish MMH's teleports (both overhead and uppercut versions) on reaction with Scorp's teleport or trait. i remember that Scorp's trait can anti-air but it's hard cuz it needs timing and you can't really use it in real matches. and if Scorp can beat MMH teleport with his teleport on reaction, i'll use Scorp more :joker:. Tommorow i'll test and i hope i can find some safe jump or anti-wakeup techs for Scorp :joker:.

SmokeMaster

Thing is you can beat his overhead but you can't beat his under teleport on reaction. However, if you block the under teleport you get a free combo. If you block the overhead then you get nothing. Best solution is to meter burn b3 on reaction.

Minh Giang

shit, i can't play it today :( . gonna test scorpion tommorow, hope i can find safe jump/anti wakeup or someshit like that.

1man3letters

i can't play the game today cuz i'm busy, but someone plz test this: try to punish MMH's teleports (both overhead and uppercut versions) on reaction with Scorp's teleport or trait. i remember that Scorp's trait can anti-air but it's hard cuz it needs timing and you can't really use it in real matches. and if Scorp can beat MMH teleport with his teleport on reaction, i'll use Scorp more :joker:. Tommorow i'll test and i hope i can find some safe jump or anti-wakeup techs for Scorp :joker:.
you can catch the non-overhead tele the very odd time but in no way can u do it on reaction.
overhead tele hits trait everytime.

shit, i can't play it today :( . gonna test scorpion tommorow, hope i can find safe jump/anti wakeup or someshit like that.

f22d3 safe jump vs alot the cast.
you get a free dash after 2u3 and 212 combo enders aswell and both them untechable knockdowns, no safe jump though.
you also get TONS of frame advantage and a untechable knockdown from the stage bounces as combo enders.

anti wakeup-mb b3 that shit lol

I have very high hopes for scorp tomorrow.
useing trait in combos would over scale way too much to the point it would add only 1% to his bnbs lol
Stay Pawsitive <3

Minh Giang

now i use F22U3 to end his corner combos more than 112/F22U3 x Tele for vortex, if opponents don't roll, they can't wakeup -> no invincible frames, and both are in the corner so i can continue the vortex, if they roll and then wakeup i will wait to punish their wakeup if it is unsafe. i could be wrong cuz i played Injustice only 10' today :p .

D

Deleted member 9158

I wasn't even aware being still played this character legitimately

1man3letters

just got patch there and found a stealth nerf,
d3 now says -13 when was -8 before :(

EDIT: frame data correction

SmokeMaster

OH SHIT!!!!!! Second teleport doesn't knock them to the ground as fast as it did pre patch. Now you can do 2 teleport punches mid screen before you use spear to continue the combo. I guess that is what they meant by Fixed an issue where Scorpion’s Teleport Punch would pass through opponents who are in a state where they cannot be repelled

OH SHIT!!!!!! Second teleport doesn't knock them to the ground as fast as it did pre patch. Now you can do 2 teleport punches mid screen before you use spear to continue the combo. I guess that is what they meant by Fixed an issue where Scorpion’s Teleport Punch would pass through opponents who are in a state where they cannot be repelled
How much can get off a double teleport?

After the b3 do you have to time use trait and go into vortex or can it only be done after the MB spear? Seems like the gravity would be hella high.