What's new

Scorpion Match-Ups Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Figured it’d be good to have a thread dedicated to MU’s for Scorpion.

This isn’t specific to the Scorpion vs Raiden MU, but it is something every character can do vs Raiden’s Electromagnetic Storm. You can block the first hit and then Flawless Block on later hits. This allows you to Flawless Block it on reaction, only taking minimal chip damage.

Vs Baraka, he likes to do his aerial “fuck neutral” special and then makes it safe with Cyrax. Well Scorpion’s b2 actually beats it out right. And you can combo off of it as well.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Vs Baraka

You can reversal punish his b3 (the mid to low attack) with both bf2 (Blazing Charge) and EX bf2. It’s -14 on block, and bf2 startup is 13f.

If he goes for b31, that’s safe on block (-7). However, there’s a gap. So you can EX bf2 to punish the gap. And the timing will be the same for b3 and b31 on block if you do EX bf2.

If he goes for 21, that’s safe on block (-2). However, there’s a gap. So you can EX bf2 to punish the gap.

If he goes for just the 2 (which is a high), and cancels it into df2 (Baraka Barrage), there’s a gap in df2 as well that can be punished by EX bf2. However, if he knows you’re trying to blow up the gap, he can call Cyrax Kameo and you will get hit but will be able to block again but won’t be able to punish. I don’t see really any Baraka’s doing just 2 into df2 though, only reason they’d do that is if they specifically knew the MU, and know you know the gaps.

You can also anti air his air df2 (Death Spin) with b2 as I showed in the OP. You also can combo off of it if you’re ready for it or have good reactions.

It's funny because I just labbed reptile b313 ex run. I hate labbing but I was getting tired of this interaction. When you call scorpion spear assist after blocking the second hit you can dash up for a full combo punish and when you call it after blocking the third hit you get a full combo punish

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Ok so I play the game waaaaay more than my friend does but you wouldn't be able to tell from our Scorpion (Me) vs Raiden (Him) sets. LMAO. For reference, I use Scorpion/Scorpion primarily and find the Cyrax chipout boring as hell to play. He, however, is EXTREMELY good at "turtleing" and "hit and run". Usually together. He uses the Electric Storm like it's an Ice Clone or Counter/Punish move and just damn. Combined with the sweep string and the overhead one it feels like such an uphill battle despite my having way more practice and experience.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Vs Baraka

You can reversal punish his b3 (the mid to low attack) with both bf2 (Blazing Charge) and EX bf2. It’s -14 on block, and bf2 startup is 13f.

If he goes for b31, that’s safe on block (-7). However, there’s a gap. So you can EX bf2 to punish the gap. And the timing will be the same for b3 and b31 on block if you do EX bf2.

If he goes for 21, that’s safe on block (-2). However, there’s a gap. So you can EX bf2 to punish the gap.

If he goes for just the 2 (which is a high), and cancels it into df2 (Baraka Barrage), there’s a gap in df2 as well that can be punished by EX bf2. However, if he knows you’re trying to blow up the gap, he can call Cyrax Kameo and you will get hit but will be able to block again but won’t be able to punish. I don’t see really any Baraka’s doing just 2 into df2 though, only reason they’d do that is if they specifically knew the MU, and know you know the gaps.

You can also anti air his air df2 (Death Spin) with b2 as I showed in the OP. You also can combo off of it if you’re ready for it or have good reactions.
Here’s some combos you can do with Cyrax Kameo after interrupting Baraka’s df2 with EX bf2

The first one is the least risky and most consistent, and also does the most damage IF you can land the d2. The other 2 Cyrax can send them away from you so you don’t get the spear. But your timing has to be perfect if he send the opponent towards you, otherwise your spear will whiff. Oh and keep in mind, you don’t need to even use Cyrax here. It’s just cool that you can get a little extra damage. And you can end this combo however you’d like, just wanted to show some possibilities.