What's new

Video/Tutorial - Hellfire Scorpion Fireball Cancel Tutorial

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
so how many times can i run cancel in a row? does it work more than two times
on block, 2 times.
on hit, 1 time.

but on block you can use stagger blockstrings to refill your stamina, on the second rep or 3rd rep, so you can use more loops in case they respect a counter.
On the second rep your stamina refills completely and you can use 3 reps again.
on the 3rd rep it refills to the point of you doing 2 more.

standing 1 being +1 on block can also help you with that, ex fireball on block too.

i'm not much of a fan of d1 to blockstrings, pokes like these that are negative on block are made to reverse pressure, not to start one, on the video i loaded today i think i've shown some examples of me blowing up ppl d1ing on my teleport cancels by trying to apply pressure afterwards Its never good when you D1 gets blocked, there is a 50-50 chance of you either get grabbed or being punished by trying to move away or start pressure.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
on block, 2 times.
on hit, 1 time.

but on block you can use stagger blockstrings to refill your stamina, on the second rep or 3rd rep, so you can use more loops in case they respect a counter.
On the second rep your stamina refills completely and you can use 3 reps again.
on the 3rd rep it refills to the point of you doing 2 more.

standing 1 being +1 on block can also help you with that, ex fireball on block too.

i'm not much of a fan of d1 to blockstrings, pokes like these that are negative on block are made to reverse pressure, not to start one, on the video i loaded today i think i've shown some examples of me blowing up ppl d1ing on my teleport cancels by trying to apply pressure afterwards Its never good when you D1 gets blocked, there is a 50-50 chance of you either get grabbed or being punished by trying to move away or start pressure.
Wow thanks for this awesome post man.
So the best staager would be 214 ?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Wow thanks for this awesome post man.
So the best staager would be 214 ?
Stagger strings are the ones that feels like stopping, but are safe on block.

Standing 1 stagger on block and is +1 when blocked
11 is also -4 and is a stagger string
B12 is -4 and is also a stagger string
214 doesn't stagger, but the block stun is similar to the stagger strings so you can use the options above to decieve your opponents since 214 is not safe on block and some characters can reversal punish it.

say you land a big combo into teleport, everyone is expecting 214~fbc reps with a B3 or F2/F4 mixups in the middle.

But if you cancel those into stagger, you increase your mixup options and invites retaliation at late brain recognition, which works at your advantage to bait them into release block.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Stagger strings are the ones that feels like stopping, but are safe on block.

Standing 1 stagger on block and is +1 when blocked
11 is also -4 and is a stagger string
B12 is -4 and is also a stagger string
214 doesn't stagger, but the block stun is similar to the stagger strings so you can use the options above to decieve your opponents since 214 is not safe on block and some characters can reversal punish it.

say you land a big combo into teleport, everyone is expecting 214~fbc reps with a B3 or F2/F4 mixups in the middle.

But if you cancel those into stagger, you increase your mixup options and invites retaliation at late brain recognition, which works at your advantage to bait them into release block.
I finally got it. Now i can bait and play mind games on my opponents ^^
just like johnnys 11 which is +2 on block
Thanks man