What's new

Scorpion Kombos

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
non-kameo base 1bar combo (407.12 or 398.62 dmg.): f32, j12-EXdb2, air111 (note you must delay air111 until close to the ground to connect), bf1, 33-db2 or bf2. Alot of room for variations on this concept like adding a second f34 after first for 426.25 or 419.39 dmg. You can do alot of damage with Scorpion the trick is just getting to learn how to get past their defenses since he has issues on that front imo.

Scorpion + Scorpion kameo (meterless, 377.23 or 368.34 dmg.):
f32, j12-db2+Neutral Kameo (the close AA Fireballs), 4-spear, 33-db2 or bf2.

My execution in crap and I'm struggling with the timing myself (but I can do it so I know it's actually a fairly easy combo, lol). I know if you time the Scorp Kameo better on the second one it can really get to 390something instead of 377 dmg. but I tend to get the lesser damage frequently because yesh timing isn't my friend.

f32, f32, 4bf1, choice of enders like 33db2, 33db3, 333bf2 (you can do the full 333 into dash on shorter combos) or throw. Mix in kameos for varied results.

21bf1 and 333bf1 are also decent starters for short ground combos ave. 25-30% easy damage with no meter or kameo. His air combos get nuts and I'm still really experimenting on those.

Last edited:
non-kameo base 1bar combo (407.12 or 398.62 dmg.): f34, j12-EXdb2, air111, bf1, 33-db2 or bf2. Alot of room for variations on this concept like adding a second f34 after first for 426.25 or 419.39 dmg.
Thanks for sharing some combos, just started playing today.

I assumed you mean f32? I'm really struggling to land this combo. Do you have a video on it or any tips on connecting the spear?

Edit: Got there in the end, required delaying the 111 till being close to the floor.

Video example

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Thanks for sharing some combos, just started playing today.

I assumed you mean f32? I'm really struggling to land this combo. Do you have a video on it or any tips on connecting the spear?

Edit: Got there in the end, required delaying the 111 till being close to the floor.

Video example
Yeah the in-air 111 timing is really tight if you are mid screen - I got confused for a while because the timing seemed to vary a lot randomly between lenient and strict, but I realized the leniency was coming from resetting practice to round start mid screen, and from there the opponent barely touches the corner after 111 giving spear a much bigger window to connect

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Yes sorry I absolutely meant f32 will edit. Sorry no idea what I was thinking when I mistyped that. Also added note about delaying air111 being essential.

Haven’t watched any Scorpion combos before I started trying to learn some, so no idea if either one of these are any good. But here they are:

f32 starter:

b3 starter:
personally i like him with sektor,you can do stuff like this:

2(sektor missile)1xxbf4,dash f32 f32 jump kickxxairdb2ex,delayed air 2,dash 4xxbf1,3(sektor missile)3xxbf4,f32 micro dash 4xxbf2 45%

wsj515

Haven’t watched any Scorpion combos before I started trying to learn some, so no idea if either one of these are any good. But here they are:

f32 starter:

b3 starter:
For f32 starter, you can get a little more w/ no kameos using f32 f32 j12xxEXdb2 (wait until lowest possible moment) j111xxbf1, 33xxdb2 for 426.25 - I'm sure you can likely get even more w/ kameo

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
For f32 starter, you can get a little more w/ no kameos using f32 f32 j12xxEXdb2 (wait until lowest possible moment) j111xxbf1, 33xxdb2 for 426.25 - I'm sure you can likely get even more w/ kameo
EDIT: nvm, just wasn’t doing the j111 low enough. You weren’t kidding about doing it “as low as possible”. Appreciate it.

Also, you telling me this combo made me realize there’s a “close” Kyo Snag, lmao. Thought there was only the regular one (the bf2 one). This makes things a lot easier lol

wsj515

EDIT: nvm, just wasn’t doing the j111 low enough. You weren’t kidding about doing it “as low as possible”. Appreciate it.

Also, you telling me this combo made me realize there’s a “close” Kyo Snag, lmao. Thought there was only the regular one (the bf2 one). This makes things a lot easier lol
yeah its super tight, though if the opponent ever gets to the corner mid-combo the window gets much bigger - and for (ia)db2 its important to know since bf2 just refuses to ever connect in the corner.

TBH online I never use j111, I just use j4 since its so much more consistent.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
yeah its super tight, though if the opponent ever gets to the corner mid-combo the window gets much bigger - and for (ia)db2 its important to know since bf2 just refuses to ever connect in the corner.

TBH online I never use j111, I just use j4 since its so much more consistent.
I practice with online delay. Going from delay to no delay is a lot easier to adapt to and is quicker than trying to adapt to delay after playing with none (for me at least). So I typically don’t have troubles hitting combos online. Only times I do is if there’s super high ping and WiFi, aka lag spikes and what not. Oh and I really don’t have time these days to go to offline stuff anyway, nor do I play enough to really win anything other than locals lol.

TheHighArab

Mortal Kombats Highest Arab
so I’m using double scorpion and I have this neat 51 percent combo. Now it does use one bar and Fatal blow, but it has won me plenty of matches. F32,J12xxEXdb3,J12xxdb2,Nkameo,BF1,21xxFB

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
so I’m using double scorpion and I have this neat 51 percent combo. Now it does use one bar and Fatal blow, but it has won me plenty of matches. F32,J12xxEXdb3,J12xxdb2,Nkameo,BF1,21xxFB
Nice. God, I think I've actually landed Scorpion's Fatal Blow like twice without it being string canceled into? I even botched it doing it immediately after a spear hit because I was desperate and worried the FB input would decide to not register if I combo'd. Nope, they had time after spear to block it and kill me.

wsj515

I practice with online delay. Going from delay to no delay is a lot easier to adapt to and is quicker than trying to adapt to delay after playing with none (for me at least). So I typically don’t have troubles hitting combos online. Only times I do is if there’s super high ping and WiFi, aka lag spikes and what not. Oh and I really don’t have time these days to go to offline stuff anyway, nor do I play enough to really win anything other than locals lol.
I actually forgot we could add online delay to practice mode... definitely adding asap.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
46% 1 bar with Scorpion Kameo. Believe you can also do this with Cyrax Kameo and probably others.

Mid screen you can’t get the b2 into spear, so you have to just do a raw spear. Which only does 1% less damage at 45%
Also, you can also end with bf4 for the restand mixups. You can end with bf4 and have just enough distance to do b3 into Scorpion Kameo and even end the combo with another bf4. Definitely cooking something up here I think

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Also, you can also end with bf4 for the restand mixups. You can end with bf4 and have just enough distance to do b3 into Scorpion Kameo and even end the combo with another bf4. Definitely cooking something up here I think
This I definitely want to see when you've got it down. I can barely get down the timing on the lowair111 to standing spear and I was the one who originally posted that combo (lmao). I always either drop it with my air spear refusing to EX for me or I mistime my damned 111 and can't spear. At least when I botch the 111 it's already done 36% damage (not to metion the morale damage for my opponent who's already sweating about if that combo was ever going to end).

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This I definitely want to see when you've got it down. I can barely get down the timing on the lowair111 to standing spear and I was the one who originally posted that combo (lmao). I always either drop it with my air spear refusing to EX for me or I mistime my damned 111 and can't spear. At least when I botch the 111 it's already done 36% damage (not to metion the morale damage for my opponent who's already sweating about if that combo was ever going to end).
Well I work fairly diligently on my execution. Like, I’ll do the same combo hundreds of times in a row in training mode. Then when I think I have it down, I do a test. I have to do it facing right 10 out of 10 times, then facing left 10 out of 10 times. If I get to 9 then drop it on the 10th, I gotta start over. This helps my execution a lot. And the main reason I do this is because you don’t want to be thinking too much about the combo in a real match. You want to have it down to muscle memory so you can focus on the match, the opponent, what you’re going to do next, what do you think they’re going to do after the combo, etc etc. Plus I can’t stand dropping combos. It irritates that hell out of me, as I’d imagine is the case with most players. But it also irritates me when I see other players drop combos as well, lol. It’s just a very very strange pet peeve. That said, if it’s in a tournament that’s completely different and understandable. Because tournament nerves are absolutely a thing a lot of people including myself have to deal with. Anyway enough rambling lol.

I’m just really liking Scorpion and think he has potential to be a pretty solid character. Definitely nowhere near the top, but still think he’s a solid mid tier-ish character. But we’ll see, still super early