What's new

Video/Tutorial - Hellfire Scorpion Fireball Cancel Tutorial

Scorpion Fireball Cancel Tutorial
This video is for anyone who is playing Scorpion right now but does not know how to do fireball cancels.

This video will hopefully convert Ninjitsu and Inferno Scorpion players to the superior Hellfire variation. You can only avoid the learning curve for so long.

Not every possible situation is covered here but all of the basics are.

Any questions or comments? Let me know.

This video follows the same format as my Liu Kang Fireball Cancel Tutorial available here.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/liu-kangs-fireball-cancel.52407/

I put a lot of work into all of my projects so hopefully you enjoy.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Great work! I was thinking of doing this but it's easier to explain if you have a microphone so I'm glad you did it first.

Should have added that FBC allows b3 to be hitconfirmable though I guess you could just put that as an annotation or a comment or something.

Dat hat tip to TYM at the end lol

Great work! I was thinking of doing this but it's easier to explain if you have a microphone so I'm glad you did it first.

Should have added that FBC allows b3 to be hitconfirmable though I guess you could just put that as an annotation or a comment or something.

Dat hat tip to TYM at the end lol
Yeah I had to give TYM a little something' somethin' considering I wouldn't know shit about shat had I never found this site. I used to think the guy with the biggest combo video was the best MK player of all time and I tried to be like that lol.

Also yeah the b3 hitconfirm is awesome. I didn't think to add it though but i'll add an annotation later.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I know Hellfire is superior with the low risk high reward everything, but i still play all scorpion variations regardless, and there are some MU where i think using Ninjutsu is way more fun.

I know Hellfire is superior with the low risk high reward everything, but i still play all scorpion variations regardless, and there are some MU where i think using Ninjutsu is way more fun.
I have personally never used ninjitsu. What are some of the advantages?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I have personally never used ninjitsu. What are some of the advantages?
+Armor Killer (Ninjutsu has specific tools that can render a lot of wakeup worthless MB'ed or not)
+Range that allows you to whiff punish from halfscreen
+safe overhead blockstrings (F42, 212)
+Disjointed hitboxes (NJP, F2, B2, and any sword hit doesn't share the same hitbox with scorpion)
+ Lots of damage opportunities and open ppl up
+ Works incredibly well with teleport cancels
+ Anti-Air tool (B2 and F2)

- Very Low Damage output compared to Hellfire and Inferno
- Lacks support specials to strike people from afar like inferno do
- Can't apply continuous pressure like hellfire do

In general is a variation to fight characters who heavily depend of getting in, and are dependable of strong wakeups, characters that lacks fast traveling special can't punish F2 when max ranged, and those who can are always looking for it, which ends up getting thrown a lot.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
My deal breaker for ninjutsu was that f2 which his fastest overhead is no longer an overhead. I'm sure ninjutsu has it's perks but that alone messes up my whole play style.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
With that range it would make his game way too strong, on the contrary he would be just dumb and react to characters blocking which in consequence it would prevent them from moving at all fearing B2.

As for now i keep saying, B2 scales way too much damage and that move is the combo extender equivalent to hellfire and inferno, so even if they decide it needs to keep scaling at least the initial damage should be 5% instead of 3%.

I'll just F4 the shit out of this. This is cool tech but it won't work on people who can read.
Im not sure what f4 does but it wont get you out of a block string that's for sure. No matter how well you read I still build tons of meter everytime and have so many options. So many people online think they can armor out, uppercut, poke etc and it is beautiful when i hitconfirm 214 into a full combo.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
With that range it would make his game way too strong, on the contrary he would be just dumb and react to characters blocking which in consequence it would prevent them from moving at all fearing B2.

As for now i keep saying, B2 scales way too much damage and that move is the combo extender equivalent to hellfire and inferno, so even if they decide it needs to keep scaling at least the initial damage should be 5% instead of 3%.
If it still scales 25% then it's still crap. But realistically I don't think Scorpion will ever get this buff so I've turned my back on ninjutsu. If I wanted to play footsies I would pick up KJ or Takeda.

LOLOLOLOLOL TAKEDA YEAH FUCKIN RIGHT

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Im not sure what f4 does but it wont get you out of a block string that's for sure. No matter how well you read I still build tons of meter everytime and have so many options. So many people online think they can armor out, uppercut, poke etc and it is beautiful when i hitconfirm 214 into a full combo.
IKR

What I find more satisfying is playing opponents who understand the blockstring, because if they don't then there is no reason to do mixups.

And then sometimes online lag makes me mess up a bit and they poke out once or twice but it trains them to think that they always can but i simply tighten my execution and full combo nonstop as they keep trying to armor or poke lol. So silly.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Oh hey Ares while I've got you on do you mind if in the future I add this video to a Hellfire Guide playlist? I've still got a few vids to go of course but since you covered this part pretty well I figure it'll just be better to put this one in rather than make my own FBC tutorial.

Just want to add that if you want safe max chip damage (after FA 21 Tele) I do 214 FBRC, 214 FBRC, B121.

Also I'm currently working on playing with the EX FB which plus on block. Since he doesn't NEED meter for damage this is most likely going to be viable if I can get the pressure sequence correct.

Of course draw back being if they read you're doing this they can simply duck and punish but mixed in with normal cancels it's a good mind game.

Basically the idea of it is doing something like 214 FBRC, 214 EX FB, 214 FBRC, 214 FBRC, B121 to end safe. The EX FB allows your stamina to refill and begin FBRCs again.

If this ends up working out you can potentially do up to four EX FBs starting with full meter with the meter he gains from thw blocked strings.

Just an idea I had that needs testing. Let me know your thoughts.

Oh hey Ares while I've got you on do you mind if in the future I add this video to a Hellfire Guide playlist? I've still got a few vids to go of course but since you covered this part pretty well I figure it'll just be better to put this one in rather than make my own FBC tutorial.
Not a problem at all. It's all for the community

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Just want to add that if you want safe max chip damage (after FA 21 Tele) I do 214 FBRC, 214 FBRC, B121.

Also I'm currently working on playing with the EX FB which plus on block. Since he doesn't NEED meter for damage this is most likely going to be viable if I can get the pressure sequence correct.

Of course draw back being if they read you're doing this they can simply duck and punish but mixed in with normal cancels it's a good mind game.

Basically the idea of it is doing something like 214 FBRC, 214 EX FB, 214 FBRC, 214 FBRC, B121 to end safe. The EX FB allows your stamina to refill and begin FBRCs again.

If this ends up working out you can potentially do up to four EX FBs starting with full meter with the meter he gains from thw blocked strings.

Just an idea I had that needs testing. Let me know your thoughts.

It's been thoroughly tested, and in fact I covered it in a video that I've already posted here.

1). they cannot duck the EXFB from 214 blockstring because of blockstring/frametrap mechanics so it's either legit chip or straight up damage.

2). 214xxFBC 214xxFBC 214 builds 3/4 of a bar of meter, so the real cost of EXFB is 1/4 bar out of your pocket.

3). when EXFB is blocked you can do a d1 and with good timing it will actually blockstring. Anyone who doesn't specifically understand this matchup will likely try to return after blocking EXFB, and if d1 hits you can do 1 more 214xxFBC which will also frametrap/blockstring and is possible due to quick stamina recovery, and mix it up from there.

Not a problem at all. It's all for the community
sweet thanks. I've still got a few vids to go, maybe I'll message you later and get your input on some things.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If it still scales 25% then it's still crap. But realistically I don't think Scorpion will ever get this buff so I've turned my back on ninjutsu. If I wanted to play footsies I would pick up KJ or Takeda.

LOLOLOLOLOL TAKEDA YEAH FUCKIN RIGHT
That is not how scaling works
B2 has damage protetion, a rep would reduce the move in 70% of actual damage, so B2 does 3% a rep would do 2.45% or something

By having on 5% it would be 4% then 3%

Which in consequence would deal 30% meterless or around that mark.

Ninjutsu is awesome, it doesn't have retarted low overhead mixups that leads to damage, but honestly it doesn't need it, which is what doubles the fun.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Well I can say that Hellfire and inferno's b2 reduces the damage of the next hit (and all subsequent hits) by a fixed 25%. If you can find a combo that disproves this then I'll eat my words.