What's new

Scorpion Discussion

Kokoko

Somehow
They definitely didn't go in depth enough. Hopefully Ketchup & Mustard, Rooflmonger, or SOMEBODY will be invited to playtest them for a real breakdown video. We got from any of them then we did from the KK honestly. I'd like to actually know details on what normals/strings Scorpion and Johnny have, what their specials can and cannot do/what changes when enhanced for each, etc. Like an actual gameplay breakdown instead of a longer gameplay teaser with only a little bit of intel, lol. Loving what I saw for both but still have more questions than solid answers. Even basic stuff like "is Scorpion Hanzo or Kuai Liang?
They hinted during character breakdowns that things and combos that work now might not work in the future. And 3 times they said "work in progress". I think it's pointless to do a detailed analysis now if they change a lot with the first day patch. I don't remember MK11, but MKX before and after the first patch on release day were different games.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yes I mentioned it at the end of the original post. Its pretty cool, but I have a feeling there will be some kind of drawback to it. I feel since Scorpion is essentially spearing you...might take some kind of damage as a result of being pulled full screen. I may be wrong, but It would seem rather abusable to constantly go full screen for free? idk, we'll have to see.

And yes, Ed Boon confirmed the day of the reveal that you can have same character Kameos.
Well isn’t there some type of Kameo “meter” or bar/cooldown or something? I didn’t get a code for the stress test so I don’t know. Regardless, I know you can’t just “spam” the Kameo’s. Anyway, that move in particular might be the main reason I use Scorpion’s Kameo. It just seems so good.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
They definitely didn't go in depth enough. Hopefully Ketchup & Mustard, Rooflmonger, or SOMEBODY will be invited to playtest them for a real breakdown video. We got from any of them then we did from the KK honestly. I'd like to actually know details on what normals/strings Scorpion and Johnny have, what their specials can and cannot do/what changes when enhanced for each, etc. Like an actual gameplay breakdown instead of a longer gameplay teaser with only a little bit of intel, lol. Loving what I saw for both but still have more questions than solid answers. Even basic stuff like "is Scorpion Hanzo or Kuai Liang?
Well they’re not going to do a super in depth breakdown of characters. Just showing off most of the basic stuff as well as some more “advanced” stuff. But I’m glad they don’t tell you everything. That’s a massive part of the fun when learning a new fighting game. Figuring everything out on your own and learning from others within the community!

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
@Juggs and @Kokoko, yes that's fair. I wasn't expecting like frame data or anything just "this is what we are planning his ex spear to do" type stuff. I guess I'm just (mis)remembering them giving a bit more info in previous KKs. Also getting better info on how the game's mechanics MAY work from fans/influencers and not the devs is weird to me I suppose. I know that we can safely assume from extensive past experience that if Scorpion is any good at launch, the internet will cry and he will be almost immediately nerfed to slightly above dumpster fire anyway sooooo... :(. But hey I'm stoked for that first month where my boy looks like he is gonna rock! ;)

Do you guys think Scorpion can ex his teleport for a combo? The only time it was exed is when he canceled it in the fight v Cage. Or you guys think ex is only for cancel?

Do you guys think Scorpion can ex his teleport for a combo? The only time it was exed is when he canceled it in the fight v Cage. Or you guys think ex is only for cancel?
Scorpion’s standard teleport seems allow for a combo on hit. There is a brief pause that looks to serve as visual confirmation of a hit which can then be followed up by combo.

The best clip we have of that is in the Lin Kuei trailer when he does it to Rain.

It actually sounds potentially broken if that’s the case, but it just looks like that’s what happens as of now.

No way to tell without a combo counter unfortunately.

Last edited:
Scorpion’s standard teleport seems allow for a combo on hit. There is a brief pause that looks to serve as visual confirmation of a hit which can then be followed up by combo.

The best clip we have of that is in the Lin Kuei trailer when he does it to Rain.

It actually sounds potentially broken if that’s the case, but it just looks like that’s what happens as of now.

No way to tell without a combo counter unfortunately.
Yes I see the combo in the air, I meant on the ground if you can ex teleport and get a pop-up