What's new

General/Other Scorpion Day 1 Mains

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Ok, hes the official 'counter zoner.

Teleport is 23 frames and on meterburn its +9 on block.

You can't poke out of it. You can't do shit against it. Tried everything I could think of with Aquaman. Since it reverses sides you can't exactly armor B3 it or anything.

187x

Noob
Ok, hes the official 'counter zoner.

Teleport is 23 frames and on meterburn its +9 on block.

You can't poke out of it. You can't do shit against it. Tried everything I could think of with Aquaman. Since it reverses sides you can't exactly armor B3 it or anything.
what are the frames on his strings?

JaredL

what are the frames on his strings?

Well, he has a 6f 1 which hits high.
His best stuff is probably:

21 which is a 9f mid starter into +5 mid
Can end with 212 into overhead -6 on block

2U3 is mid into overhead +4 on block, can be combo into ex teleport if you commit

His low starter is B1, 16 frames and -9,
You can add B12 and it hits mid for second and is -12
Best stuff is probably his F113, 8 frames mid start up into +8

187x

Noob
Well, he has a 6f 1 which hits high.
His best stuff is probably:

21 which is a 9f mid starter into +5 mid
Can end with 212 into overhead -6 on block

2U3 is mid into overhead +4 on block, can be combo into ex teleport if you commit

doesn't he have his 111 and 11 or 21?

HanzSco

NetherJerk

Liking this. F113 is the sword swipes to the launcher, right?

JaredL

so what's Scorpion's trait, just a generic damage boost?

It extends combos.

If your opponent is in a juggle state, the trait puts them in a standing state and allows for extended combos.

Example: 112 ex spear, B3, trait, 112 flip kick

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Dropping Babs for Scorpion. He doesn't have T-rex arms and the combos I've come up with in 5 minutes already look flashy as fuck and let me pick which side I want the opponent to land on.

Also raw teleport after a non MB spear is dirtier than my fucking browser history. Delay it by a millisecond and you can pick which side to land on. So disgusting, I love it.

HanzSco

NetherJerk
You can pick which side you want to land on? Mind clarifying that a bit because I think I'm reading it wrong or missing the point entirely.

And can someone post how to do his vortex? Im getting reports that he can do it and that he cant. Also, his MB hellfire OTGs?

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
You can pick which side you want to land on? Mind clarifying that a bit because I think I'm reading it wrong or missing the point entirely.

And can someone post how to do his vortex? Im getting reports that he can do it and that he cant. Also, his MB hellfire OTGs?
After a spear knockdown, immediately teleport. Delay the timing to doing the raw teleport and you will land on the opposite side.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
If sub zero ends up as DLC I will nerdgasm all over my pants. What's a DC? Would love to tell Killer Frost "This fight will be your last!" Only room for one master cryomancer XD

Sent from my iPhone

Nemesis_Prime

<3 Fighting Games!!!
Scorpion is my very first MK main and I will definitely main him again. Superman and Deathstroke will have to take a back seat for now.