What's new

Scorpion Discussion

So his game play was revealed. I wasn’t blown away necessarily but it wasn’t bad.

Hellfire returns as a low hitting attack and if amplified becomes unblockable minus hit stun.

Unsafe on block of course.

Spear is really REALLY fast but is also unsafe on block.

Teleport returns as well but as of the gameplay video didn’t seem to have an amplified version like the previous two titles, however you can combo off it now. There appears to be this moment of pause when it connects which I presume is to give you visual confirmation that you can continue with a combo. Doesn’t seem like a teleport cancel option returns this time which actually really saddens me.

He gets a long range sweep with the spear as well as a few strings that he performs with it. Also punishable.

A special attack where he whips the flaming spear around in circular motions.

He also has a spear attack anti air which looks useful.

Air spear which we saw is cool looking along with his trademark air throw.

Then there’s also that flaming slide through spear attack that looks best suited as a combo ender.

Probably also unsafe on block lol.

Oh and can we talk about Kameo Scorpion spear pulling you out of harms way????

I probably missed something else.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
His combo potential and expression looks like it'll be the best it's ever been. Looking at the trailer and the kombat kast showcase, he can mix and match:
*Grounded strings
*Launchers
*Spear
*Enhanced air kama (effectively just spear in the air)
*Kameos
*Air teleport
*Aerial strings
*Landing mid juggle for grounded strings

It also looked like his damage output is pretty high. The main combo in the showcase on the KK did what, 37% with one bar and no kameos?

His combo potential and expression looks like it'll be the best it's ever been. Looking at the trailer and the kombat kast showcase, he can mix and match:
*Grounded strings
*Launchers
*Spear
*Enhanced air kama (effectively just spear in the air)
*Kameos
*Air teleport
*Aerial strings
*Landing mid juggle for grounded strings

It also looked like his damage output is pretty high. The main combo in the showcase on the KK did what, 37% with one bar and no kameos?
Yeah he’ll definitely have some awesome potential for combos, no doubt about it.

When it comes to damage though, I’m really keeping my expectations low for the final release.

NRS usually likes to ruin the fun.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
It's not the roster version, but Kameo Scorpion apparently gives you an armored escape. You see it at around 0:43 of the trailer. One of the more interesting assists we've seen.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
He looks dope from the little we saw from him in the trailer. Definitely looking like he’s going to be my 2nd main behind HSmoke!

I just really need a proper Scorpion costume. These looks are not growing on me at all. The hair, the nearly identical clothing (Now with Smoke looking the exact same), it’s getting a little worrisome that alternate outfits will just be renditions of the default looks.

Yeeeah Scorpion is definitely not gonna be the one to try and zone.

As per usual of course.

I think the threat of teleport mixed with how fast spear is as well as hellfire is gonna be something peculiar to deal with.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Also gave him his 3 kicks string from UMK3
Yes, ZZCC, while its as iconic, Angola has a personal attachement with C,A in general as you guys see we even have genesis notations to it, that is the most popular string here, because everyone played ermac and H.Smoke, so everyone wondered why didn't scorpion ever got a C, A for himself, finally after almos 30 years they finally gave him C, A, that's a milestone:laughing:

Never a bad idea.

Is it? I gotta go back and see now.

Also..I find it hilarious that Sub-Zero basically has his own “hellfire” attack now with Deadly Vapors.

That’ll be interesting pitted against one another.
I made a mistake, it's the same kick as his back throw in 11

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just finished the KK. So yeah, Scorpion is definitely looking to be my co main. He has a lot of UMK3 Human Smoke stuff going on. I’ve never been super set on maining even 1 character pre-release. It’s always a “this will probably be a character I look to try out but we’ll see”. And that IS true for the other characters. But Scorpion and HSmoke are gonna be my day 1 mains and I’ll be using them throughout the lifespan of MK1!

Something else I took notice of is it seems air spear might require meter to combo off of which I suppose makes sense. It would also be pretty kickass if you could jump backwards and spear an airborne opponent for a full combo. Man I want to see more.

I feel like they didn't show enough.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
As far as Scorpion as a Kameo, did anyone else notice that one of his Kameo moves is to essentially spear your character and basically teleport him backwards by yanking him? I feel like both Scorpion and the Scorpion Kameo are gonna be pretty good.

Also, have they mentioned if you are going to be able to use the same character you’re using as a Kameo? Aka Scorpion + Scorpion?

As far as Scorpion as a Kameo, did anyone else notice that one of his Kameo moves is to essentially spear your character and basically teleport him backwards by yanking him? I feel like both Scorpion and the Scorpion Kameo are gonna be pretty good.

Also, have they mentioned if you are going to be able to use the same character you’re using as a Kameo? Aka Scorpion + Scorpion?
Yes I mentioned it at the end of the original post. Its pretty cool, but I have a feeling there will be some kind of drawback to it. I feel since Scorpion is essentially spearing you...might take some kind of damage as a result of being pulled full screen. I may be wrong, but It would seem rather abusable to constantly go full screen for free? idk, we'll have to see.

And yes, Ed Boon confirmed the day of the reveal that you can have same character Kameos.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
They definitely didn't go in depth enough. Hopefully Ketchup & Mustard, Rooflmonger, or SOMEBODY will be invited to playtest them for a real breakdown video. We got from any of them then we did from the KK honestly. I'd like to actually know details on what normals/strings Scorpion and Johnny have, what their specials can and cannot do/what changes when enhanced for each, etc. Like an actual gameplay breakdown instead of a longer gameplay teaser with only a little bit of intel, lol. Loving what I saw for both but still have more questions than solid answers. Even basic stuff like "is Scorpion Hanzo or Kuai Liang?